HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

DiPietro got away with one?

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2007, 07:35 PM
John Torturella

vCash: 500
DiPietro got away with one?

Did anyone else think that the play last night when DiPietro shot the puck off the boards was a penalty? The puck was right on the line when he shot it away and it seemed pretty clear to me and to Brendan Shanahan that he played the puck outside of the trapezoid, therefore it should have been a penalty. Thoughts?

Old
11-07-2007, 07:39 PM
Bretzky*

Yes. It was clear as day. I said this in another thread last night. And on the ensuing play, Girardi got called for the highstick which allowed the Islanders to tie the game.

Old
11-07-2007, 07:40 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by motime42 View Post
Did anyone else think that the play last night when DiPietro shot the puck off the boards was a penalty? The puck was right on the line when he shot it away and it seemed pretty clear to me and to Brendan Shanahan that he played the puck outside of the trapezoid, therefore it should have been a penalty. Thoughts?
Dude, let it go! It's amazing anything to not give the NYI credit. If you are going to make a thread about every call this year, you are in for a very long year.

Old
11-07-2007, 07:41 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzky-StaalFor07 View Post
Yes. It was clear as day. I said this in another thread last night. And on the ensuing play, Girardi got called for the highstick which allowed the Islanders to tie the game.
I really dont see how the ref (who was right on top of it) could have missed something so obvious. If he didn't miss it, he just let it slide. I thought this was a black and white thing. You handle the puck in that area as a goalie and its an automatic 2 minute penalty.

Old
11-07-2007, 07:42 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFanatic View Post
Dude, let it go! It's amazing anything to not give the NYI credit. If you are going to make a thread about every call this year, you are in for a very long year.
I agree. Although not with the credit thing, real NYR fans know NYI had the 2 points from the puck drop. We had won 4 in a row, you guys always play like a team at a higher level against us, and we were on the second of back to back games, it was bound to happen.

I credit NYI fully, but I still hate you fully

Old
11-07-2007, 07:43 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
I agree. Although not with the credit thing, real NYR fans know NYI had the 2 points from the puck drop. We had won 4 in a row, you guys always play like a team at a higher level against us, and we were on the second of back to back games, it was bound to happen.

I credit NYI fully, but I still hate you fully

Old
11-07-2007, 07:43 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

This doesn't need its own thread. Use the GDT.

Closed Thread