HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Heritage Classic DVD

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2004, 06:24 PM
Tricolore#20

vCash: 500
Heritage Classic DVD

Has anyone picked this up? It was released today, and I think we can get it at United Cycle/Champions.

If anyone bought it, please gives us your reviews!!!!!

Old
03-23-2004, 06:28 PM
Loweball

I just bought it today at A & B sound here in Victoria...$19.99. I almost ordered it last week online but there was that $10 shipping charge i wanted to avoid. it's 375 minutes, 2 DVD's so it will take a while to watch it. I will let you guys know!!

Old
03-27-2004, 04:55 PM
Loweball

I watched the DVD and I have to say it's excellent. For $20 you can't go wrong. You get both games, some cool behind the scenes stuff, interviews with old Oilers and their favorite moments, lots of clips from the glory days. I particularily liked Randy Gregg's favorite moment...pulling some kid out of the crowd to be the Oiler batboy at the annual softball game and then taking the kid on their team bus, dropping him off at home, and all the Oilers went into this kid's house to the surprise of his parents...cool story. And the trip over to Commonwealth on the bus with all the old Oilers. It looked like I was sent back in time. Seeing Gretz in that old vintage blue and orange jersey was simply amazing. Something I thought I would never see again.

Not to sound perverted, but Paulina is going to be a knockout like her mom. I somehow don't see her posing in Playboy like JJ though LOL....funny, last time we saw her was when Wayne retired and she was the little dorky girl in glasses..

The Legends Live show with Ron McLean was a waste of time. I would have hated to pay to see that. Nothing very interesting. example, Glenn Anderson tell some stupid story when the guys went duck hunting. The whole bit just seemed dumb. Just my opinion.

The Megastars game was great as we all know, especially Fuhr and Ranford. Would have been nice to see Gretz get one.

Once again, it showed what a class organization and city Edmonton is. This is a nice DVD to compliment the Ultimate Gretzky DVD. I would love to see the Boys on the Bus, and the second one, The Boys are Back, put on a DVD.

Ed

Old
03-27-2004, 06:22 PM
Tricolore#20

Sounds great. I think I'll pick it up soon, considering the price.

So it seems like it is mostly for Oiler fans hey? Mostly Oiler oldtimers talking, and most of the attention coming from an Oilers perspective. Is there much of a Montreal angle to the film?

Old
03-27-2004, 06:28 PM
IceDragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20
Sounds great. I think I'll pick it up soon, considering the price.

So it seems like it is mostly for Oiler fans hey? Mostly Oiler oldtimers talking, and most of the attention coming from an Oilers perspective. Is there much of a Montreal angle to the film?
I wonder if the Canadiens could market a version of the HC.
I think it would sell.
After all, their team(s) played too.
If I was a Habs fan, I'd buy it.

Old
03-28-2004, 01:18 PM
Loweball

There actually is quite a bit from the Canadien's side...before and after the game dressing room stuff (the real game), interviews with Canadiens, all the introductions, old footage when the Oilers knocked off the mighty Canadiens etc..I would say any Canadiens fan would love this DVD too. They call the Oilers "the team of the '80's " and the Canadiens "the team of all-time" all throughout.

Although I was a Flyer fan before the Oilers came into the league and hated the rival Canadiens, it was cool to see guys like Lafleur, Robinson, Lapointe, and Shutt lace them up again. Ken Dryden would have been nice to see. Think maybe he's put on a few too many now...then again Dave Hunter played.

Closed Thread