HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A team that is coming together/Fedor Tyutin appreciation thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-18-2007, 08:10 PM
  #26
Edge
Kris King's Ghost
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Amish Paradise
Country: United States
Posts: 13,890
vCash: 500
Perhaps, but he looks to be right on target for what he always looked like to me. A nice, solid, good second pairing guy.

At 24 going on 25 in the spring and with a few years under his belt, he seems to following the same arch as guys who turned into those type of players. Now that's not scripture by any stretch, but all in all, it's what I see.

Nothing wrong with that, depending on what you originally thought. Which gets me back to my original point about viewing Tyutin depending on how you originally projected him.

There are only so many top defenseman in the league, there's no insult in "only" being a very nice second pair guy.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2007, 08:16 PM
  #27
ECL
If it weren’t for me
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 82,492
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Edge, I actually see Tyutin developing into an Ohlund-esque player. A #2/3 defenseman. Not enough offense to be a #1, but a guy who can be on the top pairing.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
I still think there should be a section of people at MSG behind the visiting bench, in curly wigs, and dark rimmed glasses, calling themselves the Pidtophiles. - Zamboner
ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2007, 08:28 PM
  #28
Edge
Kris King's Ghost
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Amish Paradise
Country: United States
Posts: 13,890
vCash: 500
Possible.

I've always seen him/see him as a solid second pair guy who does a little of everything but doesn't necessarily dominate.

If all goes as plan, he could play that ideal role behind guy likes Sanguinetti and Staal.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2007, 08:51 PM
  #29
MidnightRanger
Registered User
 
MidnightRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 1,882
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5Vfig0u2-s"]

MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2007, 11:22 PM
  #30
albynomonk
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 72
vCash: 500
Tyutin only looks good out there because Girardi covers up his defensive shortcomings. Girardi could make McCabe look solid defensively.

albynomonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 06:13 AM
  #31
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by albynomonk View Post
Tyutin only looks good out there because Girardi covers up his defensive shortcomings. Girardi could make McCabe look solid defensively.
For real? This is not a joke?

__________________
DRAFTBUZZ HOCKEY
2016 NHL Draft Preview

FACEBOOK
TWITTER
Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 07:06 AM
  #32
Aris
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Staten Island
Country: Greece
Posts: 11
vCash: 500
I have to go with Edge on this one. I can't quote it all, but I def. Agree.

Aris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 11:02 AM
  #33
albynomonk
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 72
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
For real? This is not a joke?
Before Girardi, Tyutin was too scared to hit anyone because he was afraid he'd get beaten. He also was hesitating on EVERY SINGLE play, because he didn't know if he was doing the right thing.

After Girardi, he takes chances because he knows that Dan will cover for him when he messes up.

albynomonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 11:18 AM
  #34
HockeyBurd*
 
HockeyBurd*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by albynomonk View Post
Before Girardi, Tyutin was too scared to hit anyone because he was afraid he'd get beaten. He also was hesitating on EVERY SINGLE play, because he didn't know if he was doing the right thing.

After Girardi, he takes chances because he knows that Dan will cover for him when he messes up.
Tyutin was never scared to hit anyone. There was a time when he HAD to play a more conservative game. He was not hesitant on "every single play". He was conservative... because he had to be. He was young and he had his responsibilities in a very significant role. Any good defenseman on the planet is able to play a more aggressive game when you have such a solid defensive D-man next to you as Girardi is. That shouldn't be taken as an opportunity to slam his partner because it works both ways. Girardi has also been able to be more aggressive because Tyutin is there to "cover for him when he messes up". Neither has made more gaffs than the other. They have approximately the same number of giveaways.

Tyutin leads the team in blocked shots and hits. Give credit where it is due. You don't have to tear one guy down in order to build another guy up. Especially in this case when it's completely unnecessary.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 11:37 AM
  #35
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,000
vCash: 500
agreed, i think tyutin will be a second pairing guy here, but i think on other teams he could be a first liner.....although, if he and girardi keep improving together then they could easily be a #1 pairing, maybe without the offensive splash

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 11:39 AM
  #36
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 32,658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by albynomonk View Post
Before Girardi, Tyutin was too scared to hit anyone because he was afraid he'd get beaten. He also was hesitating on EVERY SINGLE play, because he didn't know if he was doing the right thing.

After Girardi, he takes chances because he knows that Dan will cover for him when he messes up.

Huh? Thats entirely wrong. Tyutin hit just as much last season, way before Girardi was paired up with him. And he was far from hesitating on EVERY SINGLE platy. Again he played solid before Girardi was his partner last season

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 11:41 AM
  #37
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
Also if anything, the last couple weeks or so...Girardi has been the one messing up more freq then Tyutin.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 12:33 PM
  #38
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 21,162
vCash: 500
Heres how i would compare the 2 games.

Girardi is a better first passer than Tyutin, but Tyutin is a better goal scorer than Girardi

Tyutin is more physical than Girardi, but Girardi has an excellent stick, makes poke and stick checks all over the ice.

Other than that, id say the 2 are nearly identical in playing style. They compliment each other perfectly.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 06:27 PM
  #39
albynomonk
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 72
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBurd View Post
Tyutin was never scared to hit anyone. There was a time when he HAD to play a more conservative game. He was not hesitant on "every single play".
Really? Because I seem to remember him throwing his last hipcheck on Crosby, and Crosby jumped over him and went in on a breakaway. That was his last attempt at a hipcheck last season. And yes, he WAS hesitating on every single play. That's why he was so terrible last year.

albynomonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 06:29 PM
  #40
albynomonk
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 72
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 51tyutin51 View Post
Also if anything, the last couple weeks or so...Girardi has been the one messing up more freq then Tyutin.
When Girardi "makes a mistake", it's usually because Tyutin has blown his coverage and Girardi is trying to cover multiple players to make up for it.

albynomonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 09:54 PM
  #41
HockeyBurd*
 
HockeyBurd*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by albynomonk View Post
Really? Because I seem to remember him throwing his last hipcheck on Crosby, and Crosby jumped over him and went in on a breakaway. That was his last attempt at a hipcheck last season. And yes, he WAS hesitating on every single play. That's why he was so terrible last year.
Oh is that why? Cause I was wondering about that. Thanks for breaking it down.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 11:50 AM
  #42
jake1970*
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 51tyutin51 View Post
How about it folks? How about it..

What a change we've seen with this kid, what maturity and what a transition from a safe defensive player to a steady top pairing two way defender. The guy has really emerged as one of our go to guys on our backline. Last season he was labeled as too soft and hesitant---> that has certainly changed this season, he is joining rushes going the other way and is timing them perfectly, this can be a lethal approach by us and would put other teams in shambles when our d-men join the rush like this. We have d-men with anmazing on ice instincts...girardi..tyutin..staal etc. Let me tell you, we now look like the buffalo team from 1-2 years ago that loved sending there d-men along w/ their offensive rushes. The only difference? We have a much better defensive game and a better goalie.

The NHL(other 29 teams) should take NOTICE- because the Rangers are a recipe that could and is beginning to be disastrous for them.
Tyutin is a good defensman. He is not a #1 pairing in my opinion. Who would you compare him to in the NHL that is a #1 guy? Girardi is outstanding and only going to get better - he is looking like a #1 guy. St6aal is shaky because he is a rookie but should be on the third pairing with Strudwick. Mara is better than Staal at this point and should be with Rozy. The D looks good right now.

jake1970* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 11:54 AM
  #43
jake1970*
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Depends on how you viewed him in the first place.

I think he's a good NHL defenseman, and he's about what I'd thought he'd be.

However, if you were one of those people who thought he was going to be a first pair guy (and the years have kind of dulled those screams around here), he's just not going to hit that level.

It's a tough call, from a skill standpoint Tyutin is capable of much more. But I think he is what he is at this point and that's a good solid NHL defenseman.
Finally - someone with a realistic analysis of Tyutin - a solid NHL defenseman - not a #1 stud.

jake1970* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 11:57 AM
  #44
ECL
If it weren’t for me
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 82,492
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by albynomonk View Post
Really? Because I seem to remember him throwing his last hipcheck on Crosby, and Crosby jumped over him and went in on a breakaway. That was his last attempt at a hipcheck last season. And yes, he WAS hesitating on every single play. That's why he was so terrible last year.
Tyutin was terrible last year? News to me. I guess I should've watched more than 80 or so regular season games and 10 playoff games to notice that!

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 12:00 PM
  #45
jake1970*
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 51tyutin51 View Post
There is no way I agree with that for a number of reasons. You say he isn't going to be a first pair guy but:

1. He is playing on the first pair and is getting top minutes by doing so.

2. His game hasn't hit its top potential just yet....proof of that would be his seasonal improvements. This year his shots per game avg his sky rocketed leading to a more offensive Tyutin, his hits have also sky rocketed leading to a much more physical Tyutin and he has matured much much more.
He is a #1 guy because the Rangers don't have a typical #1 defensman on the team. Tyutin is not a #1 guy - he is a solid #2 pairing. He is not a shut down guy, not a scorer, not a tough guy who will fight, not a scary hitter that scares players. Just face it - he is not a #1 guy and probably never will be - why is this so upsetting to people on this site?

jake1970* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 12:02 PM
  #46
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 32,658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake1970 View Post
Finally - someone with a realistic analysis of Tyutin - a solid NHL defenseman - not a #1 stud.
Who said he was a #1 stud?

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 12:02 PM
  #47
jake1970*
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 51tyutin51 View Post
There is no way I agree with that for a number of reasons. You say he isn't going to be a first pair guy but:

1. He is playing on the first pair and is getting top minutes by doing so.

2. His game hasn't hit its top potential just yet....proof of that would be his seasonal improvements. This year his shots per game avg his sky rocketed leading to a more offensive Tyutin, his hits have also sky rocketed leading to a much more physical Tyutin and he has matured much much more.
He is a #1 guy because the Rangers don't have a typical #1 defensman on the team. Tyutin is not a #1 guy - he is a solid #2 pairing. He is not a shut down guy, not a scorer, not a tough guy who will fight, not a scary hitter that scares players. Just face it - he is not a #1 guy and probably never will be - why is this so upsetting to people on this site?

jake1970* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 12:07 PM
  #48
jake1970*
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Who said he was a #1 stud?
There are many people on this site who call Tyutin a #1 guy right now - making him out to be a #1 stud - I am agreeing with the camp that says he is a solid NHL defensman - no more - no less.

jake1970* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 12:16 PM
  #49
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang
 
IslesFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 13,019
vCash: 500
I think you guys have a very good young d corps. Tyutin and Girardi are both # 3, #4 guys, and then you have the gem, Staal. He lloked very good last night. he seems to be coming into his own. I like that he has a mean streak in him. He is going to be very very good one day.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.