HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hey BRF: You ready to concede on our bet?

Old
11-19-2007, 11:00 PM
bcrt2000

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
This is what I love. Once and for all, WHO FRIGGIN' CARES ABOUT WHAT HIS LAST NAME IS? I could care less if it is Hossa or Assoh. It makes no difference. Where oh where are you drawing your conclusion from? Please point it out to me. Where can you possibly find ANY type of evidence that would lead you to think that he is being judged by his last name. My bet is that you cannot find such information ANYWHERE. This is just the ability to use a crutch. NO ONE cares about his last name. Only about what he does on the ice.
We already know is strength isn't scoring goals at this stage, but strong play on the boards, puck possession, penalty killing, and setting up screens. Look at all of the posts in this thread just referring about his offensive ability:

Quote:
That very well may be, but unfortunately Hossa falls into the same category. He has the grand total of 2 assists more than Hollweg. All while playing on the top line with Jagr.
Quote:
He can't add scoring while playing with Jagr, why would he add any scoring playing with Betts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727 View Post
the hossa debate must drive people nuts. You can see the talent and the skill, but for some odd reason it just doesn't produce. However we all know he is defensively sound and does generate oppertunities and based on his size, is a good fit with jagr. Yet the problem is hes not producing numbers, so what do we do with him. Do we continue to wait and hope that it eventually comes as we have done so many times or is it time to move on?
Quote:
Hossa is not looking like he is going to get anywhere near the goals that we bet on. That beer is going to taste pretty good. It's just a shame that I will probably have to cede it to Bathgate, given the current state of my 'Skins.
We've been a winning team with Hossa, and he still is a fairly young guy as this is only his 3rd year as a full-time NHLer and he still has a year or two left before I think you can discount is Potential offensively (remember, hes coming off a knee injury which usually takes someone a season before they get back to normal). If you really want to focus on offense, be fair, Jagr and Drury are also having problems. But we're winning, and winning with Hossa in the lineup. I don't even care if he develops his offense at this point when hes been developing into a fine defensive player. When our strength this season is defense and our offense is struggling, we can't get rid of our defensive players and expect to win.

Last edited by bcrt2000: 11-19-2007 at 11:06 PM.
bcrt2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 11:04 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
Hossa's been a bust this year. After that stretch that he had last year, many thought that this year he'd be a beast. Instead, he's terrible. That coupled with Jagr being terrible, Straka being out, and no Nylander and you have a disaster.

WhipNash27 is online now   Reply With Quote