HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Sens vs Bolts

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2004, 06:41 PM
WaiverWire

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Timer
Completely OT: I didn't even want to bring that up because I thought that most of that booing happened during the T.V. timeouts, but some of it did occur/spill over on faceoffs. It just makes me shake my head. The organization's trying to do something for the fans and the fans aren't quite reciprocating. The whole situation's a joke.

It was quite amusing when the people in the 100's booed the 300 level winners.
Having been there let us not forget that when the Canadian Anthem was sung Canadians sang along. Thus it was the 1st time this year that I heard the Americans also sing their Anthem ( have only missed one game) in an attempt to be louder than the Canadiens.

Many Senator fans were in the stands and their was a big group in the south lower end around section 124. Every time they tried to get a chant going the Lighting fans would just boo and drown them out. This went on during the whole game. then when Clymer clipped a Senator the refs were booed as many felt the Senators had 6 men on the ice and had been caught in a bad line change......only not to be called when Clymer was called for his stick incident.

Rule 44 Boarding

(a) A minor or major penalty, at the discretion of the Referee, based upon the degree of violence of the impact with the boards, shall be imposed on any player who checks an opponent in such a manner that causes the opponent to be thrown violently in the boards.

(NOTE) Any unnecessary contact with a player playing the puck on an obvious "icing" or "off-side" play which results in that player being knocked into the boards is "boarding" and must be penalized as such. In other instances where there is no contact with the boards, it should be treated as "charging."

(b) When a major penalty is imposed under this Rule for a foul resulting in an injury to the face or head of an opponent, a game misconduct shall be imposed.

(c) Any player who incurs a total of two (2) game misconducts for Boarding under Rule 44 (b), in either Regular Season or Playoffs, shall be suspended automatically for the next game of his Team. For each subsequent game misconduct penalty the automatic suspension shall be increased by one game.

(d) When a major penalty is imposed under this Rule, an automatic fine of one hundred dollars ($100) shall be imposed

Luke was more than 3 feet away from the boards at the time. The Senator player came at him with an upwards motion that clearly help to send Luke into the boards. I was sitting right there and from what I saw and the replays, along with part "A" of of this rule, it was clearly a boarding penalty.

Old
03-30-2004, 06:54 PM
Flycoon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
Why? because his neck isn't red?
Nope. It's the poodle hair.

Old
03-30-2004, 06:56 PM
Flycoon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeminus
I hate to even mention this ridiculous situation, but a lot of the booing was also related to the prize winners being posted on the JumboTron throughout the game. Seems a healthy portion of the winners were seated in club seats and luxury suites, prompting the fans in the "cheap" seats to express their displeasure.
That's shocking, Joe. Can't imagine management kicking a few more perks and give aways to the big money folks. They always take care of the little guy.

Old
03-30-2004, 07:04 PM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaiverWire
Having been there let us not forget that when the Canadian Anthem was sung Canadians sang along. Thus it was the 1st time this year that I heard the Americans also sing their Anthem ( have only missed one game) in an attempt to be louder than the Canadiens.

Many Senator fans were in the stands and their was a big group in the south lower end around section 124. Every time they tried to get a chant going the Lighting fans would just boo and drown them out. This went on during the whole game. then when Clymer clipped a Senator the refs were booed as many felt the Senators had 6 men on the ice and had been caught in a bad line change......only not to be called when Clymer was called for his stick incident.

Rule 44 Boarding

(a) A minor or major penalty, at the discretion of the Referee, based upon the degree of violence of the impact with the boards, shall be imposed on any player who checks an opponent in such a manner that causes the opponent to be thrown violently in the boards.

(NOTE) Any unnecessary contact with a player playing the puck on an obvious "icing" or "off-side" play which results in that player being knocked into the boards is "boarding" and must be penalized as such. In other instances where there is no contact with the boards, it should be treated as "charging."

(b) When a major penalty is imposed under this Rule for a foul resulting in an injury to the face or head of an opponent, a game misconduct shall be imposed.

(c) Any player who incurs a total of two (2) game misconducts for Boarding under Rule 44 (b), in either Regular Season or Playoffs, shall be suspended automatically for the next game of his Team. For each subsequent game misconduct penalty the automatic suspension shall be increased by one game.

(d) When a major penalty is imposed under this Rule, an automatic fine of one hundred dollars ($100) shall be imposed

Luke was more than 3 feet away from the boards at the time. The Senator player came at him with an upwards motion that clearly help to send Luke into the boards. I was sitting right there and from what I saw and the replays, along with part "A" of of this rule, it was clearly a boarding penalty.

Very well said. But typical commenting let em play crap. And knowing it was Neil i know 100% it was intent behind it.

Old
03-30-2004, 07:50 PM
TexSen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Bolt Fan
Very well said. But typical commenting let em play crap. And knowing it was Neil i know 100% it was intent behind it.
Wow. This thread just got a lot dumber.

So you're Kreskin now too, what with your obvious ability to read minds?

Old
03-30-2004, 08:01 PM
jstreim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flycoon
That's shocking, Joe. Can't imagine management kicking a few more perks and give aways to the big money folks. They always take care of the little guy.

OT: The giveaway is advertised as a "random seat drawing." To be blatently obvious, most of the winners should have been sitting in the 100's, but to see the same amount of prizes go to one section of the arena that is about half the size of another is enough to get blood boiling. Most fans weren't booing the section, they were booing the "randomness" of the drawing. The least they could do is say that "certain ticketholders will win prizes" instead of "random prize drawing." I, personally, could care less and therefore, do not boo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexSen

Chris Neil is a dirty player. No denying that. To say that when he goes to hit someone there is a 100% chance that his intentions are to hurt someone are a little extreme, but in this case, it was pretty obvious what his intentions were. In addition to boarding, he lined up halfway across the ice for that hit. Unfortunately, most players line up for hits in that manner, and it is rarely called. What he did was boarding. It's stated in the rulebook, Lukowich was thrown violently into the boards, which constitutes boarding.

Last edited by jstreim: 03-30-2004 at 08:57 PM.
Old
03-30-2004, 08:32 PM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreim
Chris Neil is a dirty player. No denying that. To say that when he goes to hit someone there is a 100% chance that his intentions are to hurt someone are a little extreme, but in this case, it was pretty obvious what his intentions were. In addition to boarding, he lined up halfway across the ice for that hit. Unfortunately, most players line up for hits in that manner, and it is rarely called. What he did was boarding. It's stated in the rulebook, Lukowich was thrown violently into the boards, which constitutes boarding.
He was *NOT* thrown into the boards, by any means. It was an open ice hit where you could tell Neil was just trying to flatten him. Look at how both of them reacted right after the hit. Their arms went up and they both lost balance. Lukowich decided to turn around, which, unfortunately for him, got his face cut up on the edge of the boards. Now had Neil run across, and slammed him right up against the boards in a violent way...THAT would be considered boarding. What Neil did was a perfect open ice hit where Lukowich unfortunately lost his balance. Not a big deal.

Old
03-30-2004, 09:02 PM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexSen

You dont need to be able to read minds in regards to the punk Neil.

Old
03-30-2004, 10:45 PM
Rschmitz

I think Taylor clarified his comments in the intermission. When asked if he wanted the Lightning to trade for Bondra, and why; and he gave an honest answer that he believed Bondra was a selfish player. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me

Old
03-31-2004, 07:13 AM
Cat Called Bobcat

If that was a boarding penalty, Bonk's stick being held on to late in the third was easily a holding the stick penalty. But instead, the refs called Redden shortly after on a very similar play. The only power play the Senators got was the 4:00 one for the obvious high-stick that had to be called.

My point is, you can go on and on and on and ON about how things should have been penalties, but the fact is, a ton of other things in the game weren't called on both sides. And that happens every game, not just this particular game.

Old
03-31-2004, 09:33 AM
Other Dave

Quote:
You dont need to be able to read minds in regards to the punk Neil.
Look everybody! Another hated player on the Sens!

Other Dave

Old
03-31-2004, 07:19 PM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Dave
Look everybody! Another hated player on the Sens!

Other Dave

Easy to hate that punk after his blatant LYING from an event that happened vs Prospal

Old
03-31-2004, 07:21 PM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissmeimasensfan
If that was a boarding penalty, Bonk's stick being held on to late in the third was easily a holding the stick penalty. But instead, the refs called Redden shortly after on a very similar play. The only power play the Senators got was the 4:00 one for the obvious high-stick that had to be called.

My point is, you can go on and on and on and ON about how things should have been penalties, but the fact is, a ton of other things in the game weren't called on both sides. And that happens every game, not just this particular game.
And that makes it right????

2 wrongs dont make a right but 3 lefts do. Those Linesmen where some of the WORST i have seen in almost 40 yrs of hockey

Old
03-31-2004, 07:50 PM
Sotnos

Boy, I'm glad I bothered reading this, I could never have survived without reading all the arrogant comments about what bad fans we are down here. Even the obligatory redneck joke, wow!

Old
03-31-2004, 09:38 PM
Cat Called Bobcat

Quote:
Easy to hate that punk after his blatant LYING from an event that happened vs Prospal
Hey, and don't you guys hate Prospal too?

Old
03-31-2004, 09:39 PM
Cat Called Bobcat

Quote:
And that makes it right????

2 wrongs dont make a right but 3 lefts do. Those Linesmen where some of the WORST i have seen in almost 40 yrs of hockey
I wasn't talking about the linesmen.

Old
03-31-2004, 09:47 PM
SensGod

Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos
Even the obligatory redneck joke, wow!
Sotnos...I respect you as a poster and an admin...

I was replying to some guy who was calling our captain, and one of the best players in the NHL a "poodle"...I was just returning in favour one lame comment for another.

I'm pretty sure that if I would have called the likes of Lecavalier a poutine eating "nancy" boy I would have gotten something like that in return.

I'm not trying to justify the comment...but don't take it so seriously...besides...everyone know's that true "red necks" aren't from Florida...they are to the west and northwest of Florida! Florida is full of Snow Birds...

Closed Thread