Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT-Celtics talk here

Old
11-29-2007, 10:14 PM
Bourque7799

vCash: 500
Anyone see Garnett's post game interview with Chuck Swager or whoever, he absolutely **** on him for wearing a hideous suit. I was dying laughing.

Bourque7799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 06:40 AM
Slick

So it turns out the Boston owning New York train didn't reach the station in October after all...it's still rolling!

Slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 03:32 PM
neelynugs

congrats to the celtics - i heard they're playing well this year! i haven't seen a basketball game in about 12 years - is kenny anderson still playing?

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 09:26 PM
Goalie27*

Send a message via AIM to Goalie27*
Anyone else watching the Celtics-Heat game? The Celtics are in the process of blowing a 22 point 4th quarter lead. They're still up by 9, but that's a 13 point difference from the start of the quarter. 2:05 left in the game and the C's have been getting their ***** handed to them this quarter.

Goalie27* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 09:36 PM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie27 View Post
Anyone else watching the Celtics-Heat game? The Celtics are in the process of blowing a 22 point 4th quarter lead. They're still up by 9, but that's a 13 point difference from the start of the quarter. 2:05 left in the game and the C's have been getting their ***** handed to them this quarter.
51 seconds left...Celts up 10...last time I checked, they just add up the scores in the 4 quarters and the team with the highest total wins??? Any time a team is up that much headed into the final quarter, the tendency is to relax a bit.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 09:37 PM
Goalie27*

Celts hold the fort, final score is 95-85. They improve to 13-2, Heat fall to 4-11.

Lakers-Jazz up next, should be a good one.

Old
11-30-2007, 09:38 PM
Goalie27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
51 seconds left...Celts up 10...last time I checked, they just add up the scores in the 4 quarters and the team with the highest total wins??? Any time a team is up that much headed into the final quarter, the tendency is to relax a bit.
The way they were playing, Miami had a chance to tie it up. Last time they played they went on a 15-0 run and took the game down to the wire. The C's barely made it out of that one, luckily they played better tonight.

Old
11-30-2007, 09:41 PM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
The way they were playing, Miami had a chance to tie it up. Last time they played they went on a 15-0 run and took the game down to the wire. The C's barely made it out of that one, luckily they played better tonight.
I suppose. Reminds me of the B's game last night...nowhere near as close as the score indicated. TT gave up a bad goal short side and Jokinen gets a fortuitous bounce to get within one late, but the game was never in doubt imo.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 10:30 PM
bruins309
Krejci Fight Club

Not that anybody here saw much of it, but the Celtics played fantastic tonight against the Bulls. Playing back to back nights they go out to Chicago and win handily because they took over the game in the third quarter. For some reason, they are just DESTROYING teams in the 3rd.

And on another note: Al Jefferson had 32 points and 20 rebounds for the T'Wolves as they upset the Suns. I just don't want the Minnesota fans to feel like they got completely jobbed on the Garnett deal....

bruins309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 08:41 PM
acr*

Anyone watching this game? It's epic.

Down 6 in the last minute, Ray Allen made a miracle 3 to tie it, then Tony Allen stole one from Billups on a game winnign drive attempt. Celts ball with 5 seconds left.

Pistons win after Tony Allen fouls Billups for no freaking reason with 0.1 seconds left. Ugh.

acr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 08:45 PM
Causeway
Formerly Monti46

Send a message via AIM to Causeway Send a message via Skype™ to Causeway
The refs in the NBA are terrible, I noticed this watching the game. We don't realize how lucky we have it!

Causeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 08:46 PM
dabid

Unbelievable.

dabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 08:48 PM
acr*

They would've won handily if Paul Pierce wasn't a ballhog, throwing up bad angle shot after bad angle shot instead of using his teammates.

He's like Phil Kessel, except if his linemates were Kovalchuk and Lecavalier.

acr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 08:50 PM
Causeway
Formerly Monti46

Send a message via AIM to Causeway Send a message via Skype™ to Causeway
Quote:
Originally Posted by acr View Post
They would've won handily if Paul Pierce wasn't a ballhog, throwing up bad angle shot after bad angle shot instead of using his teammates.

He's like Phil Kessel, except if his linemates were Kovalchuk and Lecavalier.
I noticed this, too.

Causeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 08:51 PM
Bruinaholic

Send a message via AIM to Bruinaholic
Quote:
Anyone watching this game? It's epic.

Down 6 in the last minute, Ray Allen made a miracle 3 to tie it, then Tony Allen stole one from Billups on a game winnign drive attempt. Celts ball with 5 seconds left.

Pistons win after Tony Allen fouls Billups for no freaking reason with 0.1 seconds left. Ugh.
im surprised they didnt look over the time and see if some should be put on the clock, celts were out of time outs so they had to inbound from the other end so i guess its moot...

why the F did they have Tony Allen go cover Billups, i would had Posey out there becuase it was gonna be a jump shot situation and not a drive where Billups speed would have been tougher for Posey to defend

Pisses me off that the Celts have lost all three of there games vs the stronger teams in the East(Orlando-CLeveland now Detroit)

Bruinaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 09:28 PM
CamDegs13
Nose Face Killah

I still think the Magic are the best team in the East, even though they have been cold as of late. With Dwight Howard, Jameer Nelson, Rashard Lewis, Turkoglu and Bogans, I think this is one of the more underrated teams, not really being looked at because of the Pistons, Celtics and Cavs stealing the spotlight. Dwight Howard is easily one of the better players in the league already, also very underrated.

CamDegs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 10:43 PM
Sweeney32*

Send a message via MSN to Sweeney32* Send a message via Yahoo to Sweeney32*
The Celts were outplayed most of the 2nd half and would have lost the game by more if it wasn't for some miracle shooting..... They didn't have anyone to cover Billups that was the problem.... he owned the Celts that and they gave up wide open 3 point looks ALL night.... Detroit is still the better team, but the gap isn't much..... I would bet in a 6 game set they would split.

Great game for sure....... can't put all the blame on Pierce he had a bad shooting night, but they got NOTHING from the bench at all.... that is the problem..... still their defense for the most part was great, problem is so was the Pistons..... Detroit is still the class of the East, but these are gonna be some fantastic games between eachother for a while to come!

Sweeney32* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2007, 10:44 PM
Sweeney32*

Send a message via MSN to Sweeney32* Send a message via Yahoo to Sweeney32*
Quote:
Not Allen's fault, beautiful ball fake by Billups to deak Allen into jumping.... iffy foul call though at that stage of the game.

Sweeney32* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2007, 01:12 AM
Bruinaholic

Send a message via AIM to Bruinaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeney32 View Post
Not Allen's fault, beautiful ball fake by Billups to deak Allen into jumping.... iffy foul call though at that stage of the game.
very true on both points...
Allen had to figure Billups was gonna shot considering there was such little time on the clock,not time for a fake and a shot

Bruinaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2007, 06:32 AM
bruins309
Krejci Fight Club

Quote:
Gotta love the NBA. The shooter dives into the defender and the defender gets called for the foul. Not like Chauncey would have done that as part of a natural shooting motion.....

But it's going to be ok. And the all time home record of the 1985-86 Celtics remains safe.... (40-1 reg. season, 10-0 playoffs)

Old
12-20-2007, 07:24 AM
hckyguy14

Send a message via Yahoo to hckyguy14
I am not a basketball fan at all, but I found myself watching that game and routing for the Celtics like I was a die-hard.

It was a very entertaining game.

And I know the announcers are homers, but from someone not knowing much about the game, where the refs really as bad as they seemed? Or is that constant around the NBA?

hckyguy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2007, 07:45 AM
Goalie27*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyguy14 View Post
I am not a basketball fan at all, but I found myself watching that game and routing for the Celtics like I was a die-hard.

And I know the announcers are homers, but from someone not knowing much about the game, where the refs really as bad as they seemed? Or is that constant around the NBA?
The refs always suck.

The Celtics should have put that game away early, they fell apart in the 3rd and 4th, despite staying close. They have the ability to be a much better team than that.

Old
12-20-2007, 07:47 AM
bruins309
Krejci Fight Club

Quote:
The refs always suck.
I loved the play where Kendrick Perkins missed the shot and was fouled, but they didn't blow the whistle until after the ball rebounded to Detroit. I just assumed the referees were Dave Jackson and Paul Devorski....

Old
12-20-2007, 07:57 AM
RupBoysDad
@Rupboysdad

Quote:
Not Allen's fault because he shouldn't have been put in that position. They had the ball with 5.1 left on the clock and took too quick of a shot. They should have made sure that Detriot didn't get the ball back because they would score. Bad clock management.

RupBoysDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2007, 07:59 AM
RupBoysDad
@Rupboysdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyguy14 View Post

That seems to be the way all the Pistons games are called. They tend to get a lot more calls because they are an established team. Plus, if you watched it on FSN or Comcast or whatever it is called now, Tommy constantly complains about the ref like they are supposed to ref the game from the days when he played/coached. Sometimes he is right, usually he is just whining.

RupBoysDad is offline   Reply With Quote