HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tuesdays Isles vs Rangers Game controversy?

Old
11-09-2007, 07:40 AM
UAGoalieGuy

vCash: 500
Man what is wrong with Sommers? I like the fact that he's talking about hockey but all three Islander goals were screamers over Lundqvist's sholders. No goal came close to have a kick in lol. Guy needs to give credit where credit is due. The Rangers played like garbage in the third, sat back too much, and the Islanders skated circles around them for their goals. Learn from your mistakes, get better, and be ready for the next match-up against the Islanders.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2007, 07:57 AM
War Admiral

I heard Somers after the game and felt that he was just joking about the Islanders victory. Captain Midnight is constantly making fun of the Isles and is just trying to insight a little playful controversy. That's all...it's no big deal. Just schmoozey being schmoozey...

He's the best on WFAN...and this is coming from an Islander fan.

War Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2007, 08:00 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
I 110% agree with everything you've said in this post.

It's unreal, Witt has a reputation for punching players in the back of the head, taking extra liberties after the whistle on players moving away from the crease, and yet, Hollweg, who although is a dirty player and has a bad rep to boot, is the one being watched like an eagle? It's bs, they won't call a damn penalty for him.

It's pointless having Hollweg in our lineup. Honestly, I'd rather get rid of him and bring Dominic Moore back. While I was all for giving Adam Hall a shot, I'm definitely not against giving Moore another shot here. I think he could be a good fixture on the 4th line, as he can actually score a goal or two. Hollweg seems to score as often as Haley's Comet comes around. Not only that, but Moore is a smarter player, a better pk guy, is faster, and plays a better game. I think he'd mesh better with Betts and someone else (Greg Moore or Dane Byers preferrably, over Orr).
That's the ticket, let's become even less physical, that will solve our problems.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2007, 08:07 AM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by la cosa nostra View Post
I heard Somers after the game and felt that he was just joking about the Islanders victory. Captain Midnight is constantly making fun of the Isles and is just trying to insight a little playful controversy. That's all...it's no big deal. Just schmoozey being schmoozey...

He's the best on WFAN...and this is coming from an Islander fan.

Seriously unless you listen to Steve all the time you might not understand. I didn't hear him talking about this but I wouldn't be suprised if it was more sarcastic banter. That's what this guy does. He's a diehard Rangers fan and doesn't hide that fact. His whole deal is being sarcastic and trying to rev up Islander, Devil, and especially Yankee fans. If he really thinks he saw something (in this case I don't know what he could be talking about) he's a pretty honest guy who's not going to make something up unless he's joking about it.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2007, 08:09 AM
War Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
Seriously unless you listen to Steve all the time you might not understand. I didn't hear him talking about this but I wouldn't be suprised if it was more sarcastic banter. That's what this guy does. He's a diehard Rangers fan and doesn't hide that fact. His whole deal is being sarcastic and trying to rev up Islander, Devil, and especially Yankee fans. If he really thinks he saw something (in this case I don't know what he could be talking about) he's a pretty honest guy who's not going to make something up unless he's joking about it.
Exactly. My take was complete sarcasm.

War Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2007, 08:16 AM
Ola

Jagr scored a goal last season away against Philly I think, in the 3rd, that wasn't noticed. During the commercial break in NA they ran a replay back and forth that we could see over in Sweden, where you could see a shot that first looked like it was saved by Esche actually went through the 5-hole and out again. They didn't show it once again after the commercials.

Very strange indeed, though we where leading like 5-1, maybe they didn't want to start a controversy when there was nothing on the line...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2007, 11:04 AM
Cartman27

Send a message via AIM to Cartman27
Why did an Islander fan start this thread? To get other Islander fans over hear to bash Steve Sommers? Who cares what he says, lol...... Any hockey on WFAN is instantly taken with a grain of salt or not taken at all. The Islanders won, isnt that enough? lol

Cartman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2007, 01:46 PM
GilliesGirlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman27 View Post
Why did an Islander fan start this thread? To get other Islander fans over hear to bash Steve Sommers? Who cares what he says, lol...... Any hockey on WFAN is instantly taken with a grain of salt or not taken at all. The Islanders won, isnt that enough? lol
You know what bothers me though? I don't think I have seen this person post on the Isles board (So I did a little checking, and this person does post on the Isles side still no reason to post this on the Rangers board)

Although, Trent Hunter's goal at first look like it hit the crossbar, even the VS commentators said that but upon replay it was clear it was a goal.

I don't know, I always get a laugh when I hear about Steve "The Sweater" Sommers.

Last edited by GilliesGirlie: 11-09-2007 at 01:59 PM. Reason: cause I can
GilliesGirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Blueshirt Brawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipietro39 View Post
Steve Summers and WFAN complained tuesday night that a couple of the isles goals should not have counted due to a kick in and one that hit the crossbar?? First time i heard this and was wondering what you guys thought.

I love Somers but he has no idea what he's talking about there. I didn't see a goal that was "kicked" in. If anything the shots that went in were a couple of the best shots that I've seen all year. Trent Hunter's goal was exceptional and Satan's was a thing of beauty as well. You can't fault Henrik on any of those.

Blueshirt Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote