HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

The OFFICIAL Aigles Bleus Thread

Old
10-28-2007, 10:28 AM
Alpine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEagle View Post
Is Fighting in the CIS now permitted?

As of what I remember last year, they did not let the players fight. This year during fridays game, they let them go at it for a good 20 seconds. I really hope they do let the boys fight. I think it would remove most of the cheapshots because the players who do them won't be protected by the "no fighting rule" and would have to face the consequences of their actions.

----------------------------------------

On a side note, I was really surprised by the 5 goal 1st period on friday, reminded me of last years team a bit...
Nah, fighting's still a no-no. An auto major, game, and suspension. One game suspension if I remember right. Berube got in some licks though eh.
Lachance held the fort early on against SMU and the Aigles took advantage of Huskie penalty troubles.
Good to see UdeM back on track two solid wins in Le nid des Aigles.
Sure takes AUS a while to get the box scores up. I wanted to check out the Huskies bench minor late in the game. But the announcer has a habit of swallowing the mic and the kid with the drum wouldn't stop pounding it long enough to even make an attempt at trying to listen. He had fun though.
Note to announcer..........
Back away from the mic and take some bass out. Test one, test two, test trois.
EDIT:
Under the can't help myself category.
One former Beaver and one Moncton native scored against les Aigles this weekend, Jeff Caron, SJ Sea Dogs with X and Mark Carberry, Beavers with SMU
If you like fighting check out a Beavers game. Martime Jr League has a two fight rule with only a match penalty. The only way a suspension is handed out is when the player has two fights in the same stoppage and there's still cheap shots thrown..........okay, needless plug for the Beavs.

Last edited by Alpine: 10-28-2007 at 11:53 AM.
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2007, 09:41 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Hey, I didn't knew that there was a thread on the Aigles Bleus. I'm the host of Le Hockey des Aigles Bleus, on CKUM, and I'm following the team so I'll post some reviews of the game when we'll be outside. I'll leave Bernier26 do the home games, he's doind a great job!

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2007, 12:27 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Guys, who do you think is better...Lachance or Lafrance

Old
10-30-2007, 06:30 AM
Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
I feel comfortable with either. Toss-up

Old
10-30-2007, 01:49 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Yeah, we probably have the best duo in the country...

One thing I don't like with Lafrance is that he's often letting one weak goal per game

One thing I don't like with Lachance is that he can collapse after letting a weak goal in, like when they lost 7-3 against Saint-Mary's this year...

But either way, we can't go wrong. I guess Lafrance will see a lot of pucks this year because it's his last year. Lachance will be back next year...

Old
10-30-2007, 08:08 PM
Bernier26

Quote:
It's a hard one but Lachance. He looks really relaxed in net. I agree that we have one of the best 1a/1b goaltending duo in Canada.

In some related news, Lachance is likely to start Friday and Lafrance on Saturday vs Acadia. Both goalies will play half/half until christmas and then Mongrain will pick his #1 goalie for the rest of the year (baring injury).

Bernier26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2007, 07:12 PM
Bernier26

Moncton @ UPEI

You can watch the game live @ http://www.panthertv.ca/livevideo.

After the first, Moncton is down 2-0 and outshooting UPEI 10-9.

Still 2-0 for UPEI after the second. Moncton is playing a lot better but they just can't finish. Like the saying goes "It's hard to score at UPEI"

Final score 2-1 UPEI. Good game by the Panthers and horrible game by Moncton. Lachance and a few played ok but overall, a pretty poor game for Moncton. At least we ruined Drew's shutout on a lucky goal with 20 seconds left .

Last edited by Bernier26: 10-31-2007 at 08:52 PM.
Bernier26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2007, 01:25 AM
Alpine

Interesting week, still can't buy a road win. 1-2 vs Panthers in Ch'town. 4-3 OT win at home vs Tigers and 4-3 at home vs Axemen. But I think the team is becoming a "team" and should start putting the W's in a string soon.
I kinda think Acadia out played Les Aigles though. Still so many question marks on "team" play. IMHO

Old
11-05-2007, 08:03 AM
cishockeyfan

Wow I was very surprised to see Acadia fired if i read correctly online 46 shots on goal in Moncton's Home rink? after they were only able to get 13 shots on goal the night before againts UNB

cishockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2007, 10:26 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Hey Guys,

We need some sponsors at CKUM to be able to do all the games on the radio. Do you guys know some places that we could ask to? They would get some adds during the games...

Also, do you guys know someone who would be willing to come at the station to put the games on air? We offer a pizza from Pizza Shack per week-end...

Thanks, and please help CKUM...it's for the good of us, and the Aigles Bleus!

Old
11-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Alpine

Geez, besides the alumni that run a business. Your typical, Pizza Delight, Mikes Rest, Dooly's, Assomption Life, Caisse Populaire. Law firms, accountants, doctors, garages, etc...........
This sounds strange and I know CKUM is a Franco student/community radio station and I don't want to fight old wars. But...........
Have you thought of doing interviews or re-caps in English? I have noticed over the last few years the Aigles Bleus/Blue Eagles, from the folk I talk to has lost a connection to the English community that it once had as a home town team?
Don't wanna start anything just saying..............that appealing to a broader section of the area...........okay, I'm in over my head.
Other than that as students check with other media outlets to see if you can get some help through thier advert depts. Most love to help students.
EDIT:
Please keep in mind that I'm an alumnus of Mount Allison and only follow UdeM as they are now the only AUS team in town.
But the MJAHL Offensive player of the week is 3rd year Mt A commerce student
.http://www.mjahl.com/pow.php?ID=16
We take our accomplishments in small doses

Last edited by Alpine: 11-06-2007 at 12:26 PM.
Old
11-06-2007, 12:24 PM
BlueEagle

Quote:
Hey Guys,

We need some sponsors at CKUM to be able to do all the games on the radio. Do you guys know some places that we could ask to? They would get some adds during the games...

Also, do you guys know someone who would be willing to come at the station to put the games on air? We offer a pizza from Pizza Shack per week-end...

Thanks, and please help CKUM...it's for the good of us, and the Aigles Bleus!
What do you mean by "putting the game on air" What would this involve?

BlueEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2007, 04:19 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
What do you mean by "putting the game on air" What would this involve?
We are working with a machine that is just like a big telephone in which we plug our mics...so when it's time to go on air, we are calling at the radio station, and someone have to put the phone line on air. When we need to go on a break, the person have to put the commercials, and put us back on air after that...pretty simple. There's also another free computer to go online...

Old
11-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
Geez, besides the alumni that run a business. Your typical, Pizza Delight, Mikes Rest, Dooly's, Assomption Life, Caisse Populaire. Law firms, accountants, doctors, garages, etc...........
This sounds strange and I know CKUM is a Franco student/community radio station and I don't want to fight old wars. But...........
Have you thought of doing interviews or re-caps in English? I have noticed over the last few years the Aigles Bleus/Blue Eagles, from the folk I talk to has lost a connection to the English community that it once had as a home town team?
Don't wanna start anything just saying..............that appealing to a broader section of the area...........okay, I'm in over my head.
Other than that as students check with other media outlets to see if you can get some help through thier advert depts. Most love to help students.
EDIT:
Please keep in mind that I'm an alumnus of Mount Allison and only follow UdeM as they are now the only AUS team in town.
But the MJAHL Offensive player of the week is 3rd year Mt A commerce student
.http://www.mjahl.com/pow.php?ID=16
We take our accomplishments in small doses
We can't do anything in english, as we are a french radio. Also, how would it work? One part in French, one in English...not really possible...it's a French team, and we are a French radio...I know it would be cool for the English people, but a English radio would hae to do their own broadcasting...

Old
11-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Alpine

Quote:
We can't do anything in english, as we are a french radio. Also, how would it work? One part in French, one in English...not really possible...it's a French team, and we are a French radio...I know it would be cool for the English people, but a English radio would hae to do their own broadcasting...
Well, all I said was interviews and re-caps. Not bilingual broadcasting.
But you've convinced me. This semi-bilingual Chiac/ English speaker should stop following a French team and wait for Mt A to re-join or ABU to enter AUS as Les Aigles aren't my home town team.
Back to my two Junior teams.
Thank-you.

Old
11-07-2007, 11:45 AM
BlueEagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
Well, all I said was interviews and re-caps. Not bilingual broadcasting.
But you've convinced me. This semi-bilingual English speaker should stop following a French team and wait for Mt A to re-join or ABU to enter AUS as Les Aigles aren't my home town team.
Back to my two Junior teams.
Thank-you.
lol the language war continues on in moncton eh? Why would you need interviews and re-caps in english to root for a team? This would mean that me being a french person in moncton, would not want to root for the wildcats because they don't interview or re-cap in french??.

You have to respect the history of this university. How hard the french people fought in moncton for the right to speak french. Now you're saying to our only radio station to do interviews and re-caps in english? Some of our students don't even understand english. It would pretty much contradict everything the university fought for back in the days.

I see where you're coming from here but you can't expect UdeM to do interviews in english. It would be like askig UNB to do french interviews for the french people of fredericton...

Old
11-07-2007, 12:32 PM
Alpine

Quote:
lol the language war continues on in moncton eh? Why would you need interviews and re-caps in english to root for a team? This would mean that me being a french person in moncton, would not want to root for the wildcats because they don't interview or re-cap in french??.

You have to respect the history of this university. How hard the french people fought in moncton for the right to speak french. Now you're saying to our only radio station to do interviews and re-caps in english? Some of our students don't even understand english. It would pretty much contradict everything the university fought for back in the days.

I see where you're coming from here but you can't expect UdeM to do interviews in english. It would be like askig UNB to do french interviews for the french people of fredericton...
I was responding to the call for sponsorship for CKUM, some ENGLISH interviews and after period re-caps to gain sponsors.
There was a time in the 60's-70's-80's when Les Aigles were the talk of the town.
If the right promos where done they could almost equal the Cats?
Moncton is a bilingual city and nothing survives long with-out appealing to the 60/40 split in languages.
To say Les Aigles are Equipe Francaise should be as foriegn as saying Wildcats are an English Team.
Niether linguistic community on it's own is strong enough to support fully any thing. They need the support of the whole community. We are just too small a centre to have ghettos.........if you get my drift.
Therefore Les Aigles to be all they can be have to appeal to the whole community.
I'll stop now, just wanting our city to be all it can be.

Old
11-18-2007, 02:15 PM
BlueEagle

8-3 last night I heard?...I don't have any details, some guy at the bar told me the good news

Old
11-19-2007, 07:30 AM
cishockeyfan

Big Game Wednesday night, UNB is getting hit with the injury bug a bit but should be ok till the xmas break. Moncton seems to be turning it back up a notch

Old
11-20-2007, 10:22 AM
BlueEagle

UNB are bringing up a couple of buses for fans so I should make for an interesting crown at J-L Levesque.

Old
11-22-2007, 07:43 AM
cishockeyfan

Quick Review of Last Nights Game

Great Hockey Game last night in Moncton, as a UNB fan obviously dissapointed to lose it in a shootout, but we will certainly take the road point as we have always had a tough time playing at the J-Louis Levesque Arena

UNB Grabbed an early 1-0 lead 45 seconds into the game and it was 3-0 by the Seven Minute mark, at this point I did think it was over, and I believe UNB sat back a bit at this point. Moncton Cut into the lead to make 3-1 UNB after the first

Second Period Moncton really turned it on, and UNB found themselves in repetitive Penalty Trouble, Moncton fairly quickly tied it 3-3, and front that point both teams settles in and the game kinda took a feel of Last years CIS championchip Game

UNB took the lead 4-3 in the third, and Moncton tied it at 4 with about 7 minutes to play, before the teams went and played the 10 Minute ovetime. Both teams had numerous Chances to win in the late stages of the game.

In the shootout their first shooters exchanged goals before the next four shooters could not find the net. Each team put out their 4th shooter with Hunter Tremblay being stopped by Kevin Lachance on a backhander, and Remi Doucet who was stopped on a overtime breakaway by Mike Ouzas, elected to shoot this time, and burried the winner through the goalies pads.

It was really a great game, Moncton showed alot of character battling back from the early deficit, and really to me looks like theyve pulled together as a team like last year, after a bit of a slow start this season. It will be interesting to see what happens in the rematch in Fredericton in 2 weeks, where UNB will be much more comfortable playing

Old
11-22-2007, 09:33 PM
BlueEagle

Great game last night!

Lachance looked really shaky at the start, letting in 2 weak ones. He recovered and saved UdeM a couple times. The crowd was really into it, made things more interesting. I didn't see any bus loads of UNB fans though. It also reminded me of a CIS championship final. Going to be a good game in freddy next time they meet.

Old
12-02-2007, 09:44 AM
Alpine

Anybody mind if I come back here? I'll only talk hockey I promise
Aigles take down the mighty Reds at the Aitken Centre 5-3.
We now enter the Dec. break with Aigles on a high. Tight standings in AUS and 2nd half should be interesting.

Old
12-04-2007, 09:47 AM
BlueEagle

Hey, missed ya hehe.... Aigles bleus got lucky last friday, Lachance really was on his game. We where getting outshot, and certainly outplayed. Michael Ouzas let in 2 soft goals, and from there we played well. Nice little UdeM crowd at the Aiken center, I sure got a couple of dirty looks while cheering

Old
12-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Rob

That was a really intense game last Friday. Can't wait for the next matchup in Januray. I like the fact that the Aigles Bleus have such a solid fan base. It is great to see so many of their fans coming to Fredericton to support their team. You never see that with other teams in the AUS.

By the way, are the Aigles Bleus playing any exhibition games after Christmas?

Rob is online now   Reply With Quote