HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 goaltenders in Peoria

Old
10-13-2007, 05:26 PM
wildone26*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues View Post
The scoresheet will say that Peoria lost 2-1 to San Antonto, with Cash make 21 saves on 23 shots ... but the GWG raised some controversy when the referee called it a goal and the Rivermen protested to no avail.
What happened on the goal? It is unfortunate they lost a game they did not deserve to lose.

wildone26* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2007, 05:55 PM
fcpremix88

vCash: 602
Aren't ALL goals reviewed? Or was Magoo making an appearance at the AHL level?

fcpremix88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2007, 03:28 AM
In the Doghouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
riksman is now cleared to play for Färjestad. His old team got guarantees they wouldn't lose any money (signing money for Riksman) from the IIHA. RIksman will stay there until november. (all according to swedish press using direct quotes from Hakan loob.
Riksman had very rough start in Färjestad, he let in 5 goals in just 11 shots and was pulled after only 24 minutes as Färjestad lost to Frölunda 5-0.

In the Doghouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2007, 09:43 AM
Oltreconfine

Riksman came back from loan. In your opinion, what's happen now in Peoria? Will he have a place?

Oltreconfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2007, 10:23 AM
TK 421
Donut Squad

vCash: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oltreconfine View Post
Riksman came back from loan. In your opinion, what's happen now in Peoria? Will he have a place?
Schwarz is playing extremely well so he'd have to outplay Bacashihua.

TK 421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2007, 01:09 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Quote:
I hope he likes Alaska in November.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2007, 01:40 PM
TrustInJarmo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaphodBeeblebrox View Post
I hope he likes Alaska in November.
Don't bet on that just yet.

Jason is off to another shaky start, on top of his .885 Save% in Peoria last year.

Also I think this is a good move if they possibly bring Riksman into Peoria.

I think we all know Cash is not the future. (At least I really believed that all along).

But more impotantly, Schwarz has been playing great ever since there was another goalie besides Cash in the system (meaning Hannu). Remember, Marek stats last year were not that impressive. And if we get Riksman playing better than Cash, than maybe it will help raise Marek's game again.

I'm glad Marek isn't the "Number 1" goalie in the system any longer, like he has been called so many times since we drafted him in 2004. Because Schwarz seems to do better when he isn't "our number 1 guy" and not given to him on a silver platter.

Irish, what's the latest on Konstantin Barulin with Mytishi Khimik?? I love what I read about this kid...any chance he will come over any time soon?? I know he is only 23 and we have a goalie jam...but I would have no problem saying bye to Manny in a year and a half, Cash now, and Riksman if we had to...Just to give Barulin a true shot. I am worried we will lose him.

Last edited by TrustInJarmo*: 11-06-2007 at 01:45 PM.
TrustInJarmo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2007, 02:09 PM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
If Barulin ever comes over to North America, I would be shocked - especially with limits going into effect soon in the Russian SuperLeague on the number of foreign goaltenders. [I'll have to find a link later on that goes through the details.] He'll have a #1 job for life in Russia if he so chooses and be able to command a decent salary that's tax-free, and he won't have to fight in Peoria to establish himself as the future #1 in the organization.

11-06-2007, 03:48 PM
Oltreconfine

In your opinion is there a possibility that Riksman continues this season in Europe? I read that Jokerit have "rights" about Riksman in Europe, is it true?

Old
11-06-2007, 07:00 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

What are the odds of Reto Berra coming over in the future? According to JR, he was off to a hot start in the Swiss A league (6-0-3), what is competition like there?

Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2007, 01:03 AM
Blue Sur

Quote:
In your opinion is there a possibility that Riksman continues this season in Europe? I read that Jokerit have "rights" about Riksman in Europe, is it true?
While I don't have a link to present here, the latest transfer agreement between the NHL and the IIHF requires that a player with an NHL contract who returns to Europe go to the club with which he had an existing contract before moving to NA. Riksman's loan to Elitserien was possible as it wasn't a permanent move. Now if he were to leave the Blues, the only choice would be Jokerit, but they signed Jussi Markkanen in the summer, so not a particularly attractive option for him.

Blue Sur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2007, 06:22 AM
Oltreconfine

Thank you, I understood what you said. So the only possibility in Europe is an other loan (in case he wants to return in Europe, obviously)?

Last edited by Oltreconfine: 11-07-2007 at 06:27 AM.
Old
11-07-2007, 09:29 AM
execwrite

from pjstar.com

RIVER READINGS: The Rivermen got veteran goaltender Juuso Riksman back from Europe after the game. He is expected to be at practice this morning. ...

execwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 02:20 PM
General Veers

Cash was dealt to the Avs! I guess everyone just moves up a spot in the organization?

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 02:43 PM
pelts35.com

What's the story with Beckford-Tseu? The guy is clearly an elite ECHL goalie. Can he play at the AHL level?

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 03:46 PM
TrustInJarmo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
What's the story with Beckford-Tseu? The guy is clearly an elite ECHL goalie. Can he play at the AHL level?
Conisdering CBT has dominated the ECHL the last 3 seasons and has stunk it up every time he goes to the AHL in 05-06 and 06-07, I highly doubt he will be a legit option in the AHL. Especially if Riksman can get hot and do in Peoria what he did in the FNL.

Last edited by TrustInJarmo*: 11-08-2007 at 03:51 PM.
Old
11-08-2007, 04:15 PM
StLooFrenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVTEC View Post
Cash was dealt to the Avs! I guess everyone just moves up a spot in the organization?
I guess everyone stays a status with Riskman filling 'Cash's void.

I wish Jason well with his new team, except when he plays us, of course. It seemed to me by listening to his interviews, he was never happy about how he was handled here, even though most of his opportunities to shine were wasted by sub-par play.

StLooFrenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 05:05 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLooFrenchy View Post
I guess everyone stays a status with Riskman filling 'Cash's void.

I wish Jason well with his new team, except when he plays us, of course. It seemed to me by listening to his interviews, he was never happy about how he was handled here, even though most of his opportunities to shine were wasted by sub-par play.
his flashes of brilliance were overshadowed by the subpar play and while the defence in front of him was suspect for some of that subpar play eventually he needs to find a way to "be the guy" or the shuffle continues.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 05:51 PM
execwrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVTEC View Post
For "future considerations". How high could the draft pick be? Second rounder?

============================

UPDATE Terrible move if that's all they could get.

============================

DENVER - The Colorado Avalanche have acquired goaltender Jason Bacashihua from the St. Louis Blues in exchange for a conditional seventh-round pick in the 2008 NHL entry draft.

The Avs assigned Bacashihua to Lake Erie, the team's AHL affiliate in Cleveland.

Bacashihua, 25, had 3.17 goals-against average in four games with Peoria (AHL) this season. He is 7-17-4 with a 3.19 GAA and .897 save percentage in 38 career NHL games.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=222452&hubname=nhl

Old
11-08-2007, 06:47 PM
Habit AK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustInJarmo View Post
Conisdering CBT has dominated the ECHL the last 3 seasons and has stunk it up every time he goes to the AHL in 05-06 and 06-07, I highly doubt he will be a legit option in the AHL. Especially if Riksman can get hot and do in Peoria what he did in the FNL.
06-07

CBT: 2.72 GAA and .900 Sv%
Schwarz: 2.76 GAA and .899 Sv%

Was Schwarz stinking it up last season too?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm honestly asking. I didn't think goaltending was the issue in PEO last season.

Habit AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 07:08 PM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
No, Peoria was incredibly inconsistent last year. In spite of themselves, they could have made the playoffs last year and instead gave the spot away in the final week. I think there's a few 11-3 beatings at the hands of Chicago factored in there as well, and that never helps the goalie's stats.

Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 08:51 PM
TrustInJarmo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit AK View Post
06-07

CBT: 2.72 GAA and .900 Sv%
Schwarz: 2.76 GAA and .899 Sv%

Was Schwarz stinking it up last season too?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I'm honestly asking. I didn't think goaltending was the issue in PEO last season.
Yes, if you look at any of my past posts about Schwarz, I was calling him out about how much he stunk it up last season.

I also brought up those stats too...Yes, CBT and Cash had comparable numbers to Schwarz last year.

Other's here disagreed with me on Schwarz's play last year.

I saw almost a dozen games in person and Marek looked very shaky to me.

Though no doubt Marek is playing much better this year.

Last edited by TrustInJarmo*: 11-08-2007 at 09:11 PM.
Old
11-13-2007, 06:16 AM
execwrite

from pjstar.com

But the resounding theme both nights - and perhaps all season, when one steps back and looks at it - was Peoria's goaltending.

The Rivermen have just not been good enough between the pipes. Their .880 team saves percentage is third-worst in the 29-team AHL, ahead of only Grand Rapids (.872) and Quad City (.878).

Take away Hannu Toivonen's one-game conditioning stint while down from the Blues, and the rest of Peoria's goaltenders - Marek Schwarz, Juuso Riksman and the since-traded Jason Bacashihua - have a combined goals-against of 3.03 and a saves percentage of .845.

Read that again: .845.

Not good enough.

Riksman was a mess in his debut Saturday. Schwarz, an All-Star last season, is above-average most nights. But he's not making the take-away saves that change the course of games.

Old
11-13-2007, 08:26 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite
from pjstar.com

But the resounding theme both nights - and perhaps all season, when one steps back and looks at it - was Peoria's goaltending.

The Rivermen have just not been good enough between the pipes. Their .880 team saves percentage is third-worst in the 29-team AHL, ahead of only Grand Rapids (.872) and Quad City (.878).

Take away Hannu Toivonen's one-game conditioning stint while down from the Blues, and the rest of Peoria's goaltenders - Marek Schwarz, Juuso Riksman and the since-traded Jason Bacashihua - have a combined goals-against of 3.03 and a saves percentage of .845.

Read that again: .845.

Not good enough.

Riksman was a mess in his debut Saturday. Schwarz, an All-Star last season, is above-average most nights. But he's not making the take-away saves that change the course of games.
The team goals-against and save percentage stats are skewed by Riksman's pathetic 15.55 GAA and .500 save percentage (2 GA on 4 shots in 7:43 of one game). Riksman's performace can be excused -- somewhat -- by the fact that he had just come back from Sweden less than 72 hours before getting the start last Saturday vs. Rockford, and was still feeling the effects of jet lag per his coach.

Schwarz has had one poor outing so far this year, a 6-3 loss to Iowa last Friday.

Schwarz's numbers before that game:

6 GP, 338:21, 9 GA on 138 SA, 1.60 GAA, 0.935 save %, 3-0-0-2 record.

Schwarz's numbers after that game:

7 GP, 395:26, 15 GA on 163 SA, 2.28 GAA, 0.908 save %, 3-1-0-2 record.

Schwarz's current numbers, after relieving Riksman vs. Rockford and getting the OT win for the Rivermen:

8 GP, 449:15, 17 GA on 181 SA, 2.27 GAA, 0.906 save %, 4-1-0-2 record.

181 SA in 449:15 equates to 24.17 shots against per 60 minutes played. With such a low number of shots against, the difference between one goal against more or less is pronounced.

If a goalie stops 21 of 24 shots in a game, his save percentage is 0.875.

If a goalie stops 22 of 24 shots in a game, his save percentage is 0.917.

Bacashihua's poor numbers are irrelevant, since he is no longer a factor.

Schwarz's 2.28 GAA and .906 save percentage are both significant improvements over the 2.76 and 0.899 he posted last year -- a season in which he was an AHL All-Star.

Perspective, folks... perspective.

P_B

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2007, 09:29 AM
execwrite

Anchorage newspaper says CBT is headed to Peoria.

Schwarz is not playing well and Riksman got bombed in his only game.