HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

GDT: Coyotes @ Oilers - LAST home game!

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2004, 12:49 AM
Oi'll say!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
I'm almost 100% sure that if the Oilers win out they'll make the playoffs.. a lot of people are forgetting that Nashville still plays St. Louis one more time this season. Both teams can't get 2 points (worst case scenario is 2 points for one team and 1 point for the other) and thus 3 more wins for the Oilers secures a playoff spot. I'm going to go out on a limb here and make the claim that Chicago will beat Nashville in one of the two games they play.. they looked pretty good today with Munro in net and simply got killed by St. Louis' powerplay. I truly think Thibault is going to backstop them to one win out of the two games..
Yeah it's mathematically impossible for the Oilers to miss the playoffs if they win out provided their win against StL is in regulation.

If Nashville doesn't get two points vs StL then their max points are 92, and if StL doesn't get two against Nash and then get 0 points against us their max points are 92 as well.

Old
03-29-2004, 12:53 AM
The Rage

Quote:
I'm almost 100% sure that if the Oilers win out they'll make the playoffs.. a lot of people are forgetting that Nashville still plays St. Louis one more time this season. Both teams can't get 2 points (worst case scenario is 2 points for one team and 1 point for the other) and thus 3 more wins for the Oilers secures a playoff spot. I'm going to go out on a limb here and make the claim that Chicago will beat Nashville in one of the two games they play.. they looked pretty good today with Munro in net and simply got killed by St. Louis' powerplay. I truly think Thibault is going to backstop them to one win out of the two games..
Well, here is how I think things will play out (*knock wood*). Nasville probably get around 3 of 4 from Chicago. They will probably only get one of four from St.Louis and Colorado. That means that the Oilers will probably need only 3 points in their last three games (ie. .500 hockey) to make the playoffs. Not too difficult imo. Hopefully we win 2 of our next 3, which will almost assure us of the playofffs.

Old
03-29-2004, 09:38 AM
PineJockey

[QUOTE=IceDragoon]I swear, everytime I see this, I think "Here comes Shack".
[QUOTE]

Oh Man, that is a classic. I haven't heard that for years. I've been meaning to make a mix of 'hockey songs'. There are a tonne of them.

Old
03-29-2004, 10:42 AM
s7ark

Quote:
I was really impressed by that rush.. he just plain took off and blew by everyone. Was it just me or was Bergeron shooting the puck a lot harder today than he usually does?

I have noticed that too. He is just HAMMERING it. It's gotta be over 100 mph right now. I noticed it first a few games ago during the pregame warmup. His shot is crazy good right now?

I don't know what he has done to himself recently but he is skating and shooting like an old guy by the name of Coffey...

MA you rule. PLease keep this up.

And about the Rafalski comparisons? Right now he is looking more like a Neidermeyer... This kid is incredible...

Old
03-29-2004, 10:59 AM
Oilhitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark
I have noticed that too. He is just HAMMERING it. It's gotta be over 100 mph right now. I noticed it first a few games ago during the pregame warmup. His shot is crazy good right now?

I don't know what he has done to himself recently but he is skating and shooting like an old guy by the name of Coffey...

MA you rule. PLease keep this up.

And about the Rafalski comparisons? Right now he is looking more like a Neidermeyer... This kid is incredible...
I am a big fan of MAB. He has played outstanding since his last call-up.

Old
03-29-2004, 04:57 PM
zamboni

Aaah, I completely forgot about the Stl vs Nashville game before I posted that! That's a lot of hope right there. A Stl regulation loss or Nashville tie/OT loss would be great. Nashville win in OT = bad.

Old
03-29-2004, 05:46 PM
Tyrolean

This could be the last home game forever if they don't make the playoffs and the CBA forces contraction. Yes I am an optimist.

Old
03-29-2004, 05:49 PM
The Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrolean
This could be the last home game forever if they don't make the playoffs and the CBA forces contraction. Yes I am an optimist.
I don't see how a CBA will force contraction. Teams might fold during a lock-out, but I seriously doubt one of those teams will be the Oilers.

Closed Thread