Notices

Mike Mottau

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2004, 02:36 PM
DHLTrashers

vCash: 500
Mike Mottau

Any chance to crack the lineup next saison?

thx

Old
03-25-2004, 04:24 PM
Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHLTrashers
Any chance to crack the lineup next saison?
No, he was signed as minor-league filler.

Old
03-25-2004, 05:51 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

He really wasn't able to step up and make himself known, struggling with a knee injury for a while. I'd take the face that Armstrong and Popovic saw NHL action before he did that he probably is too far down on the depth chart to see much NHL time (if any) with Anaheim anytime soon.

Old
03-25-2004, 11:11 PM
Cincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbesy
He really wasn't able to step up and make himself known, struggling with a knee injury for a while. I'd take the face that Armstrong and Popovic saw NHL action before he did that he probably is too far down on the depth chart to see much NHL time (if any) with Anaheim anytime soon.
Mottau is in a one year deal so I am sure he and Armstrong will both go elsewhere. Armstrong has 1 year deal with a option as well. I believe it is a club option, but he is freindly with BM and Babcock frojm prior years, so I have a feeling they won't pick it up if he doesn't want them too and I heard he wants out and wants to head back to Europe. As it was said before Mottau and ARmstong are too far down the depth chart.
To start training camp if no offseason moves are made they have Carney, Ozo, Vish, Skoula, Salei, Havelid and Popovic who is ready and waiting in the wings.
Also, Popovic's 3 year contract is up after next year I would expect they would be pressed to get him solid NHL playing time. Otherwise, he might look to go to a team that sees him fitting in their system more. I highly doubt it will come to that but he is NHL ready and needs NHL time to get better and if they don't give it to him next year he might want to go to a team that will. Again I doubt that would happen, but I am sure the Ducks realize it is a possibility.

So I don't think Mottau or Armstrong will see much time next year and I doubt they will stick around.

Old
03-26-2004, 01:05 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy
Also, Popovic's 3 year contract is up after next year I would expect they would be pressed to get him solid NHL playing time. Otherwise, he might look to go to a team that sees him fitting in their system more. I highly doubt it will come to that but he is NHL ready and needs NHL time to get better and if they don't give it to him next year he might want to go to a team that will. Again I doubt that would happen, but I am sure the Ducks realize it is a possibility.
Are you saying he would request a trade after his contract runs out if he does not get much NHL playing time next year? because he certainly wouldn't be a UFA after the contract...he'd be a RFA...

Old
03-26-2004, 10:51 AM
Cincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19
Are you saying he would request a trade after his contract runs out if he does not get much NHL playing time next year? because he certainly wouldn't be a UFA after the contract...he'd be a RFA...
No I was wrong then, I know he is young but, I thought he would be a UFA. He would not request a trade. I thought he had the ability to go elsewhere. Sorry don't know much about contracts, all I know is his is up at the end of next year. I didn't realize he would be restricted.

Closed Thread