HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Go Preds Go!!!

Old
11-29-2007, 09:02 PM
HockeyF3ind

vCash: 500
Go Preds Go!!!

Hey Pred fans.....

I'm a Habs/Leafs fan, and I have to say that watching you guys make the Sens think they tied it with 50 seconds left, and then getting another 6th go ahead goal. ****IN AWESOME!!!!! GO PREDS GO!!!

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2007, 09:04 PM
PeterAngelo
Adopt-a-stray today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyF3ind View Post
Hey Pred fans.....

I'm a Habs/Leafs fan, and I have to say that watching you guys make the Sens think they tied it with 50 seconds left, and then getting another 6th go ahead goal. ****IN AWESOME!!!!! GO PREDS GO!!!
hell yeah, thanks for the enthusiasm! what a great game What a great way to wrap up Movember.

PeterAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2007, 09:04 PM
Paincakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyF3ind View Post
Hey Pred fans.....

**** yeah.

Paincakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2007, 09:07 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
That was awesome.

The Alfredsson goal should have never happened. He clearly slashed Hamhuis from the angle I saw on the Sens broadcast, which made Hamhuis lose control of the puck. Should have been a penalty.

See you guys Saturday.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2007, 09:13 PM
Jarnberg

Wow, what a game indeed.

Huge win for our club. Hopefully this carries over through the rest of the games on the road trip.

Can't be happy with the team allowing the Sens to tie it up like that.

Ottawa is a really good team. Despite some defensive errors and bad breaks, they still were able to tie the game up and almost grab at least one point out of it.

Our defense needs to clear guys out in front of the net better. That was easily the root of a few Senators goals tonight.

Anyway, great victory. Glad to see the offense pick it up (even if they had some help from the defenders ).

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2007, 09:22 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Props to your guys in never giving up in that one.

I noticed when the puck dropped after Alfie's goal that the Preds were motoring even after giving up that game-tying goal, while the Ottawa players were standing around as if all of the time was up.

That's the kind of determination you need to win hockey games in the NHL these days. Parity is such that you can't take shifts off or you end up losing.

Kudos to your team in a hard-fought game.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2007, 09:43 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

That goes in my books as one of our top 5 most exciting games of all time.

We made our mistakes, but you can finally see a system\identity in this team...not just the maddening "home-run pass\cross-crease hijinks" of years passed.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2007, 09:46 PM
Pred303

yawn.. just another ho hum win.. glad i could stay awake

an amazing game.. the unbelievable highs, the mind numbing lows.. a game for the ages for this franchise in terms of sheer excitement... i've seen us play far better, but i've never seen us play harder and with more determination.. had to be a knife in the heart if you are a senator fan..

...erat was an absolute monster out there. hard to believe the hockey this kid is playing these last 12 games. he easily could have had 6 assists and 3 goals in this one. just completely dominating.
...of course, dumont was as good himself. what a clutch steal, in a game where him and erat kept skating, even when ottawa had pretty well stopped to congratulate themselves for tieing it up..

what an unlikely night for a team that was 3-10 when we give up as many as only three goals... to give up 5 and win, stunning

...to have three goals scored by defensemen. when in the first 22 games we only only scored 4 total

...the meszaros kick in goal for gelinas. wow. great center by tootoo though to cause it.

... them tieing that late, and then sending out a 4th liner mcammond to kill off the last few seconds and him make that horrible of a turnover to dumont... stupefying almost

...bonk and hamhuis.. both -3's.. and bonk played fairly well honestly

...hamhuis slashed badly on that turnover that led to their tieing goal.. but you knew a penalty wasn't going to be called then, not in that situation..

what can you say?.. a great win.. a great effort.. as wild a game as one will ever see.. this was exactly the up and down type of game they hoped they'd see every night when they put in the new rules.. a game that reminded me of how wild it used to be back in the early 80's, best way i can describe it

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2007, 10:13 PM
arbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
Props to your guys in never giving up in that one.

I noticed when the puck dropped after Alfie's goal that the Preds were motoring even after giving up that game-tying goal, while the Ottawa players were standing around as if all of the time was up.

That's the kind of determination you need to win hockey games in the NHL these days. Parity is such that you can't take shifts off or you end up losing.

Kudos to your team in a hard-fought game.
Yep. You guys deserved the win tonight.

arbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 12:19 AM
SP

YOU COULDN'T HAVE WAITED A FEW SECONDS SO WE COULD GET A POINT AND SALVAGE SOME RESPECTABILITY???

*******s.

SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 01:18 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tooth Grin View Post
YOU COULDN'T HAVE WAITED A FEW SECONDS SO WE COULD GET A POINT AND SALVAGE SOME RESPECTABILITY???

*******s.
Yeah. St. Louis did the same to Buffalo yesterday.
Damn those "weak Central teams".

Seriously, I thought you guys were gonna be in trouble with some key guys off the team and after a slow(ish) start.
Kudos to Trotz and the team, and nice to see Erat getting some big numbers this year.

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 01:31 AM
fielding

Incredible game tonight. The tempo was pedal to the metal the whole time and that last minute was just amazing!

fielding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 01:38 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Wow what a game! Not for a Sens fan, but for Preds/hockey fans this was great. This is why hockey is exciting, a goal in the first minute and 2 in the last minute! Such drama, lol.

Love how we kept coming back after every Sens goal. And capitalizing on mistakes and bounces, too.

Great night for Dumont, Erat, and Arnott.

Dumont was the "Performer of the Night" on On the Fly's show and NHL.com's 2nd Star of the night!

Too many times letting Sens get shots from in the slot, and too dangerous of players doing the shooting. A little lax on D, esp. to allow Alfredsson to just walk out from the wall and score.

Nice goal by Suter, I thought at first he did it with one hand but that was a nice backhand anyway.

Can't believe we got 3 D goals, we only had 4 all year before the game!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 02:54 AM
predfan24

Wow what an amazing game!! Before I make my next comments I want to give this disclaimer: I am in no way insinuating that the preds are better than the senators. Senators playing their best would beat a preds team playing their best. I as a preds fan can admit this. The senators are an elite team and it's easy to see with the talent they put out there they will be destroying teams once again vey soon. A team that good can't stay in a funk for too long. anyways...

I'm so exicted this game was played on canadian TV against a eastern confernce team that barely knows us. Ever since the summer we have seemed to be the team that is moving and the team that lost all of it's good players. I think we showed we still have a pretty good team here. After our 6 game losing streak this team has been a totally differnt monster. I don't know who spoke up to get this thing turned around but the response has been incredible. Were not the most talented team in the league and we are not gonna be at the top of the standings but we are gonna be very competive. Erat has been a FN monster out there and he's finally putting all of his skills together and becoming more consistent. And they say more goals doesn't equal more fun. That was good old time wide open hockey right there. I don't think trotz wanted to play that way but with the way the sens were attacking I don't think we had a choice.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 03:11 AM
SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Wow what an amazing game!! Before I make my next comments I want to give this disclaimer: I am in no way insinuating that the preds are better than the senators. Senators playing their best would beat a preds team playing their best. I as a preds fan can admit this. The senators are an elite team and it's easy to see with the talent they put out there they will be destroying teams once again vey soon. A team that good can't stay in a funk for too long. anyways...
That was the best game the Sens have played in quite a while. Defensive coverage wasn't great, neither was the goaltending (but it wasn't awful). Our big line was on tonight, and usually, that's enough.

It's not like the Sens didn't show up for this game, the Preds deserve a lot of credit.

SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 05:46 AM
Roger Explosion

Just watched the highlights, looked like an exciting game.

Whats the deal with giving up late tying or winning goals recently?

Roger Explosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 07:51 AM
leafs in five

i knew i should have gone to this game! i'm not a sen hater by any stretch but i was so happy when erat got the winner. like someone said already, you're probably not going to get that slashing call on alfredsson with 50 seconds left but you had to feel bad for hamhuis - i mean what's he supposed to do there? so i'm glad the preds ended up winning it for him, and i'm glad it was erat cuz i have him on two fantasy teams.

leafs in five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 08:13 AM
handtrick

One of the most exciting games I have seen for a while, just as a pure hockey fan....props to both teams....great game.

Some observations:

Don't underestimate the effect of Volchenkov being out the rest of the game after that first blocked shot that lead to Hamhuis's goal with a hand injury....he is their rock back there, much like Zanon is to us, but even more talented at what he does.

As much as Erat dominated out there....JP Dumont may have played his best game as a Predator.....he was directly responsible for the 1st, 2nd, and game winning goal as well as shooting in the third one with a perfectly placed shot and a quick release. His only lapse was on corvo's goal as he was caught down low when Corvo walked in unmolested.

Give major kudos for bonk's line holding down maybe the best line in hockey for 2 1/2 periods....they will probably not get the credit they deserve for this one.

Ellis played a decent game for giving up 5 goals....none of those shots that he gave up were gimmmes.
-Corvo pefectly placed blast while he was being screened.....
-Vermette's rebound goal may have been the one he wants back....if he holds onto the rebound of Robitaille's shot, this one doesn't go in.
-Heatley's ...this one was unstoppable for any goalie
-Spezza's beautiful tip deflection as that one was heading wide....Ellis had no chance.
-alfredson's that was just a goal scorer's goal.....off both posts and in point blank....pretty shot

We may look back at this game as the defining game of the season.....

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 08:45 AM
Indy on the Road
From the ground up

Do the league a favour and split up Dumont and Erat please.

Indy on the Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 09:51 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Preds looked good last night for the most part.

Out of curiosity who is manning the PP more these days... Weber or Suter? I saw Weber had a few assists right after he came back from injury but didn't notice if he's been on the PP at all. What's the scoop there, is he basically back to the top of your D depth chart or are they easing him back in with relatively few minutes still?

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 10:05 AM
lugnut76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
Preds looked good last night for the most part.

Out of curiosity who is manning the PP more these days... Weber or Suter? I saw Weber had a few assists right after he came back from injury but didn't notice if he's been on the PP at all. What's the scoop there, is he basically back to the top of your D depth chart or are they easing him back in with relatively few minutes still?

Zidlicky

lugnut76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 10:30 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

So Weber is basically on the 2nd unit / not getting much PP time, eh? Well as long as he stays healthy. He's a lot of fun to watch and he's only going to get better. You guys are lucky to have him.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2007, 12:52 PM
TK 421
Donut Squad

vCash: 758
Blues fan here, your boys just won me a lot of vcash vs. Ottawa. On a serious note, I'm a big believer in the Preds and Barry Trotz and I'm happy for you guys. I feel Barry has a lineup now more suited to his coaching style than last year, and that it will pay dividends the rest of the season for you guys. Also think that Bonk is a great fit for Barrys style, kudos to Poile for recognizing this and bringing him in.

Almost forgot, BIG CONGRATS on the team being sold. As a Blues fan I really can empathize with the situation you guys were in. My teams' been in St.Louis for 40 years and the thought of them going somewhere else was enough to make me want to kill something. Here's to some great Preds/Blues matchups in the future.

Last edited by TK 421: 11-30-2007 at 01:07 PM.
TK 421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2007, 09:33 AM
HuetIs39

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK 421 View Post
Blues fan here, your boys just won me a lot of vcash vs. Ottawa. On a serious note, I'm a big believer in the Preds and Barry Trotz and I'm happy for you guys. I feel Barry has a lineup now more suited to his coaching style than last year, and that it will pay dividends the rest of the season for you guys. Also think that Bonk is a great fit for Barrys style, kudos to Poile for recognizing this and bringing him in.

Almost forgot, BIG CONGRATS on the team being sold. As a Blues fan I really can empathize with the situation you guys were in. My teams' been in St.Louis for 40 years and the thought of them going somewhere else was enough to make me want to kill something. Here's to some great Preds/Blues matchups in the future.
Your vCash scares the **** out of me!

HuetIs39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2007, 10:04 AM
Pattypred

I was at this game and it was exciting and heartbreaking throughout the entire game.

When the Senators tired it up with 50 seconds to go, my heart dropped. When Erat made that goal with 20 seconds left, I almost could NOT get my breath back. Awesome. I got a great picture of the goal celebration but I know it will NOT be able to capture the guys' faces. It was an awesome sight.

Wow. What a game! What a city! And, more importantly, all the people that I met in Ottawa - thank you for your hospitality and most definitely your hockey talk. That was absolutely wonderful.

I am certainly planning another trip to beautiful Ottawa.

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote