HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avalanche- Red Wings, Part Deux

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2004, 03:50 PM
Howard35

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Howard35
Dats......... Ohhhhhhhhhhhh What A Goal...... Wow!

2-0 Detroit

Boo Ya Baby!

Old
03-27-2004, 03:55 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Woot, Yzerman all over Forsberg, people blocking shots and Schneider with a huge shot. Wings are looking good.

Old
03-27-2004, 04:00 PM
Howard35

all im going to say is, if grigs comes in and is close or as good as zets and dats are... we are set for years!

these 2 kids are completely unbelieveable... ME LOVE IT!!

what a great game too

Old
03-27-2004, 04:04 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40
all im going to say is, if grigs comes in and is close or as good as zets and dats are... we are set for years!

these 2 kids are completely unbelieveable... ME LOVE IT!!

what a great game too
Agreed, it sucks because I don't get to see many games on TV, but both Dats and Zets today have looked solid and working very hard.

Old
03-27-2004, 04:20 PM
Howard35

ITZ OVERRR!!!!! YEA!

Great 2-0 win... we played awesome, hatcher was physical, our defense was awesome, manny was completely amazing like usual... schneids and dats were great and had nice goals... we'z tight....

Old
03-27-2004, 04:21 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Sweet game too bad I only caught the third period. Manny is the man. Dats goal, just amazing the way he started that play out, passed to Hull then went in front of the net, got thet puck and put it in the net.

Old
03-27-2004, 04:23 PM
Howard35

u missed schneids goal... 1 timer from lids, it was amazing as well... completely riffled that thing in... eww it was sick!

Old
03-27-2004, 04:23 PM
Higgy4

Great team effort!!!!

Old
03-27-2004, 04:28 PM
Boomhower

Fischer was rock solid all game long.... If Fischer can elevate his game to that level consistantly Detroit is going to have the best defense core in the league come playoffs, unquestionably!

Aside from Hull who was still a little lazy, I thought the whole team competed hard today.... not too many guys just along for the ride.

And while reports are Cujo may be able to open the playoffs after all, I don't think anyone cares Manny's got to be the guy! He's been better all year and with these two great performances how can Lewis "hand it" to Cujo, when Legace has earned it.

Old
03-27-2004, 04:28 PM
Spitfire11

I've got no complaints, everyone played awesome , Fischer was back to playing his kind of game. Great game by the Wings.

Old
03-27-2004, 04:48 PM
SlavaKozlov

Also Datsyuk now has a, what, 4 game goal streak going on? People doubted he would even get 20 goals a year, and now he has 29, and is only 4 points from 70 points (and a bonus) with 4 games to do it. I am thinking he will get it, because he is REALLY on fire. I didn't catch the game, but I recorded it!

Old
03-27-2004, 04:53 PM
winged wheel

What a great defensive effort . That's probably the best team defense that Detroit has played all year. Sakic and Forsberg were completely shut down. Nice to see a defensive effort like that without Draper playing. It was great to see a little more offense today also.
It was funny to see Barnaby go after Fischer and try and get him to fight and then when Fischer drops the glove he runs away

Old
03-27-2004, 05:23 PM
Shoalzie

Much better performance by the team today...Legace was stellar once again. The Avs are picking a bad time to be in a slump.

Old
03-27-2004, 05:35 PM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhower
Fischer was rock solid all game long.... If Fischer can elevate his game to that level consistantly Detroit is going to have the best defense core in the league come playoffs, unquestionably!

Fischer was really good today. Played a very physical game and looked smooth with the puck. I would have loved to see him pummell Barnaby. But...maybe some other day.

Old
03-27-2004, 05:56 PM
Spitfire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy4
Fischer was really good today. I would have loved to see him pummell Barnaby. But...maybe some other day.
He should have known Barnaby wouldn't fight with his eye all messed up, but it was still nice to see that he wanted to go. He was getting into scums, plastering Avalanche players against the boards, and made a few nice passes, especially near the end of the 3rd to set up a 2-on-1.

Old
03-27-2004, 07:04 PM
name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire11
He should have known Barnaby wouldn't fight with his eye all messed up, but it was still nice to see that he wanted to go. He was getting into scums, plastering Avalanche players against the boards, and made a few nice passes, especially near the end of the 3rd to set up a 2-on-1.
To Fischer's credit, I'm not so sure he had time to think about the status of Barnaby's eye or that he even knew it was Barnaby. Barnaby came up behind him and started crosschecking him in the back.. Fischer got pissed off, turned around, and dropped them pretty quickly. It was a low move by Barnaby to not drop as well after the goading he did, but I have to give him credit for doing what it took to draw a penalty. Sometimes you have to wonder what the hell the refs are thinking giving Fischer a penalty in that situation. It's Barnaby's signature move, you'd think they'd know it by now. Same goes for Maltby btw, not tryin' to be a homer here or even complaining, just an observation.

Giving a little more credit to Barnaby, it made me wince when they showed the replay of Hatcher driving his face into the boards. Ouch.. If nothing else, he's got guts.

On a totally different note, and I know this has been said plenty, but wow, Zetterberg has been an absolute beast lately. I feel very comfortable with him on the ice in *any* situation and I loved the Zetterberg, McCarty, Maltby line used in response to Forsberg and Sakic together. Throw the Schneider and Lidstrom pairing back on D and you've got a real brick wall out there on the ice ( a brick wall with teeth even ). I look forward to seeing if Zetterberg can step it up in the playoffs.

Old
03-27-2004, 08:39 PM
eXwing

Last time Wings had a 2-0 victory over Colorado in the last meeting between the two in the regular season was in 01/02...

Its just great to see Legace play this good - he should be the starter in the playoffs, he deserves it.

Old
03-27-2004, 09:06 PM
Coffey77

I only saw the third period but the Wings played much better than on Thursday. They gave no room for Forsberg and Sakic to move out there. Plus having Cummins and Bonvie ride shotgun doesn't help them much either

Datsyuk with 29 goals!!! Amazing. Who would have thought he would get that many and lead the team in goals. I sure didn't.

Old
03-28-2004, 02:09 AM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
I think Pasha has exceeded everyone's expectations...except mine...I always had faith in him.

Even if he doesn't get the 70 points (which is really unlikely), I still think he has an awful lot to be proud of.

Closed Thread