4th Round 2009

News Story:
http://www.windsorspitfires.com/viewcon.php?id=2120

91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2007, 09:52 PM
Brock

vCash: 500
About time that Plymouth unloaded one of their goalies, seing as they had two of the best in the OHL and not enough playing time for both.

Andrew Engalage has been pretty decent for the Spits this year, but Neuvirth is potentially one of the best in the O (arguably top 3 with former teammate Smith and Mason). While he has these games every once in a while where he plays downright terrible, for the most part Neuvirth is a pretty electric goalie who can steal games. So I think this one is a solid win for the Spits.

Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2007, 12:20 AM
Superfly Jimmy Snuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
About time that Plymouth unloaded one of their goalies, seing as they had two of the best in the OHL and not enough playing time for both.

Andrew Engalage has been pretty decent for the Spits this year, but Neuvirth is potentially one of the best in the O (arguably top 3 with former teammate Smith and Mason). While he has these games every once in a while where he plays downright terrible, for the most part Neuvirth is a pretty electric goalie who can steal games. So I think this one is a solid win for the Spits.
Neuvirth didnt want to be in Plymouth, he hasnt had the best of stats and i know he wasnt expecting to be in the OHL this year, hes been restless behind a very young team

Superfly Jimmy Snuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2007, 01:26 AM
Chevy Cheveldae

Send a message via MSN to Chevy Cheveldae
Quote:
The Windsor Spitfires also acquired overage goaltender David Reekie off of waivers from the Western Hockey Leagueís Everett Silvertips. Reekie was ranked third in the WHL with a 1.97 goals against average and an impressive 20-6 record last year with the Silvertips.

Chevy Cheveldae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2007, 01:42 AM

Quote:
The Windsor Spitfires also acquired overage goaltender David Reekie off of waivers from the Western Hockey League’s Everett Silvertips. Reekie was ranked third in the WHL with a 1.97 goals against average and an impressive 20-6 record last year with the Silvertips.
They have to be trading Engelage now... this doesnt make sense!

Edit: I didn't even realize that was at the bottom of the same article, hahaha.

Looks like they are moving Engelage somewhere....

91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2007, 08:11 AM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly Jimmy Snuka View Post
Neuvirth didnt want to be in Plymouth, he hasnt had the best of stats and i know he wasnt expecting to be in the OHL this year, hes been restless behind a very young team
While it's true Neuvirth was hoping to be in the AHL this year, I don't think his stats have been bad. He's 3rd in the OHL in SV% and has been top 5 the whole season. He hasn't even had one of his "meltdown" games in a little while, where he becomes a seive.

Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2007, 08:44 AM
Lionheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Raycroft1 View Post
They have to be trading Engelage now... this doesnt make sense!

Edit: I didn't even realize that was at the bottom of the same article, hahaha.

Looks like they are moving Engelage somewhere....
They may not move Engelage right away. The Reekie and Neuvirth acquisitions were not planned to both go through. I think Windsor thought it was one or the other, and ended up with both.

Lionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2007, 01:06 PM
Boomhower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
They may not move Engelage right away. The Reekie and Neuvirth acquisitions were not planned to both go through. I think Windsor thought it was one or the other, and ended up with both.
Exactly, a waiver claim takes a couple days to go through and with waivers Windsor had no clue if they would recieve Reekie (any team in the OHL with less points gets him before Windsor)

So as Boughner said he put in a claim for Reekie 2 days before he traded for Neurvirth. I don't think it means anything for Engleage, Reekie will probably soon be waived/traded by Windsor and the claim will cost them $1,000.

Boomhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 04:36 PM
Chevy Cheveldae

Send a message via MSN to Chevy Cheveldae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhower View Post
Reekie will probably soon be waived/traded by Windsor and the claim will cost them $1,000.
Quote:
G David Reekie just canít seem to find the right place at the right time. A bantam draft pick of the Kamloops Blazers, Reekie has played with the WHLís Regina Pats and Everett Silvertips. And heís put up some good numbers, like last season when he put up a 1.77 GAA in 27 games with the Silvertips. But Reekie, 20, got caught up in the numbersí game, cleared WHL waivers and joined the OHLís Windsor Spitfires. The day he headed east, the Spitfires made a deal and acquired a third goaltender. So now, without even getting into a game with Windsor, Reekie is on the move again. Now he has joined the USHLís Lincoln Stars. Also on the stars is D Lyon Messier, the son of Hockey Hall of Famer Mark Messier. Lyon, 20, was in camp with the Edmonton Oil Kings and also had a stint with the Kelowna Rockets. Messier also had a brief stay with the OHLís Erie Otters before moving on to Lincoln
http://gdrinnan.blogspot.com/

Chevy Cheveldae is offline   Reply With Quote