Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kovy Hat Trick Appreciation-Tuesday, Nov.6

Old
11-04-2007, 06:04 PM
Tartan Jack

vCash: 500
Kovy Hat Trick Appreciation-Tuesday, Nov.6

On the team Thrasher forum, there has been a good bit of discussion on the best way to celebrate Kovalchuk's double hat trick.

Here are the 2 BEST ideas (cut and pasting my post from that forum):

In the various posts on this topic, I have heard 2 REALLY good and "different" ideas:

1) throw hats onto the bench (gets the point across AND violates no game rules (no penalties) and doesn't interfere with warm ups).

2) collect hundreds of hats in a bag or 3 and DELIVER them to Kovy in the locker room (is VERY personal and makes a nice "surprise" gift for Kovy-> THOUGH, as I'd be SURE he or a friend READS these posts, it might not be a TOTAL surprise).

Personally, I'd recommend doing BOTH. The bench for the first and the locker room gift for the second.

Now, If YOU (reader) are one of Iyla's PERSONAL friends, DON'T TELL HIM!
IF you ARE Kovy, we are VERY APPRECIATIVE of your efforts!

Tartan Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2007, 06:07 PM
Tartan Jack

Link to that thread:
http://forums.atlantathrashers.com/i...howtopic=13675

(Separate, as I don't know the feeling of the mods here on forum cross linking)

Old
11-04-2007, 06:14 PM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
i'm pretty sure kovy doesn't read this message board, but i know for a fact that people in the thrashers organization do.

as for putting/throwing a bunch of hats on the bench at warmups tuesday....well that might be a bit much, but i see the sentiment....

i wish i'd have brought in the tampa "trucker" hat they gave out at the last tampa/atl game down there...would have been the perfect hat to throw last night (but i left it in the RV )

if we all made signs with pictures of hats and lined the glass at warmups, i'm sure he'd like that and it wouldn't disrupt anything...i think i'll do that!!

gamera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2007, 02:41 AM
Safir*

I really like both idea's. Gamera is right about the signs, plus you can chant ILYA, KOVY or KOVALCHUK, whenever he touches the puck. Who knows maybe Kovy has another hattrick up in his sleeve.

Safir* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2007, 06:06 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Idea number 1 causes problems for the Thrashers during warm ups. First off, someone from the Thrashers is going to have to do something pre-game they normally do not have to do. Secondly, not sure if that sets the right tone before an important SE division game. Lastly, you do not want to show up the Caps while they are warming up on the other side of the rink.

The easiest thing to do...chant "Ilya" instead of "Hossa"

btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2007, 06:28 AM
Tartan Jack

I won't be there for the game. I was hoping to make it, but won't be able. I'll be listening on the radio.

Those ideas are not mine, just things people are planning to do already.

I was PLANNING on wearing my red Kovy Army shirt, Wallace kilt (red, black and yellow), and a ATL Flames jersey to this particular game. I THOUGHT I was going to report to the home office either today or tomorrow, but now it looks like Thurs. and Fri. I'll be working up here the first part of this week.

Old
11-05-2007, 07:22 AM
kracker1

My 2 cents: These ideas are a nice thought but I feel that doing anything like hat tossing into the bench area or anywhere else should be a spontaneous display happening in the moment that the hat trick occurs.

The same applies to delivering a bagfull of hats to the locker room, the players (and fans) appreciate the act of the cap/hat tossing at the game. Ilya or any player has no place at the arena or their home for hundreds of Thrashers caps. These caps go in a large bin on display on the Philips concourse....Who knows the adjacent section number where the bin is located please?

I say just go the game and give Ilya and all the guys lots of support. Kovy would like nothing better that a sold out building every night.

One other thought: Doing a personal gesture for Kovy involving his childrens charity, which I think is Kovy's Krew, would be be much appreciated by Ilya I am sure.
(FYI: Kovy's Kids is Alexi Kovalev's charity)

kracker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Tristelune

Quote:
Originally Posted by kracker1 View Post
I say just go the game and give Ilya and all the guys lots of support. Kovy would like nothing better that a sold out building every night.
Yea, just make sure there is two empty seat left as teh Thrashers do not fair very well when they play in a sold out

Tristelune is offline   Reply With Quote