HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Question regarding goalie stats in Yahoo leagues

Old
11-17-2007, 05:31 PM
The NHL Rant

vCash: 500
Question regarding goalie stats in Yahoo leagues

My league has a low minimum requirement for goalies (three games per week). I'm in a situation where there's no way I can win the wins category - but a good chance I'll win all the others (GA, S%, SO). I met already met my minimum when Luongo got his shutout loss (rare game). So what I did was bench Luongo for the next game (6-2 Minnesota) and plan to bench him on Sunday. The reason for this is I'll keep his 0.00 GAA and 1.000 S% factored in to my stats - since there's only one way he can go from perfect, and I'm not going to beat my opponent in the wins category. I figured that this was excellent tactics - but I have a nagging feeling about it.

Is it possible that the less a goalie is played, the less his stats count toward your total? So basically his perfect GAA and S% is weighted less in determining the overall... If that was the case I would be better off playing him. Anybody know?

The NHL Rant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2007, 06:54 PM
BeatsPerMinute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The NHL Rant View Post
My league has a low minimum requirement for goalies (three games per week). I'm in a situation where there's no way I can win the wins category - but a good chance I'll win all the others (GA, S%, SO). I met already met my minimum when Luongo got his shutout loss (rare game). So what I did was bench Luongo for the next game (6-2 Minnesota) and plan to bench him on Sunday. The reason for this is I'll keep his 0.00 GAA and 1.000 S% factored in to my stats - since there's only one way he can go from perfect, and I'm not going to beat my opponent in the wins category. I figured that this was excellent tactics - but I have a nagging feeling about it.

Is it possible that the less a goalie is played, the less his stats count toward your total? So basically his perfect GAA and S% is weighted less in determining the overall... If that was the case I would be better off playing him. Anybody know?
Your GAA is based on goals against your goalies for every 60 minutes they have played...combined. So if one of your goalies is pulled after 30 minutes and allowed 4 goals in that span and your other goalie got a shutout in 60 minutes, you have allowed a total of 4 goals in 90 minutes for a GAA of 2.66666.
Same goes for your S%....total goals to total shots on all your goalies.

You get the idea. If you bench your goalies for the rest of the week the stats will remain exactly the same and you should win S% and GAA, but you'll have lost W. Somtimes it's worth it.

BeatsPerMinute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2007, 07:32 PM
The NHL Rant

Thanks - I get it now.

The NHL Rant is offline   Reply With Quote