Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Notices

Giguere clone:

Old
11-28-2007, 05:41 AM
Rattray

vCash: 500
Giguere clone:

Watching a bit of CNN last night and couldnt help to think how much JS looks like Hans R. Petersen? (a recently captured america's wanted fugitive)

Aug 06, 2007
Suspect In Dr. Cornbleet's Murder Confesses
For 10 months, Chicago police detectives have been tried to identify the mysterious young man seen on surveillance tape, leaving the office building on N. Michigan Avenue where Dr. David Cornbleet was found stabbed to death on October 24, 2006. Dr. Cornbleet's son, Jon, has also been on a relentless quest of his own to solve his beloved father's murder.

Jon, an avid AMW viewer long before this horrible tragedy struck his family, did everything in his power to keep the case in the public eye. He built a MySpace page about his father's murder and worked with AMW to get the case profiled in a AMW caught on tape segment that aired on April 28th, 2007. The combined efforts of Detective Steve Peterson and his Area 4 Homicide Squad and Jon Cornbleet have finally culminated in a suspect being taken into custody. Hans R. Peterson, 29, turned himself into authorities in the French Caribbean island of St. Martin on August 6th, after learning that police in Chicago were looking for him in connection with murder of Dr. Cornbleet.

Peterson, who Jon Cornbleet says was briefly a patient of his father's nearly five years ago, has reportedly provided specific details to authorities in St. Martin about the doctor's murder that had never been made public. Police believe Peterson traveled from New York City last October to Chicago to murder Dr. Cornbleet before eventually leaving the country and surfacing in St. Martin. MyFOXChicago has reported that DNA evidence from the crime scene and from an apartment where Peterson lived in New York connect him to the bloody murder. He is currently being held in jail on the island of St. Martin. Peterson was in St. Martin well past the expiration of his 90-day tourist visa when he applied for, and received a French passport because his mother is French. In August of 2007, French authorities stated that they would not extradite Peterson to face murder charges.

Unfortunately it seems like the Cornbleet family will not get the justice they deserve. Jon told AMW's Tom Morris, "I don't want him tried in France, or the Caribbean. I want to see him face to face in a court of law in Chicago. This man murdered my father, and I want him to face justice here."

A Bizarre Motive For Murder
Although he had not been a patient of Dr. Cornbleet's for more than four years, sources say Peterson allegedly confessed to authorities in Saint-Martin that he murdered the dermatologist because he believed that a drug prescribed by the doctor for a skin condition had rendered him impotent. The drug is called Accutane. Like many prescribed medicines, Accutane does have numerous side effects, but male impotence is not one of them. Petersen is an avid Internet gambler who's originally from Oregon, but has lived in Chicago, Wisconsin and New York City. He was living in New York when he allegedly decided to travel to Chicago to carry out is-guided, homicidal attack on the mild mannered doctor.

Chicago police issued a bench warrant for Hans Peterson on June 8th, 2007 and had traveled to New York in their looking for him. Peterson's surprising surrender to authorities on the French island of Saint-Martin has doubt over whether he will be extradited back to the United States. At a press conference on August 14th, Cook County First Assistant State's Attorney Bob Milan indicated that his office plans to "Do everything in our power to get him back here." A spokesperson with the French Consulate in Chicago told MYFOX Chicago that if Peterson was indeed able to obtain a French passport in Saint-Martin it would have been only because he presented evidence that his mother was French, but insist that French authorities will cooperate fully with American authorities to sort out the citizenship-passport issues, and that they will not seek to protect him because regardless of whether it is ultimately determined that he is, or is not, French.

The most famous extradition case in recent years was the lengthy process of negotiation between the U.S. and France that ultimately resulted in the extradition of an American convicted murderer, ex-sixties hippy guru, Ira Einhorn. Einhorn had been convicted in absentia of murdering his girlfriend in Philadelphia after he fled to France. He was living comfortably in the French countryside when John Walsh and an AMW camera crew confronted him on the streets of Bordeaux. After months of negotiations between prosecutors in Pennsylvania, the U.S. State Department and French judicial authorities, Eihorn was eventually sent back to face justice in Pennsylvania.

Rattray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2007, 07:11 AM
The Korean*

Send a message via AIM to The Korean* Send a message via Yahoo to The Korean*
Fascinating.......

The Korean* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2007, 01:38 PM
Cone

Send a message via AIM to Cone
I LOVE DOPPLEGANGERS!!!

Last edited by Cone: 11-28-2007 at 01:44 PM.
Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2007, 07:19 PM
BraveSirRobin
Ducks offseason

Send a message via MSN to BraveSirRobin
psh, put a playoff beard on Jiggy and you get Czar Nicholas II of Russia. Yes, I'm a history buff.

BraveSirRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2007, 08:05 AM
torero

Ottawa Sen's also have their own problem with ... again Goalie !!! where do these guy's hire goalies ??? interstellar prison ?

even the attitude ... you may recognize Darth Gerber king of Swiss and Dark Vador, king of Sith !!

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2007, 12:23 PM
Sandman33

Quote:
Originally Posted by torerotomcat View Post
Ottawa Sen's also have their own problem with ... again Goalie !!! where do these guy's hire goalies ??? interstellar prison ?

even the attitude ... you may recognize Darth Gerber king of Swiss and Dark Vador, king of Sith !!
OMG YOU JUST GAVE ME THE BEST IDEA EVER!!

A Ducks Goalie in the Home black Jersey wearing a Darth Vader helmet. Oh MAN how awesome would that be? Voice change and all so he could do interviews during the intermission!

Pronger knocks people around, Parros beats somebody like a mule, and then Darth Giguere does the interviews all angry like.

Sandman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 04:18 PM
MOENing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontGoInThere View Post
psh, put a playoff beard on Jiggy and you get Czar Nicholas II of Russia. Yes, I'm a history buff.

that just to good. Gives me an Idea for my new avatar.

MOENing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 05:34 PM
Sandman33

Darth Goalie could use the force to clear the crease.

Sandman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 09:50 PM
theShiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman33 View Post
Darth Goalie could use the force to clear the crease.
Darth Goalie would just convince you that it wasn't a good idea to shoot the puck in the first place.

theShiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 10:31 PM
Lyons71

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontGoInThere View Post

Gadamn! That is giguere in 15 years 100 years ago!

(i don't know when nicholas 2 was around, and didn't feel like looking it up)

Lyons71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 10:34 PM
leftofcenter

I saw Gretz on the bench against the Penguins (?) the other night and I swear he looked like a 40 year old Tretiak! Kinda weird

leftofcenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2007, 11:26 PM
BraveSirRobin
Ducks offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyons71 View Post
Gadamn! That is giguere in 15 years 100 years ago!

(i don't know when nicholas 2 was around, and didn't feel like looking it up)
You're about right. (He was killed after WWI, but meh, 100 years sounds better.)

Old
12-04-2007, 11:37 PM
BraveSirRobin
Ducks offseason

There's a picture for "Darth Giguere".

And for fun,

Jiggy

Czar/Tzar/Tsar Nicholas

Old
12-05-2007, 01:32 AM
Vector

I wonder what they're each looking at?

Vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2007, 01:55 AM
theShiba

Could the caption be "Sunday's gonna get it"

Or... "In Russia, it's gotten for you"

theShiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2007, 04:18 AM
iLau
Always Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman33 View Post
OMG YOU JUST GAVE ME THE BEST IDEA EVER!!

A Ducks Goalie in the Home black Jersey wearing a Darth Vader helmet. Oh MAN how awesome would that be? Voice change and all so he could do interviews during the intermission!
Oh man, that'd be a sweet goalie mask. A Darth Vader hockey mask or an Optimus Prime goalie mask would also be sweet.

iLau is offline   Reply With Quote