HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Sweep the home-and-home against Nashville!!

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2004, 05:41 PM
Spaceace

vCash: 500
Sweep the home-and-home against Nashville!!

Do this!!!!!!!!

Old
03-28-2004, 09:43 PM
Teemu

hm.... who's the lesser of two evils, st louis or nashville? im inclined to say nashville, just cuz sullivan's a good guy.

Old
03-28-2004, 09:54 PM
Wally112pac

Hope Sully gets a hat trick in both games.

Old
03-28-2004, 10:57 PM
Fists of Fuhry

Rootin' for you guys...

er.. for not so obvious reasons..

Old
03-29-2004, 12:27 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
If Chicago beats us after losing to St Louis, they will single-handedly play the biggest role in crushing our playoff dream. Now you guys wouldnt want that to happen to your good friend Sully would you?

oh yeah and.. St Louis is evil.

Old
03-29-2004, 10:14 AM
Martin

Thibault's gonna ride the Hawks to victory 8-)

I've wanted to see St. Louis and Edmonton get the final 2 spots since the tight race began a month or so ago - and I'm glad to see it stands an okay chance of happening!

Old
03-29-2004, 01:14 PM
Spaceace

Go Hawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
03-29-2004, 04:46 PM
jstreet

Go Preds!!!!

Old
03-29-2004, 06:14 PM
Martin

The Predators' fan attendance is 3rd-last in the league (behind - surprise, surprise - Carolina and Pittsburgh).

They don't deserve to make the playoffs. Look at Edmonton - sold out 3/4 of their home games this year. Has Nashville filled out 3/4 of the arena at any given time?

Old
03-29-2004, 09:01 PM
Foppa_Rules

I want Chicago to lose so they can get Ovechkin. He has to go either here or to Columbus. He has to go to a hard-working team. I'm sure Sutter could keep him in line and working hard.

Old
03-29-2004, 10:05 PM
Fayne Gretzky

I want Chicago to win out, for obvious reasons, and so they DON'T get Ovechkin, because we don't need him in the Western Conference, lol.

GO HAWKS!!

Old
03-29-2004, 10:46 PM
Wally112pac

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers112
I want Chicago to win out, for obvious reasons, and so they DON'T get Ovechkin, because we don't need him in the Western Conference, lol.

GO HAWKS!!

The East has Kovalchuk. The West needs Ovechkin, the Hawks do too.

Old
03-30-2004, 12:30 AM
jstreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin
The Predators' fan attendance is 3rd-last in the league (behind - surprise, surprise - Carolina and Pittsburgh).

They don't deserve to make the playoffs. Look at Edmonton - sold out 3/4 of their home games this year. Has Nashville filled out 3/4 of the arena at any given time?

I cant believe that Im even going to take the time to reply to this post., ....ah..forget it, not worth the effort.

I would agree that the West needs Ovech, but Nashville wont get him and I dont want to play against him all season., so it is probably best that he goes East.

Old
03-30-2004, 07:37 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
I don't know if you could argue a team needing to make the playoffs based on attendance, but whatever floats your boat. all I know is many of us have watched for 6 years and waited for this opportunity. have mercy on us, hawks. do you really want the blues to waste another playoff appearance?

Old
03-30-2004, 09:02 AM
Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars
I cant believe that Im even going to take the time to reply to this post., ....ah..forget it, not worth the effort.
No seriously, am I missing something?

From the pathetic attendance records (despite their stellar record - unlike Chicago, Pittsburgh and Carolina), it's obvious that people don't give a rat's ass about the Predators. If they make the playoffs, no one will care anyways! They'll keep going to Memphis Grizzlies games or whatever. Might as well let Edmonton get their playoff spot

Old
03-30-2004, 10:57 AM
jstreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin
No seriously, am I missing something?

From the pathetic attendance records (despite their stellar record - unlike Chicago, Pittsburgh and Carolina), it's obvious that people don't give a rat's ass about the Predators. If they make the playoffs, no one will care anyways! They'll keep going to Memphis Grizzlies games or whatever. Might as well let Edmonton get their playoff spot

you have no idea what you are talking about, that is painfully obvious. But Im feeling charitable so I'll depart some wisdom upon you: teams deserve playoff appearances by the number of points that they earn over a season, not how many times the arena sells out.

You do realize that Memphis is over in West TN, right? Ive never had the desire to make a 4 and a half hour trip to see a basketball game., though for TN's sake I hope they do well in their playoffs too.

Old
03-30-2004, 11:04 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
you have no idea what you are talking about, that is painfully obvious. But Im feeling charitable so I'll depart some wisdom upon you: teams deserve playoff appearances by the number of points that they earn over a season, not how many times the arena sells out.

You do realize that Memphis is over in West TN, right? Ive never had the desire to make a 4 and a half hour trip to see a basketball game., though for TN's sake I hope they do well in their playoffs too.
haha I don't think I have even seen anything in the nashville papers about the grizzlies. the titans...that's a different story.

Look, Martin, if you think that small-market / expansion teams don't deserve to make the playoffs, that's fine. Hockey is still relatively new to the south and you'd think sharing something you love so much with those unfamiliar with it would be a good thing. So what...we struggle for attendance. that's not the team's fault. they've poured their hearts into this season and to this franchise and for that alone they deserve to be where they are right now 5,000 fans in attendance or a sellout every night. I do recall ottawa having some struggles with attendance in the past...14,000 average in 96-97 I believe and I think it might have been worse than that before.

that being said...have mercy on the preds, hawks. you really need ovechkin

Last edited by crossxcheck: 03-30-2004 at 11:34 AM.
Old
03-30-2004, 11:21 AM
Oilers Hockey

ottawa's old arena, the Civic Centre, held just over 10,000. Attendance really picked up after that.

If the Hawks can pull this off I will support them by proudly putting on a Blackhawks logo as an avatar.

Old
03-30-2004, 12:55 PM
jstreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskyfan
ottawa's old arena, the Civic Centre, held just over 10,000. Attendance really picked up after that.

If the Hawks can pull this off I will support them by proudly putting on a Blackhawks logo as an avatar.
I can do better than that- I own a Hawks jersey. It was my first jersey, loved watching them back in the Amonte- Roenick days. And with the young talent that is brewing, the jersey will be a keeper for years to come.

Old
03-30-2004, 01:02 PM
crossxcheck

Quote:
I can do better than that- I own a Hawks jersey. It was my first jersey, loved watching them back in the Amonte- Roenick days. And with the young talent that is brewing, the jersey will be a keeper for years to come.
They need ovechkin to ensure that jersey is a keeper for years to come...if you get my hint

Old
03-30-2004, 01:04 PM
Hawkalyzer

interesting.............................

Closed Thread