HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Intro at home games

Old
12-08-2007, 12:21 PM
WestsideNYR

vCash: 500
Intro at home games

Does anyone else feel the garden screen intro does not motivate anyone in the crowd before home games. The passion, effort and tradition with players faces doesnt get anyone going. We have one of if not the best voice in hockey calling our goals and we can't get him/his voice on the big screen. Whomever is producing this stuff is likely not getting fan reaction, if they are, I'd like to meet them. Last years bland nonvocal rock intro with swirling colors on the screen/ice was probably a tad worse. Things were terrific for the playoffs, so please, wake up.

It is blantantly obvious MSG knows the Rangers have a huge following and that the crowd will determine everything with little or no upgrades made(a miniature scoreboard I can barely see with east and west endzone boards) while every arena around us is state of the art. The Dolan's are useless, but expect more for the day to day people in charge of this.

WestsideNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 12:29 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I can't stand the new things that go around the ends. They don't show the out of town scores except during game play. How stupid. I want to watch the game while the game is happening not looking at the out of town scoreboard. Instead they have to have a thing that has Rangers logos flashing around during stoppages so I can't even see the OOTSB.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 12:40 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestsideNYR View Post
Does anyone else feel the garden screen intro does not motivate anyone in the crowd before home games. The passion, effort and tradition with players faces doesnt get anyone going. We have one of if not the best voice in hockey calling our goals and we can't get him/his voice on the big screen. Whomever is producing this stuff is likely not getting fan reaction, if they are, I'd like to meet them. Last years bland nonvocal rock intro with swirling colors on the screen/ice was probably a tad worse. Things were terrific for the playoffs, so please, wake up.

It is blantantly obvious MSG knows the Rangers have a huge following and that the crowd will determine everything with little or no upgrades made(a miniature scoreboard I can barely see with east and west endzone boards) while every arena around us is state of the art. The Dolan's are useless, but expect more for the day to day people in charge of this.

What is this? Phoenix? We're the New York Rangers. Why do we need anything other than our team to get us pumped up for the game? One of the best voices in hockey? Are you talking about Sam Rosen? Don't get me wrong..I love Sam. I've grown up with him. But you're saying his squeals and shrieks are the best in the game? To be honest, I'd rather listen to Kenny Albert most nights. If only hockey wasn't the worst sport in the world to listen to ont he radio.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 01:18 PM
Bless This Mess

rangers should bring back republica's "ready to go" for the intro...definitely got the crowd pumped...in my opinion, the best part of the intro as it currently is is when the lights go dark and the madison square garden logo comes up, and the PA announcer says "ladies and gentlemen, welcome to madison square garden, the world's most famous arena"...the passion/tradition thing was good for the home opener and maybe for playoffs, but not for now

Bless This Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 05:20 PM
FLYLine24*

I love the intro, best intro in years IMO.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 05:42 PM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

I love what they did opening night...I wish they did it for every game

peanutbuttacallytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 06:25 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by peantbuttapruchatime View Post

Wow, that's awesome..

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 07:01 PM
mikesect424

The scoreboard "upgrade" is horrendous. During the game you get to stare at a 15'x10' Rangers emblem, and then when it does change, to show you that someone is serving a penalty, it doesn't even tell you what the infraction is. The end scoreboards are silly too. No more actual time clock.

mikesect424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 08:58 PM
WestsideNYR

Thanks

peantbuttapruchatime has it right..

What we have now is straight up lame. If you don't like Sam callling the games, then you'll never be happy. If you want Mike Emrick who described every piece of ice, go for it.

Old
12-08-2007, 09:01 PM
WestsideNYR

peantbuttapruchatime

who sings that song by the way??

Old
12-08-2007, 09:14 PM
bOnEs516

i love the new intro. I think it is pretty chilling

bOnEs516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 09:23 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
peantbuttapruchatime has it right..

What we have now is straight up lame. If you don't like Sam callling the games, then you'll never be happy. If you want Mike Emrick who described every piece of ice, go for it.

Are you aware that people have different tastes and liking someone is totally subjective? I never said I didn't like Sam, I do. But he's not this amazing play by play guy to me. It's more of a nostalgic thing for me. Like I said, if Sam ever left for good, I would have no problem with Kenny Albert doing the games. Sam is extremely corny. And that is something I can not stand (not just in announcing, but in life).

Old
12-08-2007, 09:29 PM
WestsideNYR

I guess

I didn't realize Kenny Albert is such a great guy in life. He probably got it from his dad. Your entitled to your opinion, sure. I was just stating the obvious since I've been to most home games as well as games in Philly, Long Island, Boston and Jersey and aside from our home opener, all the other intros were far better. Again, just my opinion.

Old
12-08-2007, 09:39 PM
ruckus*

Quote:
I didn't realize Kenny Albert is such a great guy in life. He probably got it from his dad. Your entitled to your opinion, sure. I was just stating the obvious since I've been to most home games as well as games in Philly, Long Island, Boston and Jersey and aside from our home opener, all the other intros were far better. Again, just my opinion.

Huh? I wasn't implying anything about Kenny Albert and the life he conducts, but if you were just looking to crack a Marv joke then whatver. I said I don't like how Sam Rosen is corny. And I said being corny doesn't just bother me in terms of announcers it bothers me in every day life. If you said something to me that was corny, it would bother me (in the sense that I would think it's lame). Intros are meaningless to me. I don't go to a hockey game to watch some lame 3 minute video. I go to see a hockey game. As long as it's not something un-hockey related I don't care. They could just put a picture of the Rangers logo on the screen for all I care. I need no motivation to get excited for my team.

Old
12-08-2007, 10:21 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
I think this year's intro is great. I was a big fan of last year (Wake Up, Arcade Fire) and they actually played that before the game against the Isles last week (not sure if they've played it since then).

I have given the new scoreboard a chance and I officially don't like it. When is it that you want to check out of town scores or shots on goal or things like that? DURING A STOPPAGE OF PLAY! Every time I do it out of habit, they are showing a seizure-inducing ad for T-Mobile or something like that.

And even when the out-of-town scoreboard is actually up to the minute (which it usually isn't), it seems that you blink and then they go to a different score.

There's no official time clock. Although to be fair, I went to the Giants/49ers game in October and they have a similar scoreboard there which doesn't have a clock either. And I'm pretty sure the Prudential Center doesn't have one either...if that's a trend, it's a pretty dumb one.

Also, the scoreboard only occasionally shows the goal scorers. You can't always hear the PA system closely, so if you miss that, and didn't see the scorer from way up in the 400 level, you have to wait until you get home to check the box score to see who got the goal. And they don't post the penalties.

Alright, I went completely off-topic there. I enjoy this year's intro.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2007, 10:30 PM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

Quote:
who sings that song by the way??
yellowcard-light up the sky

simply amazing song..gives me the chills...the garden plays it when the rangers hit the ice for the 3rd but i wish that could be our intro instead

peanutbuttacallytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2007, 08:42 AM
WestsideNYR

hey

no beef with anyone, thanks for the responses. Hopefully we can get back on track today and get the Devils derailed. Although without Avery we seem to come back down to earth.

Old
12-09-2007, 12:45 PM
The_Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by peantbuttapruchatime View Post

awesome video!!!

The_Captain is offline   Reply With Quote