HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: BJs @ Preds -11.10.07(sleeping is overated edition)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-12-2007, 01:11 AM
  #26
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime
 
sparkle twin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Hendersonville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,900
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Great job by Mason in the shootout. If Foote's shot had bounced back into the goal it wouldn't have counted, right? Because that have been like a rebound shot?

Tootoo was good. Didn't get suckered into anything. And a goal!

Someday Suter and/or Hamhuis are going to give us a real heartattack. Why, when we're on the PP do they play with the puck behind the net and make stupid decisions that get the puck picked off when Rick Nash is standing right there next to Mason?

I would love to see Klein back in the lineup. They keep saying he didn't play well but I thought he did alright. And certainly some of the current guys are playing worse than Klein did.

Yea for 2 points! But definitely going to have to play better on Monday.




Why does there always have to be a few aholes fans of the other team? If they want to cheer when their team scores, fine do it, enjoy it. But don't turn around pointing to the crest on your jersey and yelling at the home fans when you're team is losing. Idiots.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2007, 01:28 AM
  #27
Jarnberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
Why does there always have to be a few aholes fans of the other team? If they want to cheer when their team scores, fine do it, enjoy it. But don't turn around pointing to the crest on your jersey and yelling at the home fans when you're team is losing. Idiots.
I guess we should give them some slack, they haven't had much to cheer about, in, oh about, wait, their whole existence.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2007, 02:40 PM
  #28
hashmarks
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
I hate to break it to Hitch but at this point, Nashville is every bit the team that Columbus is. And we are doing it without our best player on the blueline all while overcoming the worst goaltending slump the club as ever faced.

Columbus has had an unsustainably high level of goaltending quality from their starting goalie while Nashville, up until about a week ago, had an unsustainable level of low quality goaltending from their starting goalie.

Despite Columbus getting what might be the best goaltending they can ever expect to see from their starter and the polar opposite happening in Nashville, the Preds are only two overtime loss points back.

As a Bluejackets fan, you have to wonder what it'll take to finish second in the Central. The BJs have the talent to beat out the Preds, but their fanbase shouldn't be surprised if the Preds finish well ahead of them once again.

Edit: I should couch these comments by saying that I've been very impressed with the BJs this year, and think they have a legitimate shot at being a playoff team. I just don't feel that claiming overt superiority over any team in the Central right now is justifiable by any team outside of Michigan. And it's especially befuddling coming from their head coach who should know better.
http://www.columbusdispatch.com/live...O.html?sid=101

Quote:
"Nashville and Columbus becomes a rivalry again when we start taking points off them," he said. "Otherwise, it's just big brother beating up on little brother."
He knows exactly where the jackets have been vs. the Preds. He isn't looking down or feeling superior to anyone.

Quote:
"We've got to prove we can move up to their level," Hitchcock said.
Other than the first 10 minutes and the two soft goals let in by Noreena, the jackets SHOULD have won that game. They dominated the Preds for the majority of the night.

Hitchcock is well aware where his teams holes are and how hard they have to work, but he is also allowed to say that his team needs to start taking points from Nashville if they want to do anything in the conference. He hasn't taken any type of superiority stance in any regard. You are misreading it if that is what you think he is saying. He DOES know better.


Last edited by hashmarks: 11-12-2007 at 02:47 PM.
hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2007, 02:43 PM
  #29
hashmarks
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
Great job by Mason in the shootout. If Foote's shot had bounced back into the goal it wouldn't have counted, right? Because that have been like a rebound shot?
Yes, it would have counted. It wouldn't have counted if Foote had come back and batted it in. Bouncing around and a rebound are different.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2007, 03:08 PM
  #30
JrussJacket
Registered User
 
JrussJacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: OH-IO
Country: United States
Posts: 1,306
vCash: 500
I thought once the puck hits the cross bar and bounces back it a dead puck. I dont think It would have counted.

EDIT: just looked it up. 25.2 NHL rules states it would have counted. No rebounds will count (exception being off the cross bar and off the goalie and in). Should have never doubted you Willen


Last edited by JrussJacket: 11-12-2007 at 03:16 PM.
JrussJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2007, 03:41 PM
  #31
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chattanooga TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by willien View Post
http://www.columbusdispatch.com/live/content/bluejackets/stories/2007/11/10/jackets_notes10.ART_ART_11-10-07_C12_2C8E9NO.html?sid=101



He knows exactly where the jackets have been vs. the Preds. He isn't looking down or feeling superior to anyone.



Other than the first 10 minutes and the two soft goals let in by Noreena, the jackets SHOULD have won that game. They dominated the Preds for the majority of the night.

Hitchcock is well aware where his teams holes are and how hard they have to work, but he is also allowed to say that his team needs to start taking points from Nashville if they want to do anything in the conference. He hasn't taken any type of superiority stance in any regard. You are misreading it if that is what you think he is saying. He DOES know better.
You do realize that once a team gets a 2 goal lead.....the game-flow/strategy often significantly changes (despite what coaches will sometimes tell you about wanting to continue to attack.......they contradict their comments by telling their boys to play a more defensive oriented-system). This isn't the first time that a team that was down by 2 goals, started to control the offensive flow of the game......most of that is due to their reckless abandon to get back into it......some of it is due to the caution displayed by the other team in trying to protect the lead.

__________________
- Enoch -
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2007, 04:06 PM
  #32
volzok
Registered User
 
volzok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by willien View Post
Other than the first 10 minutes and the two soft goals let in by Noreena, the jackets SHOULD have won that game. They dominated the Preds for the majority of the night.
I don't agree with saying they SHOULD have won the game. You get what you earn. The Preds deserved a point against Detroit and Columbus deserved a point Saturday. The beginning of your statement proves it. Just possessing and shooting the puck doesn't qualify dominating. If it did, the Preds would have sucked last year. They were consistently out-shot but still had one of the better records in the league.

volzok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2007, 05:44 PM
  #33
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 17,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
You do realize that once a team gets a 2 goal lead.....the game-flow/strategy often significantly changes (despite what coaches will sometimes tell you about wanting to continue to attack.......they contradict their comments by telling their boys to play a more defensive oriented-system). This isn't the first time that a team that was down by 2 goals, started to control the offensive flow of the game......most of that is due to their reckless abandon to get back into it......some of it is due to the caution displayed by the other team in trying to protect the lead.
Exactly. If the Preds don't jump out to a 2 goal lead they play different, as does CBJ, playing from behind gives that extra motivation and makes you take a few more chances offensively.

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2007, 10:42 PM
  #34
SmokeyClause
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Country: Cuba
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by willien View Post
You are misreading it if that is what you think he is saying.
I'm not going to respond to the rest of your post as it has been handled well by the others on here.

As for the quoted portion above...

I could be misreading it. Of course, so could you. There are multiple ways to interpret what he said, but the vast majority of people are going to interpret it the way I did including the original poster and several to follow.

What he said 24 hours before the game don't really change my view on what he said directly after. In one moment, he could be just trying to be p.c. and employ coachspeak to feed the media (how often does a coach do anything other than praise an opponent pre-game). In the other, he's heated and frustrated and just says what he thinks.

Coaches tend to say all the right things before the game (they are a good team. we need to work to be on their level. so and so is an all-star). Coaches tend to be much less careful with their words afterward (we should have won. we can't be losing to teams like this)

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2007, 10:23 AM
  #35
hashmarks
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
I'm not going to respond to the rest of your post as it has been handled well by the others on here.

As for the quoted portion above...

I could be misreading it. Of course, so could you. There are multiple ways to interpret what he said, but the vast majority of people are going to interpret it the way I did including the original poster and several to follow.

What he said 24 hours before the game don't really change my view on what he said directly after. In one moment, he could be just trying to be p.c. and employ coachspeak to feed the media (how often does a coach do anything other than praise an opponent pre-game). In the other, he's heated and frustrated and just says what he thinks.

Coaches tend to say all the right things before the game (they are a good team. we need to work to be on their level. so and so is an all-star). Coaches tend to be much less careful with their words afterward (we should have won. we can't be losing to teams like this)
Watching Hitch's press conferences after every game win or lose, he gives the other team loads of credit. Not smoke, tangible credit.

He felt like they should have won the game vs. Nashville the other night, and I agree with him. The jackets flat out should have lost the game in Columbus vs. Nashville because they were terrible.

It is okay to actually call it as you see it win or lose.

Other than the first 10 minutes in Nashville where they were handed to 5 on 3's, the jackets dominated the 5 on 5 play. Trotz is a smart enough coach to know that they can't afford to go into a defensive shell with a two goal lead this day and age. Call it a change in gameplan or whatever, it doesn't change the fact that they were dominated and if not for the two soft goals allowed by Noreena, the jackets win that game.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2007, 12:37 PM
  #36
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by willien View Post
Watching Hitch's press conferences after every game win or lose, he gives the other team loads of credit. Not smoke, tangible credit.

He felt like they should have won the game vs. Nashville the other night, and I agree with him. The jackets flat out should have lost the game in Columbus vs. Nashville because they were terrible.

It is okay to actually call it as you see it win or lose.

Other than the first 10 minutes in Nashville where they were handed to 5 on 3's, the jackets dominated the 5 on 5 play. Trotz is a smart enough coach to know that they can't afford to go into a defensive shell with a two goal lead this day and age. Call it a change in gameplan or whatever, it doesn't change the fact that they were dominated and if not for the two soft goals allowed by Noreena, the jackets win that game.
and if not for the "terrible play" by the jackets in the second game, they should have won that one, too?

Here's one...

If not for the "terrible play" by the Predators in the first game...they should have won the game handedly.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2007, 01:31 PM
  #37
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 17,231
vCash: 500
or how about -

If the Predators players didn't get lazy after jumping out to quick lead in the first game they would have dominated both games

triggrman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2007, 03:05 PM
  #38
hashmarks
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
and if not for the "terrible play" by the jackets in the second game, they should have won that one, too?

Here's one...

If not for the "terrible play" by the Predators in the first game...they should have won the game handedly.
Just trying to clarify that Hitchock has no inclination of feeling superior to anyone. His quote was misinterpreted by the original poster plain and simple.

The jackets played better than the Preds that game and deserved a better fate is all Hitchcock was saying. I have provided evidence that Hitch doesn't for two seconds lose sight of the fact that they have yet to beat the preds in 10 games. Does he believe they can? Of course. Could he see that the jackets dominated the play for most of that game in Nashville? Anyone who cares to view it as it was will admit that.

No, teams don't always win games that they 'should' have won, but you know as well as I do what point I am trying to make. I am sure you yourself have watched the Preds lose games that you felt they 'should' have won.

The jackets played like garbage the 2nd game and deserved to be beat.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2007, 03:06 PM
  #39
hashmarks
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
or how about -

If the Predators players didn't get lazy after jumping out to quick lead in the first game they would have dominated both games
But they did, didn't they? They were dominated. The jackets deserved a better fate that night. Deny it all you want, but you know it is the truth.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2007, 03:29 PM
  #40
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chattanooga TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by willien View Post
But they did, didn't they? They were dominated. The jackets deserved a better fate that night. Deny it all you want, but you know it is the truth.
Not really. If you give up 2 goals in the first 10 minutes, odds are you are going to lose. This is what happened. You can sugar coat it with the play after those 2 goals, but in the end, it comes down to this: We came out quick, scored the goals, took the Jackets out of their system, and won the game. Yeah we didn't play well after we had the 2 goal lead......but then again, WE HAD A 2 GOAL LEAD. You simply cannot overlook that.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2007, 04:34 PM
  #41
irisheyes555
Registered User
 
irisheyes555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: State of confusion
Country: Ireland
Posts: 895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Not really. If you give up 2 goals in the first 10 minutes, odds are you are going to lose. This is what happened. You can sugar coat it with the play after those 2 goals, but in the end, it comes down to this: We came out quick, scored the goals, took the Jackets out of their system, and won the game. Yeah we didn't play well after we had the 2 goal lead......but then again, WE HAD A 2 GOAL LEAD. You simply cannot overlook that.
played better(or not as bad depending on how you look at it) than dallas who gave up 5 goals in the last 7+ mins of the 3rd so they could lose in OT. yes they dominated the first 2.5 periods and see where that got them. you have got to finish.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.