HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lineup tomorrow

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2004, 09:55 AM
Orange

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
Wrong, Zednik has played alot of LW this year. Remember the Zednik-Ribeiro-Dagenais line? or the Zednik-Koivu-Ryder one back in late November? Plus he's played alot of LW since arriving here (Zednik-Gilmour-Petrov line comes to mind and early last season the Zednik-Koivu-whoever on RW combo before they started putting Bulis or Kilger on that line which forced Zed to RW)
I'm not wrong at all. Zednik did play the left wing, I never said the opposite. I'm saying he's better playing the RW. Zednik got his hot streak going when put back on the RW (and being reunited with Koivu). Zednik played a lot on the LW this year and by looking at his stats, it sure seems to be an off year for him. Coincidence ?

Old
04-03-2004, 10:04 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Whoops, that'll teach me for posting right after getting up. You miss a word or two sometimes. Still the point remains, Zednik is perfectly capable of playing LW.

Old
04-03-2004, 10:08 AM
Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
I'd like to see Kovalev get consistent third line ice time with Sundstrom or Bulis and Begin or Dowd down the middle. All of those players are good at creating chemistry with their linemates and will feed off their linemates' talent.

The only mistake I see here is pairing Kovalev with Juneau, who's a complete non-factor offensively and turns the puck over more than he completes a tape to tape pass.
I couldn't agree more ! I too see a problem playing Juneau and Kovalev on the same line. I'd much prefer a line looking like this :

Sundstrom - Begin - Kovalev

The reason behind this is simple, Begin's our number one spark plug this year and if someone is able to jump start Kovalev, it's him ! Also, Sundstrom and Begin have been able to generate some (limited) offense this year. They can put nice presure on the opposition defense and create turn arounds. Now if only some great offensive talent was there to turn these turn arounds into goals, wouldn't that be great ?

Old
04-03-2004, 10:31 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange
I couldn't agree more ! I too see a problem playing Juneau and Kovalev on the same line. I'd much prefer a line looking like this :

Sundstrom - Begin - Kovalev

The reason behind this is simple, Begin's our number one spark plug this year and if someone is able to jump start Kovalev, it's him ! Also, Sundstrom and Begin have been able to generate some (limited) offense this year. They can put nice presure on the opposition defense and create turn arounds. Now if only some great offensive talent was there to turn these turn arounds into goals, wouldn't that be great ?
The thing i that Kovalev is a premier offensive talent and should be playing with talented players like Ryder, Ribs, saku or zednik. Kovalev had his great seasons playing with straka and lang. CJ and his experiences somtimes...

Old
04-03-2004, 11:08 AM
BLONG7

I think when the playoffs start, Kovalev will be on one of the first two lines... I would like to see him back on a line with Koivu and Zednik... if not well then he should be with Ribs and Ryder... but he should be in that mix of top 6 forwards...

Closed Thread