HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Generals Training Camp Notes

Old
09-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Superfly Jimmy Snuka

vCash: 500
Franchini will be a solid addition to Owen Sound...The gens got back the 4th they took him with plus a 7th which isnt bad...but i think he is going to be a solid contributor just the gens are too deep at centre...I'm waiting for a dman to be on the move now before opening night...

Superfly Jimmy Snuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Kinger27

Superfly, who do you think will be moved on the Generals D core and what OA forwards are out there?

Kinger27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2007, 09:31 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Is goaltending a weakness this year for the Gens? Lacasse is gone so is that the one big weakness they have? If so there are teams out there looking to trade. Would there be a possiblity of a forward going for a #1 goalie?

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2007, 10:53 PM
Superfly Jimmy Snuka

Actually I think goaltending will be a strength..Kovar has looked real good, and the Packwood vs. Peters battle has given the Gens a long look at both and the Gens should have a solid 1-2 combo.

As for the defence...I would see Levin being waived or Seegmiller being dealt....I would assume that Levin will be traded and/or waived.

Old
09-19-2007, 11:59 PM
Kinger27

Well Generals final roster has been announced
30 Jakub Kovar

31 Mark Packwood

3 David Corrente

4 Michael Del Zotto

5 John Quarrie

6 Matt Seegmiller

7 Dale Mitchell

8 David Jarram

10 Ryan McGinnis

11 Tyler Taylor

16 Dean Howard

17 Kory Nagy

18 Dimitri Levin

19 Brett MacLean

20 Corey Cowick

21 Jeff Hayes

22 Eric Regan

23 Kody Musselman

24 Justin Shugg

25 James DeLory

27 Shea Kewin

28 Brett Parnham

29 Ziga Pance

91 John Tavares

McGinnis and Jarram are now both signed and with the team...Packwood beat out Peters for the back-up role which is a surprise in my mind..Gens are carrying 8 D...Players that didn't make the final roster are Murray Free, Nick Esposto, Greg Brown and Anthony Peters

Old
09-22-2007, 11:06 AM
Kinger27

Superfly Jimmy, dont know if you watched the game last night and what a game it was but do you know what happened to Jarram as he didnt play in the 2nd and 3rd period. and also what a player Ryan McGinnis is this is one of the best defenceman i have seen play in a long time nice pick up for the Generals

Old
09-22-2007, 03:08 PM
Superfly Jimmy Snuka

Jarram was soft, and just doesnt have the hockey sense to play with a guy like Tavares, he was on the bench for the rest of the game...Kewin and Howard were both looking very good with Tavares, I really like Kewin's game he can play on any of the top 3 lines and assume the role accordingly. I also liked how the Gens rolled 4 lines it was good to see Pance, Taylor and Nagy getting some ice time you can tell that they have developed and if Pance every develops a touch around the net i think he could see some time on the higher lines. I was really impressed with the D core all around everyone knew their role and played well. McGinnis looks like he's exactly what the Gens needed and DeLory had a nice tilt....So did Cowick which was lopsided...Overall was very impressed with everyone on the team they showed that they have developed over the summer. I still think a Dman has to go though, carrying 8 is a little too much like we did last year and Scott Madden left the team.

Old
09-22-2007, 03:56 PM
Kinger27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly Jimmy Snuka View Post
Jarram was soft, and just doesnt have the hockey sense to play with a guy like Tavares, he was on the bench for the rest of the game...Kewin and Howard were both looking very good with Tavares, I really like Kewin's game he can play on any of the top 3 lines and assume the role accordingly. I also liked how the Gens rolled 4 lines it was good to see Pance, Taylor and Nagy getting some ice time you can tell that they have developed and if Pance every develops a touch around the net i think he could see some time on the higher lines. I was really impressed with the D core all around everyone knew their role and played well. McGinnis looks like he's exactly what the Gens needed and DeLory had a nice tilt....So did Cowick which was lopsided...Overall was very impressed with everyone on the team they showed that they have developed over the summer. I still think a Dman has to go though, carrying 8 is a little too much like we did last year and Scott Madden left the team.
So Jarram was on the bench for the whole game? I didn't have a good view of the bench so i couldn't tell..I think Corrente should be sent to Jr.A or somewhere he looked a little out of place I think Quarrie and Levin deserve to be in the line-up over him at this point

Old
09-22-2007, 06:28 PM
barfy2000

Delory messed that guy up... Kovar played well, but man was I worried when the Sudbury player split the D and got robbed

barfy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2007, 09:03 PM
ringetterox15

so im not really a gens fan, but i seriously think they will be the team to beat this year, i think they are the new london knights!! there going to the memorial cup...i know its early, but as of right now, im putting my money on them

ringetterox15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2007, 11:58 AM
Superfly Jimmy Snuka

i dont know about that the season is early, Packwood played a good game last night against Belleville, I expect these two teams to battle it out for 1st and second...The Gens still have 1 OA spot left as well and a lot of guys they can move in trades.

Old
09-23-2007, 01:10 PM
Petes1

Quote:
The Gens still have 1 OA spot left as well and a lot of guys they can move in trades.
Apparently Jadran Beljo's at home awaiting a trade. He'd be a good fit and capable of 40-50 goals.

Petes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2007, 04:10 PM
Superfly Jimmy Snuka

he would be a very nice addition to this team...Brad needs to get on the phone

Old
09-23-2007, 04:24 PM
Kinger27

Quote:
he would be a very nice addition to this team...Brad needs to get on the phone
That would be a very nice addition..what do you think the Gens would have to trade to get him?

Old
11-05-2007, 05:07 PM
NewGensFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by barfy2000 View Post
Now...if only Kory Nagy can score during the real season...Poor guy.

He Did It!! Only took 97 games and a lot of sweat but he can finally say he has an OHL goal, probably the hardest worked for goal in OHL history!!! 9th goal in a 9-5 win, but, it's a goal. The team mobbed him after the game!!

3. OSH Nagy, (1) (Hayes), 17:09

NewGensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2007, 12:11 AM
Superfly Jimmy Snuka

not only that...the goal was a beauty