HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

TSN: Niedermayer likely back; Ducks will trade a defenseman, Burke presser 6:30 PST

Old
12-04-2007, 09:00 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

vCash: 500
Beauchemin's cap hit is only 1.65 million.

If he is going the Ducks are getting something good in return.

O'Donnell's cap hit is 1.25 million. I don't think moving him would be enough because he would have to be replaced by another d-man making at least 500,000. Which reduces the cap number by only 750,000.

I really think Schneider is the one who has to go though. 5.5 million this season, 5.75million next season. Pucking moving top 4 d-man who can play a ton of minutes when healthy. Any teams interested?

McDonald19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 09:05 PM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
What's with the love fest for Beauchimen?
Relatively cheap #3 d-man who can play 30 minutes a night.

McDonald19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 09:08 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payaso619 View Post
I see what your trying to say, I didnt notice they had to many contracts intact but, saying Staal would be there 4th line center is ludacris.
If not who then? McDonald and Getzlaf are there top two. Neither play the wing. Pahlsson is the 3rd line checker. So unless Staal plays wing then hes 4th.

chaosrevolver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 09:11 PM
High Glove

I have a feeling McDonald is on his way out. He's looked pretty lousy this year without Teemu next to him. Only three goals. He could use the change of scenery and his cap number is big.

High Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 09:18 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19 View Post

O'Donnell's cap hit is 1.25 million. I don't think moving him would be enough because he would have to be replaced by another d-man making at least 500,000. Which reduces the cap number by only 750,000.

I really think Schneider is the one who has to go though. 5.5 million this season, 5.75million next season. Pucking moving top 4 d-man who can play a ton of minutes when healthy. Any teams interested?
If the cap aspects can be worked out, I think the Rangers would be interested depending on the asking price.

CM Lundqvist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 09:55 PM
Weird Fish

Send a message via AIM to Weird Fish
Campbell for Beauchemin?

Assuming that Niedermayer is coming back, Burke's going to be thinking towards gearing up for another Cup run. Therefore, he's going to be looking for a rental in a trade. And assuming that Beauchemin actually takes enough off Anaheim cap figure for next season, how about something like:

To Ana:
Brian Campbell

To Buf:
Francois Beauchemin

Thoughts?

Weird Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 10:02 PM
HalifaxHockey61
#50in15

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dood View Post
Assuming that Niedermayer is coming back, Burke's going to be thinking towards gearing up for another Cup run. Therefore, he's going to be looking for a rental in a trade. And assuming that Beauchemin actually takes enough off Anaheim cap figure for next season, how about something like:

To Ana:
Brian Campbell

To Buf:
Francois Beauchemin

Thoughts?
Ducks will not get rid of Beauchemin, Sutherby is a RFA next year and they could dump O'Donnell and let sutherby walk and that would be clearing the same amount of money but not be such a loss.

HalifaxHockey61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 10:12 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
I'm not sure if the Rangers and Ducks would make great trade partners due to the cap, but if the Ducks are looking to deal him east, the Rangers might be a team to look at. Mara, Baranka, 2nd rounder.

They could definitely use Schneider, and I honestly felt that he should have never been left unprotected in the expansion draft. We had other pieces of garbage that could have been let go.
Are you forgetting that we passed on him last summer?

Rangers would probably want Beauchemin. would Nigel Dawes + 3rd get it done?

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 10:29 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Is Avery View Post
Are you forgetting that we passed on him last summer?

Rangers would probably want Beauchemin. would Nigel Dawes + 3rd get it done?
Are you forgetting that we passed on nearly every defender available, and that our entire defensive unit consists of players who were either on the team or in the system from the last year and before? It's not like we went out and signed cheaper defensemen. Besides, Anaheim snatched him up right away.

Aren't you also forgetting that we spent 15 million on two centers, and proceeded to dump salary afterwards?

As for Nigel Dawes + 3rd, I wish we could get him for that.

Gonna take a lot more than that.

CM Lundqvist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 10:49 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Glove View Post
I have a feeling McDonald is on his way out. He's looked pretty lousy this year without Teemu next to him. Only three goals. He could use the change of scenery and his cap number is big.
Brendan Morrison + for Andy McDonald? Salaries are similar but gives the Ducks cap relief for next season and they could re-sign him in July.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 11:14 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Just put Marchant on waivers, someone would grab him.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 11:22 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Just put Marchant on waivers, someone would grab him.
Shh, apparently other people think they can rip the Ducks off. Let them fantasize.

snarktacular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 11:47 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19 View Post

I wholeheartedly agree with this. His return SHOULD be significant if he's moved.

His negative to me is only 1 more year under contract. Curious on Beauchemin....from a Duck's fans view....how good is he really? I watch a good amount of Ducks games after the east coast games are over and he makes some nice plays from time to time. I can't help but wonder though, how much of his success is tied to his defensive partner? Can he come to a team like Washington and pair with Tom Poti and be a #1 guy? If so...then the Caps should look to make this deal and make sure they take a good run at resigning the guy early if they can (his play the rest of this year pending).

Schneider makes more sense....but who really has the room to trade you back good /great prospects for little in salary cap hit....and pick up the kind of salary cap hit Schneider brings?? Your options are extremely limited there IMO.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 11:50 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by obobo23 View Post
Shh, apparently other people think they can rip the Ducks off. Let them fantasize.
As much as it pains me to say it, that **** aint happening any time soon.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2007, 12:39 AM
massivegoonery

I'd love Schneider on the Blackhawks. Something could be worked out, maybe Schneider ($5.625m, 2yrs) for Vandermeer ($1.225, pending UFA). Burke would free up $4.4m in cap room this year and next, which would enable him to re-sign Selanne. The Hawks would fit Schneider under the cap by waiving Samsonov. Anaheim might have to add a pick.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2007, 12:48 AM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by patsypostal View Post
The Islanders thought they were getting Schneider on July 1 and then the whole Niedermeyer thing happened and the Ducks jumped in
actually I think the player the Isles would deal would be Bergeron since he has the history of playing well with Pronger
Bergeron & Ana #2 (which Isles own) for Schneider
I thought the same thing. But they're not getting a second rounder. MAB for Schneider, straight up. Isles upgrade the D and PP significantly, Ducks free the cap space to upgrade their D as well.

Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2007, 01:07 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Why no love for Schneider? He is fairly expensive, but he's still a great d-man, and would be a #1 on many teams. IMO he's just what a team like Chicago needs.

That being said, the Ducks have absolutely no reason to deal him yet. They aren't in salary trouble this season, and won't be. There's also no way they deal Schneider when it's unlikely Nieds is coming back for more than half a year. And even if Nieds decides to do it, Burke can deal Schneider later. Considering how good he is, and that he only has a year left on his bid after this season, I'd think there are many teams that would trade for a guy like Schneider, like Chicago, the Isles, Columbus or another team needing a #1 defenseman.

Plus, Selanne shouldn't be affected by the tagging room thing either. It only affects guys who sign multi-year deals, and I have a better chance of signing a multi-year deal with the Ducks right now than he does. He's made it quite clear he's gonna take it year by year and only sign 1 year at a time.

Also, has anyone considered the cap might go up again? I don't know what attendence figures are like, if they're up or down or whatever, but I'd think merchandise sales(I think they count toward league revenues) should be through the roof. I mean, not only are jerseys more expensive, but all 30 teams have a new one. And a couple teams either have a new primary logo and/or color changes.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2007, 01:09 AM
Passchendaele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payaso619 View Post
Beauchemin + 1st + Logan MacMillan for J. Staal
overpayment from Anaheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Therrien View Post
Esposito, Christensen + 1st for Beauchemin.
overpayment from Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
TJ Hensick and 2 1sts for Beauchemin
overpayment from Colorado

Passchendaele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2007, 01:26 AM
Randall Graves*

I don't see Schneider being traded during the season. O'Donnell has played pretty well but he would be the first to go over the others, I would trade Beauchemin only if it was a pretty big return. He could probably produce more points elsewhere on a team where he'd get more PP time.

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2007, 01:27 AM
Markus078

I would consider this based on two trades from the Ducks, pure wish from my side .

To Chicago:
Beauchemin + AndyMac
To Ducks
Barker + Vandermeer + 2nd 08

To Devils:
Schneider + Edmontons 2nd
To Ducks:
Zajac

Zajac would give the Ducks a No. 2 Center. Vandermeer can give them a solid and cheaper D. and Barker can become the cornerstone of our future defense. This would clear up 8.5 mil. Enough to sign Perry and to resign the rest.

I know, this is unrealistic but I would like it from the Ducks side .

Sutherby - Getz - Perry
Kunitz - Zajac - Bert
Moen - Pahlsson - Nieds

Pronger - Vandermeer
Nieds - Barker
Huskins - O'Donnel

Looks good to me.

Markus078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2007, 01:33 AM
Flinch*

Aw, but I was looking to get more mileage out of this,

EDIT: What about,

McDonald & Beauchemin for,

Bieksa & Cooke?

Ducks get capspace, a young defenseman signed fairly inexpensively and a guy that Burke most likely has a man crush on and the Canucks get some top six help.

I'm thinking Anaheim could probably get something better than what I threw together, but hey, A for effort?

Flinch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2007, 02:03 AM
Agent007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Brendan Morrison + for Andy McDonald? Salaries are similar but gives the Ducks cap relief for next season and they could re-sign him in July.
That might make some sense.

McDonald has been a lot better then Morrison over the last two seasons but so far this year Morrison has more points then McDonald.

It makes sense as well since it gives Anaheim some cap space for next season to sign Perry to a long term deal.

Obviously Anaheim will try to trade one of their defencemen(most likely Schneider) but if they can't find a team willing to make a move then trading McDonald to Vancouver for Morrison makes sense IMO.

Just imagine these pairings:

Pronger-Neidermeyer
Beauchemin-Schneider
O'Donnell-Hnidy

No doubt about it the best blueline in the league.

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2007, 02:51 AM
Lunatik*

i think you could see a couple players move... and I don't think Beauchamin will be one because I don't think his salary is high enough to make the difference... but i think a combination of O'Donnell & Marchant could do the trick... and the deal(s) could very easily be for pending UFAs as the Ducks still have to re-sign Perry... I also would not rule a McDonald deal out as Getzlaf has easily become the Ducks #1 center... and with the recent acquisition of Sutherby the Ducks are very deep down the middle...

perhaps something like this could work?...

To Calgary: Andy McDonald & Kent Huskins
To Anaheim: Kristian Huselius, Mark Giordano (his rights) and a conditional 2nd in 2008... the condition being they get the 2nd round pick if Huselius walks (which he likely would)... and a 3rd if he re-signs

this deal would give the Ducks nearly 4 million in cap relief for next season, the rights to a decent young defenseman in Giordano, a top 6 winger (which i believe is a big need for them) who won't count against the cap next season and decent pick in a deep draft... the Flames would receive a quality center which wold make Langkow expendable at season's end if his contract demands are too high... and a bottom pairing defenseman who doesn't make too many mistakes

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2007, 03:03 AM
fIREnIcE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus078 View Post
I would consider this based on two trades from the Ducks, pure wish from my side .

To Chicago:
Beauchemin + AndyMac
To Ducks
Barker + Vandermeer + 2nd 08

To Devils:
Schneider + Edmontons 2nd
To Ducks:
Zajac

Zajac would give the Ducks a No. 2 Center. Vandermeer can give them a solid and cheaper D. and Barker can become the cornerstone of our future defense. This would clear up 8.5 mil. Enough to sign Perry and to resign the rest.

I know, this is unrealistic but I would like it from the Ducks side .

Sutherby - Getz - Perry
Kunitz - Zajac - Bert
Moen - Pahlsson - Nieds

Pronger - Vandermeer
Nieds - Barker
Huskins - O'Donnel

Looks good to me.
While the second rounder looks great (esp the Oils0 I cant see Lou trading away Zajac, also taking into account our luck with players over 35...

if it were Beauchemin def yes, but then again it would throw the whole deal off, but the proposal is valid seeing our need for a D-mna of Matts character and style

fIREnIcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2007, 04:17 AM
sharkie17*

Sharkies need him. Trade a decent prospect and three picks for him

sharkie17* is offline   Reply With Quote