HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jags (longer) interview in czech newspaper

Old
11-27-2007, 02:50 AM
Madik77

vCash: 500
Jags (longer) interview in czech newspaper

...sorry for my english translation, I did it very quickly
http://hokej.idnes.cz/za-rok-v-range...211914_nhl_rou

Larry Brooks wrote that NYR should not begin next season in Prague because it is not clear that you will be in the line up. Do ou know it?
I don't care.

Teams usually negotiate contracts with their best players some time in advance. Have they talked to you allready?
No, at all..

Can you imagine not playing for NYR next season?
Sure.

At the same time, you allways relish being here.
If they do not want me here what can I do? Clean bins?

But you allways advocate for NYR game in Prague.
It is true. But I don´t know what is happening now. And, maybe, NYR won´t have any czech player in the team.

In this case it has no sense to invite the most expensive team to Czech republic.
We will see.

If you do not agree with NYR for next season would you come back to Kladno? Or Oms? Would youo go somewhere else in NHL?
I don´t know what I will do. I am not going mad if I do not stay in NYR.

You are captain, the main star of NYR. Rangers was after the lock out Jags team. Is it still true?
I don´t think. Not now. When I do not have success I am loosing this possition. But it is normal.

So it is not like in PIT where you go on ice whenever you wanted?
That time is far away!

In recent games you looked harassed. Renney, with Straka out, was trying to find players for your line with dificulties?
You know, I lost Nylander in summer. Strcena was 15 games out. It is not fun. I don´t want to complain, but with player we bought I did not have chemistry:-( We invested a lot of money to centers but I play in the line with kid who came from farm.

But Brandon Dubinsky is not the right center for you, isn´t he?
He is good guy. I am not angry with him, he is trying. Hats off.

I saw you several times taping with stick on the ice in good position to receive a pass from him. But nothing came…
We can´t do nothing with it. When I got angry it would be even worse. I like him, I know he is trying very much to do maximum.

Why it was not clicking with Gomezem?
Hard to say.

Because he wants the puck as you?
It would have been good but not as expected. For him it will be better to play with Shanny. He is true scorer he does not want the puck in the middle zone. I want it. We play with Gomez very similar style of play.

Why it was not clicking with Drury?
We did not play together very much, 4 games or so. Then we tryed it with Dubi it was good.

Were you happy when Straka came back?
You bet! I don´t care if I score goal. I have the right taste for game. Straca waits for me, give it to me back. We understand each other on the ice. At once we have more chances. When he steped in on Friday for the first time and did not finish because of the stretched muscle I though that I have a heart attack!

In the last weeks you do not shoot very much. Why?
But I did not have good chances.

Sometimes yes.
When?

On Florida you came from wing and came behind the net. In PP you pass from „your“ position on the right circle...
OK… When you are not having a lot of chances you lose your insticts. It takes some time to come back.

Do you miss self-confidence?
Of course. I need to play „my game“. I am not going to shoot the puck on boards, I am not good at it. When I receive the pass quickly and I am on the other side of the ring. I felt like in elevator. Up, down!

Sooner when you did not score golas you were mad. Did you take it worse than now?
Maybe. But that time it was quicker to go back to good shape. I was more go-ahead. I did not see anything else than scoring a goal. Now I am in more calm.

Is it easier for you when NYR is winning?
Sure. I have more time to come back.

But NYR is not playing very interesting hockey. You have the worst GPP.
You are not going to win anything with open style now. You need to have good goalie and play from behind. Otherwise you come to play-off and you are finished there.

Do you have any defensive role in this system?
No no. At all.

But sometimes you appear in your defensive zone, in places where you were not used to be.
You know, we did not score goals… You must have some discernment.

Chris Chelios says that coach took away the freedom from hockey. With tactics. Agree?
Team from 80s would have no chance now. Nobody came back, nobody has strong power. Now it is very dificult to. Coaches prepare perfectly the team for a game… I do not go there very much but I see how long guys are sitting on the meetings. They know exactly what to do. Team works as a machine.

Madik77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 03:06 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

thats depressing as hell.

Heres a thought...

Prucha Straka Jagr
Drury Gomez Shanahan
Avery Dubinsky Callahan
Hossa Betts Orr

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Entrancemperium

Sounds like he doesn't want to be a ranger anymore...........

Entrancemperium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Entrancemperium

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post

Heres a thought...

Prucha Straka Jagr
Drury Gomez Shanahan
Avery Dubinsky Callahan
Hossa Betts Orr
I like those lines

Entrancemperium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 03:12 AM
Bretzky*

Quote:

Heres a thought...

Prucha Straka Jagr
Drury Gomez Shanahan
Avery Dubinsky Callahan
Hossa Betts Orr
I like it a lot!

Bretzky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 03:17 AM
Madik77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrancemperium View Post
I don´t think so. I think it is more frustration from his current game. He is in slump and I only hope that Straka can take him back to the level where Jagr should and could play.

Old
11-27-2007, 03:19 AM
Bretzky*

Jagr, Mara, Montoya for Wolski, Liles, 1st at the deadline.

Bretzky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 03:27 AM
Kostik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrancemperium View Post
Didn't get that impression from interview.

He wants to be still a Ranger, but i think better question is if Slats will want him.
Thats what worries him a bit i think.

My feeling from this interview is, that he has not much fun from hockey right now, and he is not relaxed enough to do his usual offensive magic.
Jagr is no longer in his mid twenties, he can no longer play with third liners, he needs linemates that suits him(Straka). Renney understood this already i think by putting together Straka-Drury-Jagr line again. They need more time to find some chemistry, not just two games.

Also interesting is that he lost weight duruing summer to current 230, but he would like to get stronger as he was during 05-06 season - to 245.

In short : Jagr is just in slump, he will pick it up by time.

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 03:31 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madik77 View Post

In recent games you looked harassed. Renney, with Straka out, was trying to find players for your line with dificulties?
You know, I lost Nylander in summer. Strcena was 15 games out. It is not fun. I don´t want to complain, but with player we bought I did not have chemistry:-( We invested a lot of money to centers but I play in the line with kid who came from farm.
This is a valid point IMO, and an objective one.

Jagr's days when he could've carried Jan Hrdina and Kip Miller and still win scoring titles are over.
He can still dominate IMO, but he does need help at this point. Straka will help, but he lost a guy he played with so well for 2 seasons...
Not to mention having a 7m Chris Drury on the 3rd line is a bit of a waste.

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 03:32 AM
Ranger35
Proud of NYR

Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
Quote:

Heres a thought...

Prucha Straka Jagr
Drury Gomez Shanahan
Avery Dubinsky Callahan
Hossa Betts Orr
I really want to see that first line given a shot, get some of that Czech magic going. I'd also be interested to see how Drury does as W on Gomez's line.

Ranger35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 04:06 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:

Heres a thought...

Prucha Straka Jagr
Drury Gomez Shanahan
Avery Dubinsky Callahan
Hossa Betts Orr
Inferno - We often seem to be on the same wavelength
Here as well
Would be very interesting -at least - to try this
Could be very potent lineup
1st line - Czech mate - Offensive Central European dynamo - 2 gpg
2nd line - The 20 million Dollar Men - The leagues best 2nd line? - 2 gpg
3rd line - Pain in the (p)ass line - A grueling line to meet with offense too - 0,5 gpg
4th line - HBO line (Hossa or Hollweg) - Checking, faceoffs, fighting and goal now and then - 0,2 gpg

Now I just hope that Renney is a good scholar and reads the HF board today in order to change his lineup

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 04:10 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
...sorry for my english translation, I did it very quickly
It was great
Fantastic job btw and an interesting insight
I can also hear the Bohemian dialect leaking through your translation!
Love it!

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 04:32 AM
Hockey MD

Send a message via AIM to Hockey MD
Quote:

Heres a thought...

Prucha Straka Jagr
Drury Gomez Shanahan
Avery Dubinsky Callahan
Hossa Betts Orr
I agree with the this set up but renney is not going to do it until we are in hole at the end of december, remember from last season the obvious to us is not so obvious to Renney

Hockey MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 07:33 AM
bumrusherer

Damn..sounds like he doesnt think Dubi is very good btu admires his work ethic.
Doesnt seem to view Gomez too highly.

I seems that Jagr's mental state is where a lot of people thought it was. Low on confidence and lacking the overall excitement of playing.

bumrusherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 07:35 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

ugh

11-27-2007, 07:50 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Madik, thanks for the translation. Very interesting.

People need not take Jagr too seriously. I feel like people take him (and other Euro's) too literally.

There is a difference in tone between European players and NA Players. I am not sure if something gets lost in translation, or just simply 100s of other social reasons.

The rule in the US is if you are an athlete and someone asks you about coming back next year, anything less than "YES! I wouldn't leave here for anything" means you are gone.

Jagr is a no BS guy. Some people view it as being weak or soft or a quitter. To me, he is just very realistic and humble.

11-27-2007, 08:02 AM
GarretJoseph*

I bet Renney & Slather get copies of anything that has to do with Jagr giving an interview... I wonder how they see it...or Dubinsky..Gomez...

This interview if true could spell the end of Jagr in NY if he keeps this attitude up.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 08:04 AM
Madik77

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
Madik, thanks for the translation. Very interesting.

People need not take Jagr too seriously. I feel like people take him (and other Euro's) too literally.

There is a difference in tone between European players and NA Players. I am not sure if something gets lost in translation, or just simply 100s of other social reasons.

The rule in the US is if you are an athlete and someone asks you about coming back next year, anything less than "YES! I wouldn't leave here for anything" means you are gone.

Jagr is a no BS guy. Some people view it as being weak or soft or a quitter. To me, he is just very realistic and humble.

It was just a quick translation, english is not my first language so something could be definetely lost in translation. However, usually you can see specific type of joking in interviewes but this time it was different. I think it is clear that right now he is *** off with his play but I think he is trying as much as he can. Sometimes you want so much and finally it is even bigger disaster. I think (and hope) that his play will be back in 10-20 games and he is going to be huge factor in play off

Old
11-27-2007, 08:09 AM
Chimp

Good job Madik77. I know from first hand how time consuming it can be to do those translations.

As for Jagr, I don't care if he and this team struggles for 50 games or so. As long as this team is ready to go come playoff time, I'm happy.

I think it's great and shows of strength that we are still winning the majority of our games despite being far from top form.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 08:10 AM
Madik77

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
I bet Renney & Slather get copies of anything that has to do with Jagr giving an interview... I wonder how they see it...or Dubinsky..Gomez...

This interview if true could spell the end of Jagr in NY if he keeps this attitude up.
Not true. He did not tell anthing wrong about both of them! He just said that his style and Gomez style does not fit very much.
About Dubi he said only positive things. He likes him and his attitude but Dubi is not a first line center or do you think he is?

Old
11-27-2007, 08:20 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzky-StaalFor07 View Post
can we switch Mara with Malik?

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 08:38 AM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzky-StaalFor07 View Post
we should get more...and i don't think colorado has that much cap space...

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 08:42 AM
Levitate

Interviews like this tend to have people read too much into them. For one, it's being translated and the person who translated it admitted to doing a quick job on it. Then you have native Czech speakers telling people that Jagr doesn't sound unhappy with the team at all, just with himself, but people will ignore that...

It's obvious Jagr is upset and frustrated because he's having a very difficult season so far. But he definitely seems more frustrated with himself than anything else. If he breaks out of his slump and goes on a scoring tear, I think a follow up interview would find him a lot happier and positive about things.

Oh, and I still don't see the Rangers trading Jagr at the deadline unless they're out of the running, or he's become an afterthought on the team (which I don't think happens). It's way too big of a disruption for a team that wants a shot at the cup

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 08:50 AM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Not true. He did not tell anthing wrong about both of them! He just said that his style and Gomez style does not fit very much.
About Dubi he said only positive things. He likes him and his attitude but Dubi is not a first line center or do you think he is?
Whats not true? I don't think you undestood me.

I was saying its the end for Jagr in NEW YORK if his attitude stays this way.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 08:58 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Don't let the door hit you in the A@@ Jagr. Like I said 10000000 times before the guy is heartless and not a captain the team was built with his friends and his feelings and we will not win with that. The kid from the farm comment is a joke cause the kid has more heart in his butt then Jagr has total. Ok I offically hate Jagrs spineless guts now.

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote