HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds Sale Thread

Old
11-30-2007, 11:20 AM
bflohockeygirl
homesick sabres fan

vCash: 500
A little late, but I just saw the headline now, heh.

Congrats, Preds fans - great news.

Study hard. Be evil.
bflohockeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 12:56 PM
irisheyes555

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Isn't that it now? Doesn't that finalize the deal?
actually yes and no. the metro sports authority must approve the new lease portion of the deal which was a key sticking point in the negotiations between the mayor and the freeman group(and what took so long). when and if the MSA approves the change in the lease then it must go before the metro nashville council. so if the either of these groups vote the lease down then the new ownership will be left with a lease that they don't want and negotatied hard to change. doubt seriously that the new owners would just shrug it off. so yes there are new owners, but they may be unhappy with the old landlords and may look to move the team if the can't get a new lease. that being said i doubt these it would get held up if the mayor has already got the deal done.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 01:01 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyes555 View Post
actually yes and no. the metro sports authority must approve the new lease portion of the deal which was a key sticking point in the negotiations between the mayor and the freeman group(and what took so long). when and if the MSA approves the change in the lease then it must go before the metro nashville council. so if the either of these groups vote the lease down then the new ownership will be left with a lease that they don't want and negotatied hard to change. doubt seriously that the new owners would just shrug it off. so yes there are new owners, but they may be unhappy with the old landlords and may look to move the team if the can't get a new lease. that being said i doubt these it would get held up if the mayor has already got the deal done.
Then the onus would be on them to sell it. They are now the legal owners of the team. They're not completely comfortable with that until the council holds its votes, but yes, they do officially own the team.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 01:26 PM
irisheyes555

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
Then the onus would be on them to sell it. They are now the legal owners of the team. They're not completely comfortable with that until the council holds its votes, but yes, they do officially own the team.
don't know if they offically own the preds yet. all the ducks are in a row(at least on the NHL side), but i still don't think liepold has seen that big bounce in his account just yet. of course i think that will happen in the next day or so.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 02:10 PM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
But without the change in the lease, the old lease is still in effect. So, without 14,000 paid this year, they can leave at the end of the season.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 02:38 PM
Hockeyrules1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
You know, I was trying to remember which side of that debate you were on. Personally, I'm a huge Wolf*Pack fan even though I left Connecticut in 2004. I was really riled up by the whole battle this summer and remember teaming up with you in some great posting wars against GWhale over the whole issue too.

Personally, I wouldn't mind the NHL going back to Hartford...as long as it was under the right conditions. I don't want a current franchise moved to Hartford or anywhere else for that matter. And in the meantime, I really think that MSG has provided a quality hockey product in Hartford. It is truly disappointing that they don't get the support they deserve in terms of ticket sales. I was in town during the first few days of Wolf*Pack training camp this fall and returned to the HCC during the open practice session. It was great to see Kenny Gernander on the ice still...even though he is wearing the whistle around his neck now and I really think that between Schoenfield and Gernander that the Wolf*Pack have a bright future ahead of them.

Good luck in whatever hockey passion you pursue and again...GO Wolf*Pack!!!
My opinion....I've lived in Hartford for the past 5 years and I can honestly tell you, the city is mainly a 9-5 city. The city is practically dead on the weekends, unless you're hitting up a restaurant, club/bar.

Let's face it, Hartford isn't a hockey city and never will be. Yet, it probably doesn't even rank up the list as a professional sports town. Personally, I'd rather see something in Boston or NY, than Hartford.

If that's all what you guys care about in Hartford is whether the NHL is returning or not, you need to really consider finding yourself a life. Who friggin cares what happens.

I've moved away from hockey and am focusing on what's important in my life...job, my fiance, financial.

Hockeyrules1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 03:08 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyrules1982 View Post
My opinion....I've lived in Hartford for the past 5 years and I can honestly tell you, the city is mainly a 9-5 city. The city is practically dead on the weekends, unless you're hitting up a restaurant, club/bar.

Let's face it, Hartford isn't a hockey city and never will be. Yet, it probably doesn't even rank up the list as a professional sports town. Personally, I'd rather see something in Boston or NY, than Hartford.

If that's all what you guys care about in Hartford is whether the NHL is returning or not, you need to really consider finding yourself a life. Who friggin cares what happens.

I've moved away from hockey and am focusing on what's important in my life...job, my fiance, financial.
Welcome to the boards. I really don't want to turn this into a Hartford debate. I moved to Nashville in July 2004 and really haven't looked back too hard. HartfordHockeyFan is a Wolf*Pack fan, as am I, but I'm also a hardcore Predators fan now too.

Long live Nashville Predators Hockey!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 06:41 AM
handtrick

Getting closer.

http://e-paper.nashvillecitypaper.co...=Ar00901&BP=OK

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2007, 06:38 AM
handtrick

Funding source identified to Metro.

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/news.php?viewStory=58187

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2008, 10:36 AM
David_99

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/nas080119.html

Do you guys think you'll make the average attendance requirements? If not has the new ownership given any indication that it is focused on staying here?

Thanks & good luck!

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 12:03 AM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/nas080119.html

Do you guys think you'll make the average attendance requirements? If not has the new ownership given any indication that it is focused on staying here?

Thanks & good luck!

Honestly, no. I don't think we are gonna hit 14,000 paid. In fact I doubt we will hit 13,125 paid, which is what we need for a Full revenue sharing check.

Ownership wants it to work here. I truly believe that. Basically the head guy ( or spokesman) came out in a city paper today saying it's frustrating because the same people are there every game. The diehards are there but he's havign a hard time attracting new fans. With the lease that the owenership group signed if they get out before 3 years they have to pay a substantial amount of money. I'm pretty sure they have to pay something if they try to get out after 4 years as well. I will guess they will give 3 to 5 years to see if it works. At this point I would lean more towards three.

Honestly I think every Pred fan knows deep down that sooner than later they are leaving. It's nothing to be ashamed of as Fans did just about everything they could to save this team. Personally I'm just going to enjoy the Preds while they are here. I don't think this area will trulely accept hockey as their own it seems. If Freeman and Co. can attract Coroporate support and it ends up working here I will be estatic, but I'm not getting my hopes up to say the least

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Paincakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Honestly, no. I don't think we are gonna hit 14,000 paid. In fact I doubt we will hit 13,125 paid, which is what we need for a Full revenue sharing check.

Ownership wants it to work here. I truly believe that. Basically the head guy ( or spokesman) came out in a city paper today saying it's frustrating because the same people are there every game. The diehards are there but he's havign a hard time attracting new fans. With the lease that the owenership group signed if they get out before 3 years they have to pay a substantial amount of money. I'm pretty sure they have to pay something if they try to get out after 4 years as well. I will guess they will give 3 to 5 years to see if it works. At this point I would lean more towards three.

Honestly I think every Pred fan knows deep down that sooner than later they are leaving. It's nothing to be ashamed of as Fans did just about everything they could to save this team. Personally I'm just going to enjoy the Preds while they are here. I don't think this area will trulely accept hockey as their own it seems. If Freeman and Co. can attract Coroporate support and it ends up working here I will be estatic, but I'm not getting my hopes up to say the least
I agree with most of your post, but I do think we will hit the revenue sharing mark at least. The ownership group has only had the team for a few months, I would like to wait and see if the lease changes are approved first, then see how they do over the course of the next year or so before I can truly feel that the end is nigh. At this point I don't know what to think. It might work, or it might not. I will do what I can but it is all up to the owners to get more people to want to come to games and get the corporations interested. I'll do what I can but if we don't succeed then I won't blame myself.

Paincakes is offline   Reply With Quote