HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LMHF Game Report #41-Not done

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2004, 01:47 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

vCash: 500
LMHF Game Report #41-Not done

Well, another game against PHX, another 2 points, always good to see.

I didn't think we actually played that great. Scoring 4 against PHX should almost be a given. But hey, I guess that's what really matters at this point and there shouldn't be too much complaining.

Craig MacTavish actually didn't coach TOO horridly tonight. Made some nice line-mixing decisions, although he shoulda played all 4 lines in the third, to keep things fresh and to actually give the other guys more of a chance to get rollin with the game the way it was goin. The defence pair change was a pretty decent move. Smith-Brewer wasn't working at all, so spreading the successful elements into that pair seemed to be a good move. Starting Jussi was a good decision also.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Player Reports
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Jussi Markkanen
-Nice solid game from Jussi. Made several excellent little plays with the puck. Certainly wasn't spectacular, but he didn't have to be. Just made the solid saves you'd expect a good goalie to make, and gave his team a good chance to win. I still come back with Ty, but we certainly know Jussi is there when we need.

Bergeron-Ulanov
-What can ya say about these guys to do them justice? MAB played another excellent game, capped by his two stellar rushes that ended in goals. Even broke a pane of glass tonight. This guy makes a huge difference on our backline, and can certainly change a game. Playing this unit with the top line is quite smart. Igor was disgustingly solid again tonight, and got ANOTHER big winning goal. Talk about impressive. DEFINATELY our best d-pair of late.

Smith-Brewer
-YUCK. Talk about a bad game for these two. Brewer got schooled repeatedly, and was horrible on both goals. Still can't make up his mind on the PP point either, Ulanov needs to be put in there. Smith wasn't as bad, but still didn't do very well. He played the 2-on-1 just atrociously, there never shoulda been a goal there. These guys are havin some problems lately. I vote we split them up. Semenov-Brewer, Staios-Smith. Much as I'd like to give Staios a rest.

Staios-OldAndSlow
-Stevey still looks tired. He's losing races and making fairly lazy plays with the puck. It's not that he was BAD tonight or anything, it's just that he should really be better. OAS was pretty much OAS. Horrible passing, Staios had to play both positions much of the time, and just completely useless, a couple really dumb blueline plays. The fact that this guy dressed AGAIN is a complete joke, what's going through MacTavish's head on this other than sympathy or paranoia?

Hemsky-Oates-Isbister
-Both Hemsky and Chad didn't get enough ice to warrant a judgement. Ales had some definite jump tonight it looked like too. Chad was lookin like a guy that might do somethin, but is still a little behind. Oates was alright tonight, not as good as last game, but okay. Still made some smart decisions, and hopefully his experience is payin off.

Laraque-Stoll-Moreau
-Georges also didn't play enough to warrant a grade, but he was okay for what he did. Jarret still looks a little off, i think he's just having a short lull, nothing to worry about. Ethan looks a little less confident than he did about a week ago, hopefully he can REALLY get it goin for us so that line is truckin along. He drives it for sure. SHOW ME Hemsky-Stoll-Moreau PLEASE!!!

Pisani-York-Smyth
-This line also didn't last the night. Fernando moved down and Oates stepped into the middle sort of alternating with Stoll, it was tough to track. Fernando played another solid game, capitalizing on the powerplay and in general just being very solid. Amazing how far this guy has come. Mike York still looks out of it to me. Nice to see him get a goal, but he also shoulda had a ton of good chances tonight and didn't. Smyth wasn't anything special tonight either, although he looked alright in his time with Radek and Petr, like I said, hard to keep track tonight!

Torres-Nedved-Dvorak
-Petr Petr Petr, how many dollars do you want? We've been missing a guy like this for SO LONG and tonight's just another example of what they do. BEAUTY reads all over the ice, took alot of good shot and generated chances. A couple breaks and he gets the trick. Radek was pretty decent tonight, although he's still losin the puck on rushes, which isn't good. Raffi shoulda scored tonight, and didn't get as much time, but hopefully is finding his stride.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Well well well, regular season game #41.........$1500 is officially spent and watched. I sure woulda liked it to have gone better, but sure can't complain too much about the finish. We really coulda been a special team at home this regular season.

I'm not gonna go on a big speech about the season yet, because we're not finished playing at home this year.

The Blue Car redeemed itself this evening. GO BLUE CAR!

Mike Comrie had an EXCELLENT game. We missed this guy bad this year. So much creativity and control and confidence there. I wish nothin but the best for Mike, and hell, maybe we even get him back somewhere down the line. He deserves to win here.

HOW does Langkow always get somethin against us?? We need that guy to keep him away from us in games that matter!

People need to work on their chanting. CHOOSE CHANTABLE PHRASES!

People really need to stop spilling beer under my seat.

Many thanks for the regular season companionship of my buddy #2, as well as my usher friend whose many seat-hookups and conversations kept things awesome, as well as the many fans who appreciated my constant critiscisms and generally odd outbursts.

A curse upon that woman from Bonnyville who took my winning 50/50 ticket!

I look forward to writing many more reports for you guys this next couple months. You're awesome whether you hate the reports or not! LET'S ROLL BOYS!

#1 OUT!

Last edited by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1: 03-29-2004 at 01:55 AM.
Old
03-29-2004, 01:57 AM
Cerebral

I can't say that I've always agreed with your thoughts LMHF#1 but thank you for all the reports you've done this season. They're always good for debate and definitely give those that don't get a chance to see the game some insight into why the Oilers won/lost. Hopefully you'll end up writing exactly 8 more reports before the end of the post-season..

Old
03-29-2004, 02:01 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
I can't say that I've always agreed with your thoughts LMHF#1 but thank you for all the reports you've done this season. They're always good for debate and definitely give those that don't get a chance to see the game some insight into why the Oilers won/lost. Hopefully you'll end up writing exactly 8 more reports before the end of the post-season..
Here's to 8 more reports! Although I wouldn't mind doin an extra one at the end, nice and dramatic.

Old
03-29-2004, 02:04 AM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
A bit cocky don't you think? I think the Oilers will need 12 home games to get the job done, and they could use the extra revenue if your heart can take the extra drama

Old
03-29-2004, 02:17 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Also forgot again:

MY 3 Oilers Stars:

1. Petr Nedved
2. Igor Ulanov
3. Marc-Andre Orrgeron

Old
03-29-2004, 03:46 AM
Walsher

Couple things:

1st - Comrie was aweful. -1 and was absolutely manhandled everytime he tried his little moves, specifically on Ulanov an Smith,

2nd - Who is Chad?

3rd - MacT was and has been excellent all year.

Old
03-29-2004, 04:32 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walsher
Couple things:

1st - Comrie was aweful. -1 and was absolutely manhandled everytime he tried his little moves, specifically on Ulanov an Smith,

2nd - Who is Chad?

3rd - MacT was and has been excellent all year.
Comrie played well, he gave the D problems, especially Brew.

Chad is quite obviously Brad Isbister, masquerading as Chad Kilger, combining to become Chad Isbister.

And on the 3rd point, Noop. And tonight was hardly 'excellent' for him. Better than most, but still not excellent.

Old
03-29-2004, 04:42 AM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

Quote:
Couple things:

what were you watching? I hate Comrie as much as the next guy, but what he played tonight was a very good hockey game. He made so many dmen look stupid and was always in the right position and was dangerous every time he touched the puck. If he wasn't playing with Dan Cleary, that line puts the puck in the net a couple times...

Old
03-29-2004, 09:28 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
What?

Nothing on your Vezina candidate Johnson?

Old
03-29-2004, 09:35 AM
ZIM

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
What?

Nothing on your Vezina candidate Johnson?
I thought Johnson did a fine Salo impression. Mishandled Nedved's goal and flopped like a whale.

Old
03-29-2004, 09:48 AM
H-Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIM
I thought Johnson did a fine Salo impression. Mishandled Nedved's goal and flopped like a whale.
Very fine impression indeed. That York goal was a disgusting display of goaltending technique.

As for the debate on Comrie (and way to chant Comrie Sucks ), I think he played a pretty bad game. True he made some nice moves and looked dangerous, but so many times our D saw right through the moves. My roomate (who is a Flames fan) made the comment that Comrie was getting man handled. He thought he was awful last night; I give him slightly more credit than awful; maybe mediocre?

Old
03-29-2004, 01:52 PM
barto

I thought Comrie was average, 'overall'. Made some nice plays & moves, but also looked ineffective many times.

I was going to say that Ulanov had a pretty bad first period from what I saw (on TV) - made many fumbling plays with the puck, some bad choices, some of the "old" Ulanov from before his first great year with the Oilers (or you could say some of his playoff-style play here that year). But he did pull it together & was solid the rest of the game.

I like the "Marc-Andre ORRgeron" bit, LMHF#1...made me chuckle. But it's GREAT to see the kid doing what he does well, which is to skate the puck up ice or make a strong pass out of the zone, and his shot is something wicked to behold (just ask Horcoff ) - does anyone know if he participated in the Skills competition earlier? I can't remember if he was still in Toronto at that time.

Bart

Old
03-29-2004, 02:28 PM
LoudmouthHemskyFan#2

Yes, he was still in Toronto, he so would have won the hardest shot. I'm glad everyone is starting to realize how good Bergeron actually is, and how bad we have been missing him! How long is his point streak now? 7?

Old
03-29-2004, 02:30 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#2
Yes, he was still in Toronto, he so would have won the hardest shot. I'm glad everyone is starting to realize how good Bergeron actually is, and how bad we have been missing him! How long is his point streak now? 7?
We've needed this Bergeron all season, not the one who was here for the last 10 games before he got sent down.

He's really picked up his game.

Old
03-29-2004, 02:50 PM
Digger12

The Bergie we're seeing now only accentuates how important confidence is to a young player. The guy looks a lot less afraid to make a mistake on the PP point, and he's absolutely WIRING the puck right now.

He's not the second coming of Larry Robinson in his own end, but he's not the next Chris Joseph or Craig Redmond either. The 'what were you THINKING??' passes aren't happening nearly as often with him now, yet he's still keeping up the offense.

Some Roadrunners could learn a lesson from this guy on how to respond to a demotion.

Old
03-29-2004, 03:00 PM
H-Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
Some Roadrunners could learn a lesson from this guy on how to respond to a demotion.
Paging Jani Rita.

Old
03-29-2004, 04:49 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Bear
Paging Jani Rita.
Bueller? Bueller? ..... Bueller?

Old
03-29-2004, 05:12 PM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by neogeo69
Bueller? Bueller? ..... Bueller?

Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Rita pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Old
03-30-2004, 01:15 AM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#2
what were you watching? I hate Comrie as much as the next guy, but what he played tonight was a very good hockey game. He made so many dmen look stupid and was always in the right position and was dangerous every time he touched the puck. If he wasn't playing with Dan Cleary, that line puts the puck in the net a couple times...
Just because Mikey tries 8 fncy moves before getting the puck poked off his stick doesn't mean he was good. He wasn't. Very little with respect to dangerous chances - no good passes, a penalty, -1 and was absolutely ordinary. Hemsky dangles sometimes but what does it accomplish? Bottom line is results. Langkow and Doan get the job done. They produce and they are effective. Comrie was neither.

Old
03-30-2004, 01:17 AM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Chad is quite obviously Brad Isbister, masquerading as Chad Kilger, combining to become Chad Isbister.
I don't recall Kilger being injured for the better part of a season and yet being very effective when he came into the lineup. Ales Klima is a much more believable name.

Old
03-30-2004, 02:35 AM
streetballer03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard....
hahaha what a source!

Old
03-30-2004, 10:55 AM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
I don't recall Kilger being injured for the better part of a season and yet being very effective when he came into the lineup. Ales Klima is a much more believable name.

I'm not a big fan of giving players unflattering nicnames, at least not the ones on my own team.

After a player starts playing well it takes too long to shake that kind of thing.

Old
03-30-2004, 04:33 PM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!

I'm not a big fan of giving players unflattering nicnames, at least not the ones on my own team.

After a player starts playing well it takes too long to shake that kind of thing.
I hate it when people compare players. They are never justified. Brad Isbister was being compared to Bertuzzi earlier this year - people calling him Bradtuzzi. Horcoff apparently plays like Cleary, thus Clearcoff, yet he has 40 pts and has been a solid contributor. It is quite lame IMO. Anyways - I hope all the Oilers play like Gretzky tonight.

Old
03-30-2004, 05:29 PM
mackdogs*

I'm hoping Conks and Juice play more like Fuhr, but I smell what you're cooking. :

Closed Thread