vCash: 500
Getzlaf Interview

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

Thanks to Aaron Vickers!

Old
04-01-2004, 03:24 PM
Harry

The Ducks fans are really gonna enjoy this kid. He has just the right amount of sandpaper in his game that the Ducks need. He is a leader. Once this guy gets into the NHL pace etc he will be great. Ducks have some damn good prospects.

I also like Popovic in Cincy. Hope they all realize their potential and the ducks keep them together so that in a couple of years they will be back chasing the cup.

Old
04-01-2004, 03:55 PM
ZombieMatt

That was a really good read. Getzlaf is one of my favourite prospects in hockey right now, and I certainly look forward to seeing him develop over time. I only hope that he is able to play next year to start progressing in the NHL.

Old
04-01-2004, 04:14 PM
soya_sauce_chicken

thanks for the article

Old
04-01-2004, 07:39 PM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry
The Ducks fans are really gonna enjoy this kid. He has just the right amount of sandpaper in his game that the Ducks need. He is a leader. Once this guy gets into the NHL pace etc he will be great. Ducks have some damn good prospects.

I also like Popovic in Cincy. Hope they all realize their potential and the ducks keep them together so that in a couple of years they will be back chasing the cup.
Popovic is a very underrated prospect IMO. he has been down offensively this year but he has apparantly improved tremendously on defense, one thing our organization has is leadership by drafting guys like Popovic,Getzlaf and Brent to go along with great character guys like McDonald,Rucchin and Carney.

Old
04-02-2004, 01:31 AM
Taylor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller
Popovic is a very underrated prospect IMO. he has been down offensively this year but he has apparantly improved tremendously on defense, one thing our organization has is leadership by drafting guys like Popovic,Getzlaf and Brent to go along with great character guys like McDonald,Rucchin and Carney.

Popovic and Brent are both great leaders and real good guys. Popovic's offense #'s are a little low right now he has 14 points last year he had 24, but considering they have been paring him with Armstrong and Mottau (2 offensive D-man), he has played the stay at home guy. There was a quote I read by Chuck Fletcher awhile ago saying Pop is going to be a great defensive D-man, so it appears they have choosen to develop him that way as opposed to going the offensive route. I saw him play at St. Mike's all the time and he was a great offesive guy, but his D was suspect at times. But, he is a great skater who would join the rush easily. From what I hear his D has just impoved so much this year over last year. You guys will love both him and Brent. They are good guys, especially Mark. Mark is a CLASS act to say the least and even the older guys follow by his example. I wish he had got his shot this year with the Ducks being outof the race.

Old
04-02-2004, 02:03 PM
Kick Save

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor8
Popovic and Brent are both great leaders and real good guys. Popovic's offense #'s are a little low right now he has 14 points last year he had 24, but considering they have been paring him with Armstrong and Mottau (2 offensive D-man), he has played the stay at home guy. There was a quote I read by Chuck Fletcher awhile ago saying Pop is going to be a great defensive D-man, so it appears they have choosen to develop him that way as opposed to going the offensive route. I saw him play at St. Mike's all the time and he was a great offesive guy, but his D was suspect at times. But, he is a great skater who would join the rush easily. From what I hear his D has just impoved so much this year over last year. You guys will love both him and Brent. They are good guys, especially Mark. Mark is a CLASS act to say the least and even the older guys follow by his example. I wish he had got his shot this year with the Ducks being outof the race.
Nice to hear from someone who saw these kids play Junior hockey. (It wasn't clear me whether you were at St. Mike's at the same time as them.) I've heard nothing but good things about Tim Brent. Glad to hear the nice words about Popovic's character. I hope they're both here to stay in a couple of years.

Closed Thread