HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who do you want to win on Saturday?

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2004, 04:34 PM
Oilersyul89

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Oilersyul89 Send a message via Yahoo to Oilersyul89
The way I look at it is......lets not cheer for any team...UNTIL approx 7PM saturday night. That way we''ll know what the outcome was from Nashville. Then we could focus ALL our engery in sending really bad vibes to either Nashville or St. Louis...

What do you all think?

Old
04-03-2004, 12:47 AM
Mr Sakich

great news tonight

Colorado won and it looks like Vancouver will win. Both team will be tied at 99 points. Assuming we beat Vancouver tomorrow, Colorado has to tie or win on Sunday to clinch the division crown. Vancouver has more wins so they get the tie breaker over the aveholes.

Nashville is going to face a very motivated avalanche team on Sunday.

Old
04-03-2004, 12:54 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich
great news tonight

Colorado won and it looks like Vancouver will win. Both team will be tied at 99 points. Assuming we beat Vancouver tomorrow, Colorado has to tie or win on Sunday to clinch the division crown. Vancouver has more wins so they get the tie breaker over the aveholes.

Nashville is going to face a very motivated avalanche team on Sunday.
And Minny beat Dallas tonight... hopefully that means they're playing well enough to beat St. Louis.

Bottom line, the cards are there, it's just a matter of them falling into place in the next two days.

Old
04-03-2004, 01:45 AM
zamboni

Preds will face a very motivated Avs team, but that won't matter unless the Oil beat a very motivated (but hopefully very exhausted) Canucks team. Did anyone mention this season is coming right down to the wire?

Old
04-03-2004, 03:38 AM
BF_Sweden

Im an Avsfan.

Its a very delicate situation cause the Avs are depending on the oilers to win or tie the Canucks otherwise the Avs cant win the division.

And Granato has said that Salo will be the goalie.

Old
04-03-2004, 05:38 AM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Ideally, I want Nashville to win against St. Louis, Edmonton to beat Vancouver (as a Nucks fan, I can't believe I'm saying this), Colorado to lose to Nashville, and St Louis to lose to Minnesota, and Calgary to lose their remaining game

Detroit
San Jose
Vancouver
Colorado
Dallas
Calgary
Nashville
Edmonton

that would be my ideal rankings.

Old
04-03-2004, 07:17 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmad
Ideally, I want Nashville to win against St. Louis, Edmonton to beat Vancouver (as a Nucks fan, I can't believe I'm saying this), Colorado to lose to Nashville, and St Louis to lose to Minnesota, and Calgary to lose their remaining game

Detroit
San Jose
Vancouver
Colorado
Dallas
Calgary
Nashville
Edmonton

that would be my ideal rankings.
I'll second that!

Old
04-03-2004, 09:21 AM
Tuggy

I think the best case scenario for the Oilers this afternoon is a tie. That way with a win tonight they would leapfrog both St.Louis and Nashville. And come Sunday they would only need one of them to lose.

Can't wait to watch the game tonight! Pretty much a playoff game and the intensity is going to be insane!!!

Old
04-03-2004, 10:01 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
This is my favourite scenario:

Oilers OTL against Nucks.

St. Louis loses both games.
Nashville obviously beats St. Louis, and does Vancouver a favour by beating the snot out of the Avalanche.

1 point should be enough eh?

Old
04-03-2004, 10:29 AM
PineJockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
I think the best case scenario for the Oilers this afternoon is a tie. That way with a win tonight they would leapfrog both St.Louis and Nashville. And come Sunday they would only need one of them to lose.

Can't wait to watch the game tonight! Pretty much a playoff game and the intensity is going to be insane!!!
I don't like the tie at all. If we beat Vancouver then all Colorado has to do is tie to take the division title, and all Nashville has to do is tie to get in to playoffs ahead of us. If that game ever got to a tie in the third period, I don't see either team taking any chances.

I like the StL win today, and then Colorado needing to tie or win to take the division title.

Closed Thread