HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Blues Lose; now tied for 7th with EDM and NSH

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2004, 10:47 PM
Edler Statesman*

vCash: 500
Blues Lose; now tied for 7th with EDM and NSH

4/1/2004

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...22&hubName=nhl

ST. LOUIS (AP) - Marc Lamothe won in his second start of the season and Chris Chelios had two assists, helping the Detroit Red Wings clinch first place overall in the NHL with a 3-2 victory over the St. Louis Blues on Thursday night.

The Blues missed a chance to clinch their 25th straight playoff berth, which would extend the longest current streak in professional sports. Instead, the loss in their regular-season home finale put them in a three-way tie with the Oilers and Predators for seventh in the Western Conference with two games to go.

I'm torn... I want the Oilers to make the playoffs, but I also want the Canucks to get home ice. Meh, we can hope for a tie, and that St. Lose gets smashed.

Old
04-02-2004, 08:21 AM
WFHACommish

who cares about vancouver.....this is the EDM thread. I hope they beat up on them..at least finish the season with a bang!!!

I don't think VAN will go far...now that they've lost bertuzzi.

But then again, I have been wrong.

Old
04-02-2004, 09:12 AM
oil slick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFHACommish
who cares about vancouver.....this is the EDM thread. I hope they beat up on them..at least finish the season with a bang!!!

I don't think VAN will go far...now that they've lost bertuzzi.

But then again, I have been wrong.
They've certainly looked better recently though. My personal feeling is that Bert means less to the team than what people say, but that Cloutier might suck again, dragging them down.

Closed Thread