HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

How to turn two summer hot topics into one ugly winter snowstorm

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-03-2007, 06:46 PM
  #1
SpreeEndaz
Registered User
 
SpreeEndaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Around MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,541
vCash: 500
How to turn two summer hot topics into one ugly winter snowstorm

---------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: THIS THREAD IS NOT SUITED FOR PEOPLE WITH A WEAK SARCASM-O-METER, READER'S DISCRETION IS ADVISED
---------------------------------------------------------------

Since the Habs is doing so badly lately and are trailing a big 4 points to the conference leaders, people started wittingly noticing that we are missing offense. But, what is the source of all this offensive plague ? Bad drafting ? No trades ? Think again; it's because of our GM ignoring all the Quebecers on the free agency.

Two years ago, we signed some guy named Sergei Samsonov when an elite superstar from our province was available; Jean-Pierre Dumont. The season went by and Samsonov proved Gainey that he made a terrible decision; Jean-Pierre Dumont was tearing the league apart with the Predators. You think that's all? Wrong ! When we tought that Daniel Briere was 20 minutes of being an Habs, we learn that he signed a fat-*** contract in Philly because he had friends there.

Nevertheless, guess who was a teammate of Briere in Buffalo ? Jean-Pierre Dumont ! If we went for the little Quebecer, we would have a Briere-Dumont tandem instead of a, well, no one. Not only that but we traded our only french canadian offensive threat who had more than 60 points for a has-been defenseman. Instead of trying to bring guys from our nation here, Bob traded them away for peanuts. So, the question is, do you prefer:

Latendresse - Briere - Dumont
Ryder - Koivu - Kovalev
Higgins - Ribeiro - Kostitsyn
Plekanec - Chipchura - Lapierre

or

Higgins - Koivu - Streit
Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev
.... 6 pieces of junk

Also, I couldn't plug the following in my rant but I want to share my point of view: Huet sucks, Ryder+Halak and a 2nd for Lecavalier, fire Carbo, fire Bob, hire Carbo as a GM, hire Ryder a coach, fire Muller, hire Muller as a RW, call up Lapierre, send down Grabovski, call up Sergei Kostitsyn, Fischer will bust, Jokinen trade proposal, Bertuzzi trade proposal, buyout Smolinski's contract and reminiscing Hainsey, Beauchemin and Hossa.


Last edited by SpreeEndaz: 12-03-2007 at 06:57 PM.
SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2007, 06:54 PM
  #2
Charley_5054
Registered User
 
Charley_5054's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,117
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Charley_5054
All i can say is

followed by

Charley_5054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2007, 06:55 PM
  #3
La Grosse Tendresse
Registered User
 
La Grosse Tendresse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Rouyn-Noranda
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,470
vCash: 500
All you say is true.

La Grosse Tendresse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2007, 06:56 PM
  #4
SpreeEndaz
Registered User
 
SpreeEndaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Around MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEEB View Post
All you say is true.
I hope you are not really thinking that; I could give you a couple of good reasons why my post makes no sense.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2007, 06:58 PM
  #5
Booky
 
Booky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 249
vCash: 500
Didnt get it... UNTIL i saw the sarcasm smiley...
It changed everything

Booky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2007, 07:24 PM
  #6
SpreeEndaz
Registered User
 
SpreeEndaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Around MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booky View Post
Didnt get it... UNTIL i saw the sarcasm smiley...
It changed everything
I thought the warning in cap-lock was a good hint too.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2007, 07:45 PM
  #7
Geester76
Registered User
 
Geester76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
I thought the warning in cap-lock was a good hint too.
For that one we should hire you for GM. Than you will be fire and than hire as player and finally get bench warmer before being fire in the summer. Do I have to do

Geester76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2007, 08:01 PM
  #8
Booky
 
Booky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
I thought the warning in cap-lock was a good hint too.
Bad habbit, i skip those when i read them.
Thought you were gonna post some porn though...
Was disapointed Spree, disapointed indeed.

Anyway back to my books.

Booky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2007, 08:32 PM
  #9
kdawg3522
 
kdawg3522's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
Also, I couldn't plug the following in my rant but I want to share my point of view: Huet sucks, Ryder+Halak and a 2nd for Lecavalier, fire Carbo, fire Bob, hire Carbo as a GM, hire Ryder a coach, fire Muller, hire Muller as a RW, call up Lapierre, send down Grabovski, call up Sergei Kostitsyn, Fischer will bust, Jokinen trade proposal, Bertuzzi trade proposal, buyout Smolinski's contract and reminiscing Hainsey, Beauchemin and Hossa.
Well done.

kdawg3522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2007, 08:33 PM
  #10
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,579
vCash: 500
Muller for president of the world.

I Muller..



AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2007, 09:23 PM
  #11
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,625
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Aside from the fact that Dumont was let go by the Sabres after we had signed Samsonov.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2007, 09:54 PM
  #12
SpreeEndaz
Registered User
 
SpreeEndaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Around MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Aside from the fact that Dumont was let go by the Sabres after we had signed Samsonov.
But... but... Gainey could have known, he's a GM, it's his job to know this kind of stuff, if he didn't, we should fire him.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2007, 11:32 PM
  #13
Habitants
Registered User
 
Habitants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,164
vCash: 500
haha nice one. lol

... yeah your right gainey should be like psychic

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 12:16 AM
  #14
MarkovsKnee
Registered User
 
MarkovsKnee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,045
vCash: 500
Good one...actually that Higgins-Ribeiro-Kostitsyn line looks pretty sweet. I didn't much care for MickeyRibs, but we gave away a 60 point guy for nothing. It's not like we have such a great offence that we could afford to do that. A bad deal. Niinimaa wasn't worth anything other than a draft pick. I'm sure the Stars were looking to dump him and his contract.

Dumont was an arbitration decision by the Sabres. He was awarded what the Sabres thought was too much money so they walked away from it making Dumont a free agent in August...Habs had already signed Samsonov and didn't have a lot of cap room available to sign Dumont. Is he not a free agent again this summer? He's someone we should definitely look at.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 02:31 AM
  #15
Pere Noel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,438
vCash: 500

Everything you say is pretty much true... EXCEPT:

Dumont became available only AFTER Samsonov was signed.


So
  • It was not a decision between Samsonov and Dumont
  • We were stuck when Dumont became available



All that being said, I think the strategy of bringing a "friend" before trying to attract a UFA has some value.


Pere Noel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 02:56 AM
  #16
Jeffrey
Registered User
 
Jeffrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,579
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pere Noel View Post


All that being said, I think the strategy of bringing a "friend" before trying to attract a UFA has some value.

go get Prospal this summer ... to get you know who !

Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 05:56 AM
  #17
cootedawg
Registered User
 
cootedawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
But... but... Gainey could have known, he's a GM, it's his job to know this kind of stuff, if he didn't, we should fire him.
And replace him with Dumont.

Imagine? Instead of Gainey we could have Dumont!

cootedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 07:13 AM
  #18
Geester76
Registered User
 
Geester76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pere Noel View Post

Everything you say is pretty much true... EXCEPT:

Dumont became available only AFTER Samsonov was signed.


So
  • It was not a decision between Samsonov and Dumont
  • We were stuck when Dumont became available



All that being said, I think the strategy of bringing a "friend" before trying to attract a UFA has some value.


Hockey Players are so soft outside the ice. One example is Chris Pronger : My wife doesn't like Edmonton so I want to be trade somewhere else He is not able to say as a man: I don't like Edmonton I want to be trade.

Briere didn't want to come here because J.P. Dumont wasn't here. Give me a break. He could have said the tax in Quebec is too high. Which may be closer to the truth and we all know his agent may talk him to go to Philadelphia for better pay.

I don't say I hold the truth but gee hockey players are so afraid of the media and to hurt the fans they can't even say what they think. I pity them really they are overpaid kids because a real man doesn't fear to say what come to his mind.

Geester76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 08:32 AM
  #19
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,625
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Dumont is a UFA this season, he's a guy I wouldn't mind the Habs going after.. He can play on the top two lines, but he'd also be versatile enough to play the 3rd line. Plus being french should have all the francophones (who scream day after day for more french players, don't confuse me for Kalcon) untwist their panties just a little bit more.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 08:55 AM
  #20
Dynasty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
---------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: THIS THREAD IS NOT SUITED FOR PEOPLE WITH A WEAK SARCASM-O-METER, READER'S DISCRETION IS ADVISED
---------------------------------------------------------------

Since the Habs is doing so badly lately and are trailing a big 4 points to the conference leaders, people started wittingly noticing that we are missing offense. But, what is the source of all this offensive plague ? Bad drafting ? No trades ? Think again; it's because of our GM ignoring all the Quebecers on the free agency.

Two years ago, we signed some guy named Sergei Samsonov when an elite superstar from our province was available; Jean-Pierre Dumont. The season went by and Samsonov proved Gainey that he made a terrible decision; Jean-Pierre Dumont was tearing the league apart with the Predators. You think that's all? Wrong ! When we tought that Daniel Briere was 20 minutes of being an Habs, we learn that he signed a fat-*** contract in Philly because he had friends there.

Nevertheless, guess who was a teammate of Briere in Buffalo ? Jean-Pierre Dumont ! If we went for the little Quebecer, we would have a Briere-Dumont tandem instead of a, well, no one. Not only that but we traded our only french canadian offensive threat who had more than 60 points for a has-been defenseman. Instead of trying to bring guys from our nation here, Bob traded them away for peanuts. So, the question is, do you prefer:

Latendresse - Briere - Dumont
Ryder - Koivu - Kovalev
Higgins - Ribeiro - Kostitsyn
Plekanec - Chipchura - Lapierre

or

Higgins - Koivu - Streit
Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev
.... 6 pieces of junk

Also, I couldn't plug the following in my rant but I want to share my point of view: Huet sucks, Ryder+Halak and a 2nd for Lecavalier, fire Carbo, fire Bob, hire Carbo as a GM, hire Ryder a coach, fire Muller, hire Muller as a RW, call up Lapierre, send down Grabovski, call up Sergei Kostitsyn, Fischer will bust, Jokinen trade proposal, Bertuzzi trade proposal, buyout Smolinski's contract and reminiscing Hainsey, Beauchemin and Hossa.
Thanks for the good laugh!...By the way, is there a subliminal message being conveyed in your avatar?

Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 09:48 AM
  #21
SpreeEndaz
Registered User
 
SpreeEndaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Around MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty View Post
Thanks for the good laugh!...By the way, is there a subliminal message being conveyed in your avatar?
No, it's just the theme of this year's Habs avatars, company names.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 09:54 AM
  #22
Shabutie
Registered User
 
Shabutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ottawa
Country: Portugal
Posts: 15,640
vCash: 500
Well, those fantasy lines are certainly 10+ times better than ours.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 03:37 PM
  #23
sandman08
Registered User
 
sandman08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hyderabad, India
Country: India
Posts: 2,382
vCash: 500
if muller's going to be the president i vote for spree to become our backup goalie so carbo can be fired and spree can take over!

sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 03:47 PM
  #24
SpreeEndaz
Registered User
 
SpreeEndaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Around MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman08 View Post
if muller's going to be the president i vote for spree to become our backup goalie so carbo can be fired and spree can take over!
Then I'll hire you at 700k$, tell the world you're just a seventh defenseman, ignore the medias when they ask me if you are a friend of mine and put you magically on the first pair with Roman Hamrlik.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 03:56 PM
  #25
sandman08
Registered User
 
sandman08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hyderabad, India
Country: India
Posts: 2,382
vCash: 500
sweet!
thank ye kind sir!

sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.