HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Patrick Sharp: Career 30 point guy or late bloomer?

Old
11-25-2007, 09:24 AM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

vCash: 500
Heard he's out with the flu... any comments from teh coach / ETA on his return?

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2007, 02:23 AM
TOML

After seeing the Hawks the past couple of games, it's Kane and Toews that run the offense. But they aren't quite tough enough to play 1st line minutes for a whole season. Give them a couple years, and they'll be awesome. Think Lecavalier and St. Louis.

When Havlat comes back, though, the Hawks are pretty decent right now.

If i were the Hawks, i'd trade Tuomo Ruutu. He looks like he'll never be a consistent threat out there. And he's been given too many chances to stay healthy for a season.

Was wondering what went wrong with Samsonov. But then after seeing him, i know why. He's a freakin' midget.

Lang is playing decent hockey.

Sharp is as streaky as it gets. Invisible the past couple games. But so has most of the team.

Khabibulin and Lalime are great.

Seabrook looks fine. blah blah blah

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2007, 08:44 AM
not dominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
Sharp is as streaky as it gets. Invisible the past couple games. But so has most of the team.
Its easy to be invisible when you're out with the flu. In the games before he went down he was nearly our entire offense.

not dominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2007, 05:52 PM
kris
No JDru for TB - yet

Watched the game vs. the Nucks last night, and the player who stood out to me most was Dustin Byfuglien. He looks a little awkward at times but he seems to make smart decisions and has a rocket from the point. Is he a potential PP QB, or is him playing PP time due to the fact Chicago doesn't have many offensive minded D-men?

Samsonov and Lang actually looked like they had some chemistry, more than he could say playing with Montreal. Kane and Toews deserve the hype, and man, Duncan Keith is a good defenceman.

kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2007, 09:58 PM
Ezflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris View Post
Watched the game vs. the Nucks last night, and the player who stood out to me most was Dustin Byfuglien. He looks a little awkward at times but he seems to make smart decisions and has a rocket from the point. Is he a potential PP QB, or is him playing PP time due to the fact Chicago doesn't have many offensive minded D-men?
He's played a few good games and a couple of bad ones. Is at his best when he is playing physical. And to answer your question yes and yes. But actually our D men have been very productive this year.

Ezflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2007, 09:53 AM
Reign Nateo

Patrick Sharp is a player I've had my eye on since his Philly days. A lot of skill and one of the most aware players on the ice. I agree with most that has been said about him, but I do think there is a lot of untapped potential remaining for Sharp. He should develop into one of the offensive catalysts for the Hawks, if they don't consider him to be already...

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 11:40 PM
CN_paladin

Will Sharp be able to keep up his current pace? Is he gonna score many more SHGs? Thanks in advance.

CN_paladin is offline   Reply With Quote