Burnett, Severson, and Ward

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2004, 02:20 PM
cheesymc

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cheesymc
Burnett, Severson, and Ward

What do you guys think of them? They are the only tough guys on the team. Cam seems to be doing decently with 3 goals in 27 games. Do you guys think they deserve a roster spot next yr? They are playing well as of late. Ward, Sever, and Burnett cant really match Brennan, Avery, Lappy, Cowan, Norton. But at least the Kings lost Brennan and Norton so that helps!

I think its funny how poor balancing Garrett "punching bag" Burnett can get the last laugh in his war with Parker. He losses every fight be Parker is out for the season.

Would it be weird if Norton Signed with the ducks? I think it would be pretty messed up for him.

Old
03-26-2004, 03:19 PM
soya_sauce_chicken

Burnett: he can't skate, he really can't fight, but still he fights.. i like that, problem is he is only really starting to play now.. maybe he knows he won't be back next year..
Severson: I really like, and would like to have back next year
Ward: Average player.. i could afford to loose him

Old
03-26-2004, 05:23 PM
Fighter
Soviet Duck

vCash: 692
If Ward go I would be more than happy. Crappy player, crappy fighter.

Old
03-26-2004, 06:00 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Burnett can stay. We've got no better enforcer, and the guy is paid less than every NHL player out there except Dave Lowry. No reason to cut him loose, unless we get a better enforcer. And even then, he can go down to Cincy. Apparently he's a fan favorite there(they had Burnett bobbleheads ready to go for this year) and he'd toughen them up.

Severson will stay. He has alot of energy and has scored more goals than Chistov. He can be an effective 4th liner next year.

Ward can leave whenever he wants. We need a 7th d-man, though, so untill we get one, he can stay.

Old
03-27-2004, 04:06 AM
cheesymc

How about Colton Orr or Marc Andre Roy as enforcers? I heard they are the best fighters in the AHL and Quebec juniors.

I think someone in the farm can be that 7-8 dman. Guys like Popo, Brookbank, Alen, Brandon Rodgers....

Im just worried about replacing Havelid.

Old
03-27-2004, 12:47 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesymc
How about Colton Orr or Marc Andre Roy as enforcers? I heard they are the best fighters in the AHL and Quebec juniors.

I think someone in the farm can be that 7-8 dman. Guys like Popo, Brookbank, Alen, Brandon Rodgers....

Im just worried about replacing Havelid.
Popo should be in the AHL untill he can solidify an NHL job. Then again, he could replace Havelid.

As for those two as enforcers, it wouldn't be a bad idea. The PBruins gave up Stock though, so they might want to hold onto Orr. Orr's a good fighter though, and he's not too shabby in other areas. Young too. Don't know much about Roy, but I heard he is one of the best in the Q. I think Vancouver has his rights.

Old
03-27-2004, 01:23 PM
Lyons71

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksflytogether
...Ward can leave whenever he wants. We need a 7th d-man, though, so untill we get one, he can stay.
I would rather have Alexei Smirnov as the Ducks' 7th Dman. Ward is terrible. (although I don't know who is worse in his own zone, Ward or Havelid?)

Severson is the hardest working Ducks player and I would hate for him to go.

Burnette played poor hockey for the majority of the season. The last 10 games that he's played, he has done very well. I don't mind him any more. He averages less than 4 minutes a game, least in the NHL. I would like for him to either play more or not play. It's a waste of a roster spot when our fourth line only plays a collective 15 minutes.

Old
03-27-2004, 02:24 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

I agree. Burnett has shown some ability, there is no reason to play him so sparingly, particularly with our "core" players underperforming. There aren't many times that Babcock annoys me but this is one.

Old
03-27-2004, 02:34 PM
lux_interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock Full Of Booger
I agree. Burnett has shown some ability, there is no reason to play him so sparingly, particularly with our "core" players underperforming. There aren't many times that Babcock annoys me but this is one.
CFOB pining for playing time for Burnett?

He has played a lot better lately. Shown some decent puck skills, and some good aggressive forechecking. Plus he doesn't take as many dumb penalties. He works well on a line with the two munchkins--McDonald and Krog. Strangely effective line.

Old
03-28-2004, 03:07 AM
duckjob

I agree as well. It seems like he has decided to play hockey a bit, rather than just focusing on trying to start a fit with somebody. He is a beast physicaly, and he seems to have suprised the opposing team and come close on many occasions. If he plays next season like he has the past month, I would love to have him back. I was a burnett hater most of the season too.

Old
03-29-2004, 12:57 AM
cheesymc

I have to admit that Burnett does sometimes show some puck skills. If he can work on his puck handling and shot, and his fighting balance he can be a decent player to have.

Smirnov is useless in the NHL right now since he changed positions. Theres no real need for him. He doesnt really provide anything.

Boston has Doull so maybe Coltin can be had for a low pick or someone the duck want to drop.

Closed Thread