HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

3 goaltenders in Peoria

Old
11-20-2007, 08:44 AM
ChicagoBlues

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite View Post
Anchorage newspaper says CBT is headed to Peoria.

Schwarz is not playing well and Riksman got bombed in his only game.
And now he is headed back to Europe
What a lame ass.

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 08:55 AM
Chevy Cheveldae

Send a message via MSN to Chevy Cheveldae
Quote:
Juuso Riksman told us last week he wanted to come back and play for Peoria, so we dropped Jason Bacashihua to No. 3 on the depth chart and traded him to Colorado," St. Louis Blues director of pro scouting and Rivermen general manager Kevin McDonald said Sunday. "Then last night he told us he was going home. We want guys on this team who want to be here. Riksman will be suspended.
weird move by Riksman indeed

http://www.pjstar.com/stories/111907...VHEG6T.W02.php

Chevy Cheveldae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 10:02 AM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Also from that article:

Quote:
"I don't know where he's going to play. Jokerit (the Finnish team Riksman played for in 2006-07) holds his rights in Europe and does not need a goaltender. And we retain his NHL rights and control of him here."
Maybe we can trade Colorado their conditional 7th back for Cash if CBT can't step up and Schwarz can't get going again.

11-20-2007, 12:20 PM
concept*

Tellqvist is on waivers. I'd pick him up to split or backup the minors. I'm not comfortable with two NHL-calibre goaltenders and a prospect on a team with goaltending known for being injured. We have to keep in mind that both Legace and Toivonen have been injured in the past few seasons. I'd like to have a Tellqvist, who comes cheaply, as a third stringer.

concept* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 12:26 PM
TrustInJarmo*

Great news for Bishop next year. Hope he steps up to the challenge if he gets the chance.

Irish, you still think Barulin doesn't come over...even after the Blues losing 2 goalies?

TrustInJarmo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 12:45 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Barulin will come over if we guarantee him a spot on the NHL roster with a 1 way contract. So you do the math.

I'd be all for picking up Tellqvist, he's a decent young goalie. But I am pretty sure Phoenix waved Alex Auld and not Tellqvist.

I expect someone like Washington might take a stab at Auld before we get a shot.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 12:55 PM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

It was Auld and it appears he has cleared and been assigned to San Antonio.

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 12:57 PM
TrustInJarmo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaphodBeeblebrox View Post
Barulin will come over if we guarantee him a spot on the NHL roster with a 1 way contract. So you do the math..
Are you as confident in that as Riksman going to Alaska a few weeks ago?

I highly doubt Barulin comes over here as well...but I just wonder if losing 2 goalies in our system would even make Barulin think about. That's all I was asking.

Old
11-20-2007, 01:05 PM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustInJarmo View Post
Great news for Bishop next year. Hope he steps up to the challenge if he gets the chance.

Irish, you still think Barulin doesn't come over...even after the Blues losing 2 goalies?
Quote:
Barulin will come over if we guarantee him a spot on the NHL roster with a 1 way contract. So you do the math.
Quote:
I highly doubt Barulin comes over here as well...but I just wonder if losing 2 goalies in our system would even make Barulin think about. That's all I was asking.
Zaphod partially answered this. Unless he drops the, "guarantee me a spot" stance he had pre-lockout, no ... I don't think he'll come over. Russian teams won't be able to use foreign goalies starting in 2008-09 [or they'll be severely limited], which will open up more room for the native netminders. Barulin has talent, he's going to be in demand - and he's going to make good money as a result ... and it's all tax-free.

Take a virtually guaranteed tax-free $1 million in Russia for the next 10 years and be the #1 guy in net, or come to North America and have to ride the bus around the AHL making $70,300 for a year and maybe get a shot at the NHL with your salary capped at $900,600 for the first 3 years - and having to pay taxes on all of it? Hmmm ... not a difficult decision.

Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 01:07 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Quote:
Are you as confident in that as Riksman going to Alaska a few weeks ago?

Cash was traded to make room for Riksman. I'm as confident as any speculator who has no inside ties to the Blues organization or any of their prospects can be. I am taking my information from what I have read IB post in the past in regards to Barulin. Do I have to preface all of my posts with "I am guessing"? or can we all assume that it is there for anyone not officially or unofficially affiliated with an NHL team, scout or other source.

Old
11-20-2007, 01:17 PM
TrustInJarmo*

Quote:
Cash was traded to make room for Riksman. I'm as confident as any speculator who has no inside ties to the Blues organization or any of their prospects can be. I am taking my information from what I have read IB post in the past in regards to Barulin. Do I have to preface all of my posts with "I am guessing"? or can we all assume that it is there for anyone not officially or unofficially affiliated with an NHL team, scout or other source.
I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about what you said on page 2 of this thread when Riksman came over to America...you said, "I hope he enjoys Alaska."

No you don't have to say "I'm guessing" on your posts...But Zaphod, don't tell me "to do the math" on Barulin ONLY coming to America "only if he gets a #1 job in the NHL" like that will never ever change down the road. When you were so positive that Riksman was going to Alaska and Cash was staying in Peoria.

All I am saying is yes, odds are Barulin will never come over. But I just wanted to get Irish's take on if this will change Barulin's mind at all down the road with 2 more goalies out of our system.

Last edited by TrustInJarmo*: 11-20-2007 at 01:24 PM.
Old
11-20-2007, 01:22 PM
TrustInJarmo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues View Post
Zaphod partially answered this. Unless he drops the, "guarantee me a spot" stance he had pre-lockout, no ... I don't think he'll come over. Russian teams won't be able to use foreign goalies starting in 2008-09 [or they'll be severely limited], which will open up more room for the native netminders. Barulin has talent, he's going to be in demand - and he's going to make good money as a result ... and it's all tax-free.

Take a virtually guaranteed tax-free $1 million in Russia for the next 10 years and be the #1 guy in net, or come to North America and have to ride the bus around the AHL making $70,300 for a year and maybe get a shot at the NHL with your salary capped at $900,600 for the first 3 years - and having to pay taxes on all of it? Hmmm ... not a difficult decision.
Very well. Thanks Irish. Yeah, it makes sense if he is getting tax free money over in Russia. And riding the bus like you said.

I guess I am just "wishing" any changes in our system will change Barulin's mind.

Old
11-20-2007, 01:43 PM
concept*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AY View Post
It was Auld and it appears he has cleared and been assigned to San Antonio.
That's right; sorry about that. Either way, I would have liked to have picked up Auld as insurance.

concept* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 03:41 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Quote:
I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about what you said on page 2 of this thread when Riksman came over to America...you said, "I hope he enjoys Alaska."

No you don't have to say "I'm guessing" on your posts...But Zaphod, don't tell me "to do the math" on Barulin ONLY coming to America "only if he gets a #1 job in the NHL" like that will never ever change down the road. When you were so positive that Riksman was going to Alaska and Cash was staying in Peoria.

All I am saying is yes, odds are Barulin will never come over. But I just wanted to get Irish's take on if this will change Barulin's mind at all down the road with 2 more goalies out of our system.
Riksman played one game for the Riverman. I won't concede the point that he belonged in Alaska and wouldn't be surprised if he was told he was going down to Alaska thus his decision to head back to Europe.

If Cash were still in the system with the Blues, Riksman would be on his way to Alaska. JD decided to appease Riksman or appease Cash and traded Cash for a lottery ticket. A move we've been waiting for since the end of last season but were surprised when the return was as bad as it was.

Riksman plays one game in relief of Schwarz, gets bombed out of the building and what we know is that Riksman is on his way home and CBT, a tender we wrote out of our system is on his way to play backup to Schwarz.

I pay attention to much of what IB says and with the rules changing in Russia towards Russian goaltenders, I don't see why or how Barulin's stance would change. From what I've read from IB's comments on Barulin it has never been that the Blues have too much goaltending depth, its that he demands an NHL spot guaranteed with a 1-way contract. Losing Sanford, Cash and CBT from our depth chart has not changed that situation.

If you don't agree with my opinion, don't appreciate my opinion or just plain don't want to read what I write, there is an ignore button for a reason.

I don't predict the future, I comment as best I can on what the future holds. And I do it strictly as an armchair GM taking information I gleam from others on these boards, particularily I steal from IB liberally but never claim it is my own information.

what was I saying again? Oh yeah. Buy US Savings Bonds.

Old
11-20-2007, 05:28 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Dude relax. Brox is just talkin'. You're getting all bent out of shape about a comment on a hockey fan blog. You're acting like the Assistant District Attorney on Law and Order trying to prove some stupid case with old evidence.

So many people on these boards try to play some half-assed lawyer trying to use some sort off-the-cuff comment as evidence to make some bigger point.

Boring!!

I hope Riksman enjoys Alaska. Because for all intents and purposes, that's where he is. Cold and alone.

How sad?!!

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 08:35 PM
TrustInJarmo*

Sorry everyone if I come across like an Ass at times or most of the time.

I know I get way into this...and as my wife would say my passion for the Blues turns into anger at times.

Sorry.

Old
11-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:

I know I get way into this...and as my wife would say my passion for the Blues turns into anger at times.

Sorry.
In this, we are much alike, TIJ.

No harm, no foul, as far as I'm concerned.

P_B

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2007, 02:24 PM
Andre3000

Send a message via ICQ to Andre3000 Send a message via MSN to Andre3000
Does Beckford-Tseu have a Contract? Is he a restricted FA or UFA?

Andre3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2007, 03:05 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyze View Post
Does Beckford-Tseu have a Contract? Is he a restricted FA or UFA?
Didn't CBT sign a ONE-year 2-way AHL/ECHL contract with Peoria/Alaska?

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2007, 03:32 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Quote:

Sorry.
Hey TIJ, I know you and I butt heads more often than not but I appreciate the passion you put into your posts. And if I am talking out of my ass, I appreciate you'll call me on it.

Old
11-21-2007, 03:41 PM
Andre3000

Send a message via ICQ to Andre3000 Send a message via MSN to Andre3000
Thanks for the answer.

Do you have any sources?

Andre3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2007, 03:46 PM
TrustInJarmo*

Quote:
Hey TIJ, I know you and I butt heads more often than not but I appreciate the passion you put into your posts. And if I am talking out of my ass, I appreciate you'll call me on it.
Thanks Zaphod.

No you weren't talking out your ass. You were right. I just was in a bad mood on top of being to passionate yesterday.

There was no reason to call you out on that yesterday. Riksman is gone anyway.

Last edited by TrustInJarmo*: 11-21-2007 at 04:05 PM.
Old
11-21-2007, 05:08 PM
TK 421
Donut Squad

vCash: 758
Classy move from both of you, it's nice to see. On topic, I see Mareks had a bit of a slump in Peoria and I can't help but think about what TIJ said about him not playing well down the stretch last year. Thoughts anyone ? Specifically you TIJ, you seem to have good insight regarding goalies.

TK 421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2007, 06:26 PM
TrustInJarmo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK 421 View Post
Classy move from both of you, it's nice to see. On topic, I see Mareks had a bit of a slump in Peoria and I can't help but think about what TIJ said about him not playing well down the stretch last year. Thoughts anyone ? Specifically you TIJ, you seem to have good insight regarding goalies.
I will be honest TK, I haven't seen a game in person on or any tape of him this year.

He wasn't flat out terrible last year...but I did think he was very shaky in the games I saw. I talked to locals last year who would say "Marek was solid last game...hopefully he can do it tonight." Though every game I saw he was making stupid mistakes.

Out of position letting in some bad goals. Giving the puck up in his own zone. WAY TO MANY REBOUNDS (some that lead to big goals) was just some of the things I saw out of Marek.

Although maybe it was just a concidence and I saw "all" his bad games last year. Because like I said they were very high on his previous games.

Though I don't know if that is the same problem right now he is experiencing...wonder if anyone else has seen Schwarz in person this year??

Old
11-21-2007, 09:19 PM
execwrite

CBT is playing tonite.

from pjstar.com

- Schwarz has appeared in 10 games. He is 1-3-1 in his last five outings, with a 3.50 goals-against and an .844 saves percentage. In his first five outings of the season, he was 3-0-1 with a league-best 1.32 goals-against and .944 saves rate.

execwrite is offline   Reply With Quote