HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

road trip sat nov 3 to TAMPA

Old
11-04-2007, 07:49 PM
gamera

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
we'd love to have you come down! let me know when you do and you can come sit in "the nest" with the crazy folks!

let me tell you this: last night's game was the BEST away game experience I've had so far....picture this: we scored first, and all 30 of us jumped up and yelled and cheered and waved our flags, thus drawing attention to our group....tampa then scored 4 unanswered goals (if i hear "lllllllliiiiiightning goal" one more time....), after each of which everyone in the arena near us pointed and taunted us and yelled that we sucked, etc.....

and then it started...

ilya with a shorty (still a few points and jeers), hossa with a beauty to bring us within one (not so many points and jeers), then kovy again to tie it (no more points and jeers), oui oui dupuis with the game winner and then kovy with the empty netter for a hat trick to seal the deal....crowd was pretty quiet by then....

"my" record down there over the past 3 seasons is 3-5-1, so it was extremely satisfying to see another win!!!

you just gotta love come from behind wins when everyone around you was gloating and heckling. heh heh

gamera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2007, 07:36 AM
kracker1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamera View Post
"my" record down there over the past 3 seasons is 3-5-1, so it was extremely satisfying to see another win!!!

you just gotta love come from behind wins when everyone around you was gloating and heckling. heh heh

I had a great time sally....i am ready to go again! What about other weekend games? Canes on the 16th, that is too soon to plan maybe...what about Caps, Pens or Blues? Are those too far for most ppl? I can usually do vacation time so I can go farther away if I want to.

anyway I had a great time, we didn't get thrown out somehow, so put me down if you have anything in mind for later in the year.

Would it be just too stupid to camp out down at philips? Is there a place to do it? The out-of-town person Wages could come join us

Last edited by kracker1: 11-05-2007 at 07:41 AM.
kracker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2007, 03:53 PM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
Quote:
Originally Posted by kracker1 View Post
I had a great time sally....i am ready to go again! What about other weekend games? Canes on the 16th, that is too soon to plan maybe...what about Caps, Pens or Blues? Are those too far for most ppl? I can usually do vacation time so I can go farther away if I want to.

anyway I had a great time, we didn't get thrown out somehow, so put me down if you have anything in mind for later in the year.

Would it be just too stupid to camp out down at philips? Is there a place to do it? The out-of-town person Wages could come join us
the carolina game is on a friday, so that wouldn't work for most people (me included)..we have a home game the night before the pens game (flying that day might work though) and i'm doing a stickhandling clinic the weekend of the blues game (would love to go to that one, though...the clinic is in the morning so if i flew....hmmm)

i *am* going to the njd/nyi games the first weekend in december. that is my next planned trip. almost a month away! i don't know what i'll do with myself!! LOL

glad you had a good time in tampa. it was pretty hard NOT to!!

Old
11-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Safir*

How is the away experience in the US? For me, when I go to an away game of my favorite team here, it's pretty fun. You normally arrive ahead of time, flood the city and make sure the residents know, who's the best team in the entire world. In the meantime you got drunk, but not too drunk, because you still wanna get inside the stadium. Not to mention more drinking in the stadium, plus parting and chanting in the away section, regardless of the outcome.

Plenty of drinking going on at the trip itself.

Safir* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2007, 04:13 PM
gamera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Käptäin Kärppä View Post
How is the away experience in the US? For me, when I go to an away game of my favorite team here, it's pretty fun. You normally arrive ahead of time, flood the city and make sure the residents know, who's the best team in the entire world. In the meantime you got drunk, but not too drunk, because you still wanna get inside the stadium. Not to mention more drinking in the stadium, plus parting and chanting in the away section, regardless of the outcome.

Plenty of drinking going on at the trip itself.
haha well i don't drink, but i usually check out the local food specialty (we had cheese steaks in philly, for example)

thrashers fans are few and far between at most away games, so "flooding the city" is pretty hard most of the time. usually there's only a few of us so we just kinda hang out and chill before the game, and we make sure to bring a blueland flag or some signs for warmups to show that guys we're there supporting them (they seem to like that ).

there's no such thing as the "away section" here...we just buy tickets wherever we want. this trip, we were all in a party area with food and drinks included in the ticket price, so that was pretty cool. normally we just have regular seats in the upper level and occasionally down low.

i've been to more losing road games than winning ones, so the other night in tampa, coming back like that to win and to see kovy's 2nd hat trick in a row....was PRICELESS!!

ooh good sign idea....

gas to tampa....... $250
ticket in the club section....... $100
hotel room .......$120
coming from a 4-1 deficit to win 6-4 with the help of a kovalchuk hat trick ......PRICELESS!!

Old
11-05-2007, 04:33 PM
Safir*

Quote:
haha well i don't drink, but i usually check out the local food specialty (we had cheese steaks in philly, for example)

thrashers fans are few and far between at most away games, so "flooding the city" is pretty hard most of the time. usually there's only a few of us so we just kinda hang out and chill before the game, and we make sure to bring a blueland flag or some signs for warmups to show that guys we're there supporting them (they seem to like that ).

there's no such thing as the "away section" here...we just buy tickets wherever we want. this trip, we were all in a party area with food and drinks included in the ticket price, so that was pretty cool. normally we just have regular seats in the upper level and occasionally down low.

i've been to more losing road games than winning ones, so the other night in tampa, coming back like that to win and to see kovy's 2nd hat trick in a row....was PRICELESS!!

ooh good sign idea....

gas to tampa....... $250
hotel room .......$120
coming from a 4-1 deficit to win 6-4 with the help of a kovalchuk hat trick ......PRICELESS!!

*yawn* Boring! Y'all should have at least started riot or beating up Bolt fans. Haha!!! j/k I don't do this stuff.

BTW, Did you have a chance to check out the city itself? I've been to Tampa for ten days and I gotta say that liked the city, especially the bay, at night. During that time I saw my first and only live NHL match. The people around tried to convert me, but I refused...hehe....the team just friggin blew and lost 3-6.

Safir* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2007, 06:47 PM
kracker1

Quote:
ooh good sign idea....

gas to tampa....... $250
hotel room .......$120

yup great sign idea Put Kovy for Captain on there somewhere cause he is....never mind I will do that one tomorrow at work....think you will have PRICELESS for tomorrow at the Caps game?....OH! i have to get the cam ready....being a fan sure is a lot of work! LOL you have to read, get online, blog, get your gear and stuff ready and do signs too!....btw we owe the Caps a serious beating for spoiling opening night so I want to show no mercy on them )

Old
11-05-2007, 07:02 PM
kracker1

Quote:
the carolina game is on a friday, so that wouldn't work for most people (me included)..we have a home game the night before the pens game (flying that day might work though) and i'm doing a stickhandling clinic the weekend of the blues game (would love to go to that one, though...the clinic is in the morning so if i flew....hmmm)

i *am* going to the njd/nyi games the first weekend in december. that is my next planned trip. almost a month away! i don't know what i'll do with myself!! LOL

glad you had a good time in tampa. it was pretty hard NOT to!!
so if i flew....hmmm...haha well, you are thinking umm so let me know if you decide to plan any of them. How are you doing the Islanders and Devils? Flying or days off to drive? That is pretty far isn't it...but TWO games is a pretty great trip.

Yes, the Tampa trip was great! I prob expect to win the games now even tho it is hard to win on the road games, so I am spoiled. I am 1 for 1 as a roadie fan