HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My Lines would Be

Old
11-08-2007, 02:00 PM
jake1970*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPG View Post
+1

Anyone who thinks Tyutin has been mediocre either hasn't seen the Rangers play at all or just doesn't know hockey.
I have played hockey all of my life, watched the Rangers since I was 10 and watch every game. Tyutin is an ok dman - I don't think he does anything very well that would put him on the #1 line on any team - I am ok with him on the 2nd line - with this group they are all interchangeable - there is no difinitive #1 or 2 guy in my opinion besides Rozy who isn't playing well yet.

jake1970* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 02:01 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake1970 View Post
I never said Staal wasn't playing well - I said he doesn't belong on the 1st line on any team yet. As for Tyutin - I think he is mediocre - he does nothing very well.
Yet, you still haven't actually stated how or where he's been mediocre. Why do you think he's been mediocre. Can you point out actually times when he's been mediocre?

And, I'm sorry, but you did say Staal was "shaky". If that doesn't imply that he's not playing well, then perhaps you would like to clarify what you mean by "shaky"?

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Fletch

Jake...

I think Tyutin doesn't do anything extremely well, but does everything pretty well. My problem with him is sometimes he dozes off or lacks intensity or urgency. I saw a lot of that in the last half of last season (and virtually none of that in the first half). I think he still needs to become more consistent because he has the tools: size, ability, moves the puck, can hit nicely, can block shots, can shoot, is smart, etc.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 04:06 PM
Ola

I don't think we should change the lines again right now, but later I think these lines could be interesting.

Straka-Dubi-Jagr//We have seen what Dubi and Jagr can do. They are looking promising. But I do think Straka makes more sense on the left in the long run then Hossa does. Atleast when Hossa isn't scoring. Straka also helps his center allot.
Hossa-Gomez-Shanahan//Gomez is great at getting the puck into the attacking zone, but once there he needs help to establish pressure. That is our big problem as a team. We have problems establishing substained pressure. We don't get any real momentum. Hossa and Shanny are the two biggest bodys we got besides JJ. Hossa is also one of the few guys we got who prefers to play along the boards, instead of cruising in the crease. I think this line could be pretty interesting. Hossa is also good defensivly. This line would be really strong defensivly too late in games.
Drury-Avery-Prucha//It have been interesting to see Prucha on the right side. I do think he is a better fit on that side then on the left side. He got much more moves comming in from that side. I would also like to see Avery center Drury. Avery is much more fearless when it comes to transporting the puck up ice. Drury could then have more of a free role on the left side.
Orr-Betts-Callahan

The alternative IMO is to go with what we got, but insert Straka instead of Dawes. Straka would help Drury.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 04:07 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I think Tyutin doesn't do anything extremely well, but does everything pretty well. My problem with him is sometimes he dozes off or lacks intensity or urgency. I saw a lot of that in the last half of last season (and virtually none of that in the first half). I think he still needs to become more consistent because he has the tools: size, ability, moves the puck, can hit nicely, can block shots, can shoot, is smart, etc.

A very good assessment Fletch. He's still rather young. The pairing of him and Girardi does work fairly well.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 04:13 PM
JayMan82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
To Tyut's credit he's been jumping into the play and hitting the net A LOT more than in seasons past...

JayMan82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Jay88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMan82 View Post
To Tyut's credit he's been jumping into the play and hitting the net A LOT more than in seasons past...
We can thank Kaspar for that. tyutin picked up some good traits from him.

Jay88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 08:31 PM
mikenyr

i dont see how the rangers send down dawes

seriously.. its time for hossa to go..

also who is worse... strudwick or malik ? lol

mikenyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 08:38 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake1970 View Post
I never said Staal wasn't playing well - I said he doesn't belong on the 1st line on any team yet. As for Tyutin - I think he is mediocre - he does nothing very well.
Are you kidding me

What team have been watching...

And those are some of the worst lines I've ever seen. Not only because they do not make sense, but because we already tried some of those combo's and they didn't work

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 08:43 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenyr View Post
i dont see how the rangers send down dawes

seriously.. its time for hossa to go..

also who is worse... strudwick or malik ? lol
I've defended his being on this team for a little while now (never on the first line) but on the 4th line but after the last couple of games I couldn't agree more. Our 4th line is fine right now and Hossa is just awful. Buh-bye

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 08:57 PM
Vatchern

When healthy... I would like:

Straka - Dubi - Jagr
Dawes - Gomez - Prucha
Shannahan - Drury - Avery
Callahan - Betts - Hollweg/Orr

Rosival - Staal
Tyutin - Girardi
Mara - Malik/Struds.......

I really liked Staal and Rosival combo tonight. I think they can really work well together.

We can afford to dump Hossa when straka returns... Straka can replace hossa on the PK any day.

Vatchern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 09:00 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatchern View Post
When healthy... I would like:

Straka - Dubi - Jagr
Dawes - Gomez - Prucha
Shannahan - Drury - Avery
Callahan - Betts - Hollweg/Orr

Rosival - Staal
Tyutin - Girardi
Mara - Malik/Struds.......

I really liked Staal and Rosival combo tonight. I think they can really work well together.

We can afford to dump Hossa when straka returns... Straka can replace hossa on the PK any day.

I like those lines but I just hate seeing Cally on the 4th line. If Pruchs doesn't start producing I would rather have cally up on the 2nd as he is tough. That line just seems a little to small for me as it is.

Old
11-08-2007, 09:25 PM
GratefulDead

Straka - Dubinsky - Jagr
Prucha - Gomez - Shanahan
Avery - Drury - Callahan
Hossa - Betts - Dawes

We have grit and checking in Avery, Callahan, Dubinsky and Shanahan to a lesser extent. Hossa just checking.

The 1st line is a shutdown line that cycles the puck, tires down the opponent's D and can score lots of goals.

The second line goes out after the 1st line has tired down the opponents D/Forwards and has the ability to get off a quick shot and storm the net.

The third line would provide lots of energy and scoring potential with Drury setting up Cally and Avery. A good D pairing with this line would be Malik and Rosy since they could help set up the plays for the 2 wingers while leaving Drury the chance to get in front of the net.

The fourth line would be a defensive minded line, with the big body of Hossa helping get Dawes some space. Staal and Mara would compliment this line well since they both have a good shot from the point and Staal has good defensive responsibility.

In reality, I see Dawes getting sent back down and Cally on the third line with Avery.

GratefulDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 09:30 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulDead View Post
Straka - Dubinsky - Jagr
Prucha - Gomez - Shanahan
Avery - Drury - Callahan
Hossa - Betts - Dawes

We have grit and checking in Avery, Callahan, Dubinsky and Shanahan to a lesser extent. Hossa just checking.

The 1st line is a shutdown line that cycles the puck, tires down the opponent's D and can score lots of goals.

The second line goes out after the 1st line has tired down the opponents D/Forwards and has the ability to get off a quick shot and storm the net.

The third line would provide lots of energy and scoring potential with Drury setting up Cally and Avery. A good D pairing with this line would be Malik and Rosy since they could help set up the plays for the 2 wingers while leaving Drury the chance to get in front of the net.

The fourth line would be a defensive minded line, with the big body of Hossa helping get Dawes some space. Staal and Mara would compliment this line well since they both have a good shot from the point and Staal has good defensive responsibility.

In reality, I see Dawes getting sent back down and Cally on the third line with Avery.
You need at least one of Orr/Hollywood. If there is a fight you want one of these two in it. Not Cally, Dubi, Shanny. Avery can't handle a heavyweight and you don't want him in the box for 5 minutes at a clip.

Old
11-08-2007, 09:33 PM
GratefulDead

Hollweg does not fight. Orr is the only fighter on the lineup. Avery and Shanny both have fought but try to avoid them as much as possible. I think Jagr should start fighting, hes got big legs (as Sam ALWAYS friggin says) and can throw the scissors on the other guy.

But really, Orr stifles ANY line he is on. I would rather see 4 lines that can score than 3 lines and 1 that could but now cant because of Orr. Orr can go in for games against division rivals and not much else.

GratefulDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 10:02 PM
Bretzky*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay88 View Post
So basically you are looking to see Jagr, pruchaand Callahan and Drury all on injured reserve.

that line up up is so soft its pathetic and they would be abused game in and out..

. Take a look at the lineup and how soft it is, if you cant see that or didnt realize it,well then I feel bad for ya kiddo. Are you looking to see this team get the **** abused out of them.
Oh please. They'd get abused? This is hockey, not UFC. If other players are going to take runs at us so much more just because Orr isn't in the lineup, they'll get called for penalties. You can't just abuse and injure players if they don't have a tough guy in the lineup. Orr in the lineup deters players like Brashear from running Jagr but Jagr is one of the best in the league at avoiding hits and bracing himself for contact. These are hockey players. Even the smurfs can take hard hits 99% of the time.

You argue as if an entire hockey game is played along the boards where the little guys are going to get abused. Orr in the lineup doesn't make any of our small guys taller. They're fast and they're in the lineup for a reason. They can play. This isn't the clutch and grab NHL anymore.

Nobody's going to force non-fighters into dropping the gloves. So please explain this "abuse" you feel so strongly about. Your argument is baseless and your attitude has become increasingly obnoxious on these forums. It seems like you're only here to give people lip. We're all Rangers fans here. There's no need to post like that if you're not going to back up anything you say with actual points, facts, reasoning or statistics. You're not bringing anything to the discussion. Please reconsider.

Bretzky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2007, 10:46 AM
jake1970*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
Yet, you still haven't actually stated how or where he's been mediocre. Why do you think he's been mediocre. Can you point out actually times when he's been mediocre?

And, I'm sorry, but you did say Staal was "shaky". If that doesn't imply that he's not playing well, then perhaps you would like to clarify what you mean by "shaky"?
Mediocre is ordinary - there is no way to point out ordinary play - he doesn't do anything that stands out - he's vanilla. He os not a tough, intimidating player, he is not an offensive player, he is ok - that's it. I do admit that I was wrong about Staal - I was very impressed with him last night - I do admit when I am wrong. If you like Tyutin with Girardi that's fine - I have no problem with it.

jake1970* is offline   Reply With Quote