HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Notices

Mike Mottau

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-25-2004, 02:36 PM
  #1
DHLTrashers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 9
vCash: 500
Mike Mottau

Any chance to crack the lineup next saison?

thx

DHLTrashers is offline  
Old
03-25-2004, 04:24 PM
  #2
Hank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,010
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHLTrashers
Any chance to crack the lineup next saison?
No, he was signed as minor-league filler.

Hank is offline  
Old
03-25-2004, 05:51 PM
  #3
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,141
vCash: 500
He really wasn't able to step up and make himself known, struggling with a knee injury for a while. I'd take the face that Armstrong and Popovic saw NHL action before he did that he probably is too far down on the depth chart to see much NHL time (if any) with Anaheim anytime soon.

Kevin Forbes is offline  
Old
03-25-2004, 11:11 PM
  #4
Cincy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 18
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by forbesy
He really wasn't able to step up and make himself known, struggling with a knee injury for a while. I'd take the face that Armstrong and Popovic saw NHL action before he did that he probably is too far down on the depth chart to see much NHL time (if any) with Anaheim anytime soon.
Mottau is in a one year deal so I am sure he and Armstrong will both go elsewhere. Armstrong has 1 year deal with a option as well. I believe it is a club option, but he is freindly with BM and Babcock frojm prior years, so I have a feeling they won't pick it up if he doesn't want them too and I heard he wants out and wants to head back to Europe. As it was said before Mottau and ARmstong are too far down the depth chart.
To start training camp if no offseason moves are made they have Carney, Ozo, Vish, Skoula, Salei, Havelid and Popovic who is ready and waiting in the wings.
Also, Popovic's 3 year contract is up after next year I would expect they would be pressed to get him solid NHL playing time. Otherwise, he might look to go to a team that sees him fitting in their system more. I highly doubt it will come to that but he is NHL ready and needs NHL time to get better and if they don't give it to him next year he might want to go to a team that will. Again I doubt that would happen, but I am sure the Ducks realize it is a possibility.

So I don't think Mottau or Armstrong will see much time next year and I doubt they will stick around.

Cincy is offline  
Old
03-26-2004, 01:05 AM
  #5
McDonald19
Hampus
 
McDonald19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 17,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy
Also, Popovic's 3 year contract is up after next year I would expect they would be pressed to get him solid NHL playing time. Otherwise, he might look to go to a team that sees him fitting in their system more. I highly doubt it will come to that but he is NHL ready and needs NHL time to get better and if they don't give it to him next year he might want to go to a team that will. Again I doubt that would happen, but I am sure the Ducks realize it is a possibility.
Are you saying he would request a trade after his contract runs out if he does not get much NHL playing time next year? because he certainly wouldn't be a UFA after the contract...he'd be a RFA...

McDonald19 is offline  
Old
03-26-2004, 10:51 AM
  #6
Cincy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 18
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19
Are you saying he would request a trade after his contract runs out if he does not get much NHL playing time next year? because he certainly wouldn't be a UFA after the contract...he'd be a RFA...
No I was wrong then, I know he is young but, I thought he would be a UFA. He would not request a trade. I thought he had the ability to go elsewhere. Sorry don't know much about contracts, all I know is his is up at the end of next year. I didn't realize he would be restricted.

Cincy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.