Anaheim signs Curtis Glencross

....Leaves early from UAA

http://www.adn.com/sports/story/4887215p-4822751c.html

Old
03-25-2004, 01:16 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

vCash: 500
He sounds like a decent player. If he has a good camp next year, he could replace Severson on the 4th line.

Old
03-25-2004, 01:53 PM
Harry

Good to see. A couple of years ago this kid was off the radar but he busted his butt and it paid off. Hope he has a good camp.

Old
03-25-2004, 03:11 PM
soya_sauce_chicken

Quote:
Glencross, who grew nearly a foot when he was 15 and 16, and is now a wiry, 6-foot-1, 180-pounder, said coming to UAA was the best decision he ever made.
kinda lanky isn't he?
i don't think he will replace severson.. he will probably be playing with cincy for a year to bulk up..

Old
03-25-2004, 03:40 PM
cheesymc

Send a message via AIM to cheesymc
I think its nice to know BM is willing to spend for a college player with some talent every year.

This guy might not be a superstar, but he has a chance to be a good forechecker.

Hopefully Kunitz performs better next yr to justify these college signings. The ducks havent hit the jackpot yet, but hopefully they get a Reinpret(cant spell it) or a Madden type player soon

Old
03-25-2004, 04:09 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

I put a quick article up about it

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

Old
03-26-2004, 12:56 AM
Jshibley

Send a message via AIM to Jshibley Send a message via Yahoo to Jshibley
Quote:
Originally Posted by forbesy
Nice article.....a d-man would have been better......but extra forward depth never hurt anybody.......

Old
03-26-2004, 11:03 AM
cheesymc

I wonder if there are any hulking dmen free agents in college right now. Ones that are even better than Erksine?

Does anyone know of any?

Old
03-26-2004, 12:51 PM
bostonbruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksflytogether
He sounds like a decent player. If he has a good camp next year, he could replace Severson on the 4th line.
Curtis will defienetly become a fan favorite wherever he plays. As for talent I think he was better than Kunitz. Curtis reminds me alot of Marty LaPointe in Boston. Cincy will defiently be alot more physical when Curtis hits the ice

Old
03-26-2004, 12:51 PM
Kick Save

"Hulking" D-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesymc
I wonder if there are any hulking dmen free agents in college right now. Ones that are even better than Erksine?

Does anyone know of any?
Wes O'Neill is in college (Notre Dame), but I believe he will make himself eligible for this year's entry draft. Valibek (Slovakian playing Canadian Juniors) also meets the description of a "hulking dman" and supposedly has a bit of a nasty streak to boot.

Someone else may know more about college free agents---but either of these guys would be a nice addition.

As for the comment that I believe you made about hoping that Kunitz starts performing in order to justify these college free agent signings, bear in mind that the guy who "found" Glencross for the Ducks, Peter McNab, also is responsible for the signing of Andy McDonald. He has a pretty good eye for talent. (And before anyone jumps down my throat because Andy Mac is "soft", I'm not comparing Glencross to McDonald. Glencross has power forward written all over him.)

Old
03-26-2004, 01:21 PM
Lyons71

McDonald isn't soft, he's just real small.

Old
03-26-2004, 01:34 PM
cheesymc

I agree Andy isnt soft, i think he just needs a tougher team. hes a guy who wont back down, but he doesnt fight. Hes definitely is willing to throw is little body around.

I like how these college guys have good character and skills to boot.
Each of those college players were top college players.

Old
03-26-2004, 04:11 PM
Chistov23

Sounds like an energy type player that gives it his all every night, a player the ducks could really use if he can throw some solid checks. It will be interesting how he does at camp next year but as kunitz realized this year it won't be an easy transition.

Old
03-26-2004, 04:18 PM
cheesymc

The guy seems extremely slim though. Isnt he listed at 180-190. I doubt that he could make the team next unless he turns out to be an overachiever or a 4rth liner.

But hearing that he has knocked the shizzel out of alot of players sound really good to me. Hopefully hes a skilled fighter because if he does make the ducks, hes gonna have to fend for himself.

Old
03-26-2004, 05:09 PM
mmbt
Cheeky Monkey

Quote:
The guy seems extremely slim though. Isnt he listed at 180-190. I doubt that he could make the team next unless he turns out to be an overachiever or a 4rth liner.
I suppose he'll have to add weight, and he is only 21, so there's no real rush.

OTOH, glancing at a few rosters around the league, there's a lot of little wrecking ball types who aren't all that big either. Grit has always been more about attitude than size.

Quote:
But hearing that he has knocked the shizzel out of alot of players sound really good to me. Hopefully hes a skilled fighter because if he does make the ducks, hes gonna have to fend for himself.
Murray seems to have made a concerted effort to make the Ducks tougher in the time he's been here. I'm sure that'll continue, and we might very well have a real enforcer by next year.

Old
03-26-2004, 07:24 PM
bostonbruins

Quote:

Curtis probably wont get a whole lot bigger. When I first saw him 2 years ago I remember telling my friend that there was no way he was gonna be as big of a hitter as his scouting report said he just didnt seem to have the size but now 2 years later he defienatly proved me wrong. I think he has a good chance to become a third or fourth line winger in the NHL within the next two years if his game keeps progressing the way it was at UAA. Does anyone know when he is expected to make his Cincy debut?

Old
03-27-2004, 01:28 AM
Randall Graves*

Hopefully Glencross can turn out to be a Tomas Holmstrom type of guy in the offensive end.

Old
03-27-2004, 01:38 AM
mmbt
Cheeky Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonbruins
Does anyone know when he is expected to make his Cincy debut?
Next game is Sunday night. Dunno if he'll play, but he's already listed on the Cincy web site roster, with jersey #20.

Old
03-27-2004, 04:08 AM
cheesymc

i can only dream of a bigger version of a brendan morrow

Old
03-27-2004, 02:38 PM
lux_interior

Quote: