HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 11/19 NY Islanders @ New York Rangers

Old
11-20-2007, 11:23 AM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Truth be told, I never saw Avery's stick hit Sutton.
It was tough to see. They showed it like 5 times on the FSN feed before we were able to see it at home. It got Sutton in the corner of the eye.

Last edited by IslesFanatic: 11-20-2007 at 11:29 AM.
IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 11:23 AM
War Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
You know normally I might agree with you on this one however I seem to remember in the first game between these two teams (don't remember who exactly) Sutton targeting a Ranger's head. Last time around it was Prucha. He's a big guy running across the ice trying to nail someone with an elbow to the head. I've seen Hatcher do the same so he's not the only one. Here again he tried it with Avery and got walloped and deservedly so. Sometimes the best way to defend yourself is to turn the tables. I'm not claiming that Avery is some kind of an angel--I can only imagine what fans and players from other teams think of him--all I'm saying really is Sutton has been asking for it and needs to start aiming at hitting bodies instead of heads. It's only a little thing but a potential eye injury for him offset by two or three potential concussions for us is not good for anybody.
A voice of reason. Excellent post...agree on all points.

War Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 11:24 AM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
You don't want Tucker on your team, but you don't have a problem with Simon?

I didn't see any player on either team intentionally strike another in the head with a stick last night and neither did you.
Have to disagree. Avery defintiely went stick high on DP after he was hit by Feds. he didn't have to hit him under the mask with his stick. But, DP also didn't realize he was pushed into him. I think he may have reacted differenlty if he had. Maybe not though, knowing those two.

Last edited by IslesFanatic: 11-20-2007 at 11:29 AM.
Old
11-20-2007, 11:25 AM
nyscene

Quote:
Ahhh. I believe we only saw the high shot from the perch of the events leading up to the incident, so that would make sense. I mean, he got cut SOMEHOW.
You know, I heard the Isles' trainer was a big time fan of old-school WWF. You know, when they'd keep razor blades around to...oh wait,what was I saying? nevermind

nyscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 11:26 AM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowrunner View Post
Avery and Sutton are very different players. When you watch Avery, never do you get the feeling that he actually wants to injure someone; he talks crap, tries to draw penalties, takes minor cheapshots that will irk the hell out of you, but they will not kill or injure you. Whereas when you watch Sutton, you know the guy is actually trying to take your head off, ala Todd Marchant, Claude Lemieux, etc. Players like that are best given the taste of their own medicine before they intentionally end or cripple players' careers (just ask Paul Kariya).

Paul Kariya is just fine. His career was not ended.

Old
11-20-2007, 11:27 AM
Turambar

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFanatic View Post
Have to disagree. Avery defintiely went stick high on DP after he was hit by Feds. he didn't have to hit him under the mask with his stick.
don't be such a homer. Had Avery not been knocked down from behind by one of DP's own players, it never would've happened. You try controlling where your stick goes after getting knocked down from behind.

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 11:27 AM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
MSG had a camera on DP's left, down in the corner, that was pretty much focused on the incident. Not sure if it was the best angle, but it was well zoomed in and you could clearly make out both players sticks and their location.
I think he is talking about Avery/Sutton incident.

Old
11-20-2007, 11:29 AM
MTK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
I did not get to see many replays. I however never did see the stick hit his face.
They showed it on FSN and was directly hit his eye.They showed the replay a couple times. The 2 extra minutes b/c there was blood. The stick hit his eye by accident, they both got called for penalties.

See you guys on the 29th good luck

MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyscene View Post
I don't remember which angle it was, but the high-stick was actually before Sutton's elbow/interference on Avery. I know on FSN they were looking afterwards to figure out when it happened until they got the latter shot.
I saw this too. Avery's stick hit Sutton before the two mad contact. It was a legit penalty.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrJeff View Post
don't be such a homer. Had Avery not been knocked down from behind by one of DP's own players, it never would've happened. You try controlling where your stick goes after getting knocked down from behind.
thats what I've been saying, when you get cross checked from the back, you trying to not fall flat on your face, you can't control where your stick goes. it was a total accident.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 11:30 AM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
As I said he was pushed from behind by feds. but, he clearly knew what he was doing with his stick.

Old
11-20-2007, 11:30 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Have to disagree. Avery defintiely went stick high on DP after he was hit by Feds. he didn't have to hit him under the mask with his stick.
For some reason, I am drawing a blank on this play, so I shouldn't comment. Sounds like the play when Comrie stumbled to his feet after falling on a rush so that he could throw himself into Lundqvist though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyscene View Post
You know, I heard the Isles' trainer was a big time fan of old-school WWF. You know, when they'd keep razor blades around to...oh wait,what was I saying? nevermind
Just what I was thinking at the time.

Quote:
I think he is talking about Avery/Sutton incident.
As was I. This shot only shows the events from the elbow on though.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 11:31 AM
MTK

Quote:

That was not Avery's fault at all, he did get hit. Rickey just jabbed him b/c it was avery and you would think he did it on purpose and probably what happened from last years elbow incident. DP was the only one who got the penalty and it was correct.

MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 11:55 AM
In The Flesh

go watch the post game interviews on the on demand section on the rangers site http://newyorkrangers.com/

I could not stop laughing during jagr's interview, the way the guy gives interviews, hahaha

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 11:57 AM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
For some reason, I am drawing a blank on this play, so I shouldn't comment. Sounds like the play when Comrie stumbled to his feet after falling on a rush so that he could throw himself into Lundqvist though.

You are right. Obviously he did it on purpose. Maybe it was payback. Who knows though.
Just what I was thinking at the time.

As was I. This shot only shows the events from the elbow on though.

Old
11-20-2007, 11:57 AM
Melanson

These "accidents" sure seem to happen with Avery more than most players.

Also, to the poster who said I like having Simon on my team.....I don't after what he did.

Melanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 12:38 PM
94now

I don't make big deal out of that loss. Nolan is just a genius tactician. He trapped this time, while last time he run-n-gun us. Go figure... I guess Renney couldn't. Cause our came plan was crafted for the last game, not this one. Another evidence that players mean very little compare to coaches. Sometimes it is. I hope not all the time, cause we've got better players. 0-3 is depressing, though.
Another good coach we've got for tomorrow. Hopefully goalie is not up to his level.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Shadowrunner

Send a message via ICQ to Shadowrunner Send a message via AIM to Shadowrunner
Quote:
[/B]

Paul Kariya is just fine. His career was not ended.
I said ended or crippled. And Kariya was never the same after his injury. Instead of having a really great career that we all know he could've had, he became a solid 2nd liner. That is what players like Sutton do, and that is why the last thing I would mind is someone taking him and those like him out of NHL for good, one way or another.

Shadowrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 01:15 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Now the Isles will lose 4 of the next 5, you'll see, theyve been doing this for a few years now.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 01:55 PM
War Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Now the Isles will lose 4 of the next 5, you'll see, theyve been doing this for a few years now.
Sorry but this is not your yesterday's Islanders. With Teddy at the helm, it's not going to happen anymore.

War Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 01:59 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Have to disagree. Avery defintiely went stick high on DP after he was hit by Feds. he didn't have to hit him under the mask with his stick. But, DP also didn't realize he was pushed into him. I think he may have reacted differenlty if he had. Maybe not though, knowing those two.
Oh and I suppose that when Comrie went shoulder up into Henrik without even attempting to stop that was ok but Avery getting pushed from behind isn't ok?

Yeah. Real nice logic...

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 02:01 PM
Garv23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
haha yep. PRS - Post Ranger Syndrome

About Avery...the stick to Sutton was accidental, but you can't tell me that he didn't know where his stick was going with the DP penalty. I'm actually convinced that play was planned and he was just waiting for the hit from behind. This is what Avery does and what I love about the guy. He always knows where he is and what he can get away with. There was another play later where he was taken down and slid with his legs extended knowing full well he was going to tap DP. The man is an evil genius

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 02:13 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garv23 View Post
haha yep. PRS - Post Ranger Syndrome

About Avery...the stick to Sutton was accidental, but you can't tell me that he didn't know where his stick was going with the DP penalty. I'm actually convinced that play was planned and he was just waiting for the hit from behind. This is what Avery does and what I love about the guy. He always knows where he is and what he can get away with. There was another play later where he was taken down and slid with his legs extended knowing full well he was going to tap DP. The man is an evil genius
True. Personally I wish he would cut that **** out, eventually he's gonna get even more calls against him when the refs get tired of him pleading his innocence. 'Youre responsible for your stick' is the rule just for this sort of thing

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 02:14 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
Oh and I suppose that when Comrie went shoulder up into Henrik without even attempting to stop that was ok but Avery getting pushed from behind isn't ok?

Yeah. Real nice logic...
If you read above a few posts, I believe in response to Melrose I said what Comrie did was definitely on purpose.

Old
11-20-2007, 02:16 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
If you read above a few posts, I believe in response to Melrose I said what Comrie did was definitely on purpose.
Didn't read that then. Sorry. I heard a bunch of that today in the social community about how what Avery did was ********.

Avery did nothing wrong that game, in the islanders favor....

Which is a really good thing to say for someone like Avery, he just played really tough.

He was in the box the whole game so how could he do anything bad?

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote