HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: 12/9 Devils vs Rangers @ MSG 5:00PM

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-09-2007, 11:37 PM
  #376
Bretzky*
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
Just looking at the Ice Time tonight and it appears Drury, Shanny, and Gomer all got more ice than Jagr, Straka, and Duby.
And rightfully so, imo.

Bretzky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2007, 11:37 PM
  #377
HenriksBetter
 
HenriksBetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
Just looking at the Ice Time tonight and it appears Drury, Shanny, and Gomer all got more ice than Jagr, Straka, and Duby.
They deserve more ice time than The Jagr unit. They have played better for a couple weeks now and should get more time. Bout time Renney woke up.

HenriksBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2007, 11:38 PM
  #378
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
Just looking at the Ice Time tonight and it appears Drury, Shanny, and Gomer all got more ice than Jagr, Straka, and Duby.
That and the fourth liners took a step back in ice-time back to last season.

Orr, Betts, and Hollweg all had 8 minutes or less. (Or something similar, not too technical..ok, all under 9 minutes)

That's because we didn't have a lead to defend though, and when your trying to score goals, the HBO line isn't the one to look at.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2007, 11:40 PM
  #379
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenriksBetter View Post
They deserve more ice time than The Jagr unit. They have played better for a couple weeks now and should get more time. Bout time Renney woke up.
agreed

__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man
I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 12:28 AM
  #380
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 27,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
It was a Devils stick. It was White's.
White lifted Shanny's stick from underneath and it was Shanny's stick that hit himself in the face (they replayed it twice on FSN in the slow-motion closeup and you could see it clearly). The non-call was one of the few things the refs did right in the entire game. They were absolutely miserable.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 12:32 AM
  #381
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityhockeyfever View Post
YEAH BABY! YEAH!

Was this the most satisfying win in the last 13 years against the Devils? It ranks right up there. If this was before the lockout, this might be a different outcome. Marty has had shutout wins against the Rangers in the past and now it's King Henrik's turn to give New Jersey a taste of their own medicine in the years to come. I still remember the Devils (and the Islanders) getting up for the Rangers to successfully end their winning streaks. Now the Rangers for the first time for as long as I can remember have done it for once to the Devils.
Absolutely, this was a great win. I don't even care for a moment that the Devils got a point out of it. Us getting the W, the 4th against them this season (with Lundqvist continuing his dominant play) and breaking their bid to get that huge 10th W in a row was sooooo satisfying!

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 01:04 AM
  #382
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,784
vCash: 500
I'll only be satisfied when the Rangers beat those s***b*** once again in the playoffs.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 07:19 AM
  #383
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 32,128
vCash: 500
What a boring game!I should have brought my pillow and blanket with me.Loved watching both teams trap each other.No anger.No passion.No hitting.Few scoring chances.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 08:34 AM
  #384
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
What a boring game!I should have brought my pillow and blanket with me.Loved watching both teams trap each other.No anger.No passion.No hitting.Few scoring chances.
I agree, boring as hell - but as long as we win I don't care

HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 09:00 AM
  #385
Shadowtron
Registered User
 
Shadowtron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles20 View Post
Nj is 0-7 against NY teams this year and yet 1 point ahead of the rag$ and 5 of the isles.

Yeah NINE game winning streaks are funny that way.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 01:12 PM
  #386
nyrmessier011
Registered User
 
nyrmessier011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Charlotte/NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,352
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
if anyone can put together a video of just shanny's one knee fist pumps after he scores, id be extremely thankful. best ever

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 01:27 PM
  #387
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,784
vCash: 500
This schedule stinks, two games this week and 4 next week

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 02:17 PM
  #388
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostik View Post
Gomez was a beast today
I didn't see someone so FAST on his skates whole game as Gomez is...is he on pills?
Exactly.

But in this thread all the postgame talk was Shanny . Yeah he scored on an awesome shot, but Gomez did a hell of a job to set it all up, as well as Toots & Girardi.

Gomez was by far our best forward last night

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 02:27 PM
  #389
redfzn
#94
 
redfzn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,499
vCash: 500
You know, I just noticed on the Rangers site that Broduer was the 3rd star of the game. Not that I really care but was his name announced after the game before Lundy and Shanny's were announced? Did he skate onto the ice? For some reason I thought they only called out 2 stars, I just learned the fact that Marty was the 3rd star.

http://rangers.nhl.com/team/app/?ser...ype=2&gnum=430

Anyway, good win guys.

redfzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 02:28 PM
  #390
In The Flesh
Registered User
 
In The Flesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
This schedule stinks, two games this week and 4 next week
whens our next game, thursday??? thats horrible, what am I supposed to watch the knicks???

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 02:31 PM
  #391
sandman441
Registered User
 
sandman441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ALASKA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,614
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to sandman441
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfzn View Post
Not that I really care but was his name announced after the game before Lundy and Shanny's were announced? Did he skate onto the ice? For some reason I thought they only called out 2 stars, I just learned the fact that Marty was the 3rd star.
It was announced first because I heard the boos. He didn't come out.

http://rangers.nhl.com/team/app/?ser...ype=2&gnum=430

Quote:
Originally Posted by article
Jaromir Jagr was clearly the best player on the ice for either team, skating with purpose and authority. The Rangers captain created several scoring chances for his teammates with shifty moves and passes near the Devils net, and even threw a pair of solid checks along the boards.

Not saying he wasn't good but clearly the best player on the ice?.

sandman441 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 02:32 PM
  #392
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 24,156
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfzn View Post
You know, I just noticed on the Rangers site that Broduer was the 3rd star of the game. Not that I really care but was his name announced after the game before Lundy and Shanny's were announced? Did he skate onto the ice? For some reason I thought they only called out 2 stars, I just learned the fact that Marty was the 3rd star.

http://rangers.nhl.com/team/app/?ser...ype=2&gnum=430

Anyway, good win guys.
They announced him as the third star, but he didn't take a skate out onto the ice.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 02:32 PM
  #393
Petemo
Registered User
 
Petemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 321
vCash: 500
The away players who get a star usually never come out.

why would they? they would just get booed to ****.

Petemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 02:41 PM
  #394
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 24,156
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgPacPBH View Post
The away players who get a star usually never come out.

why would they? they would just get booed to ****.
Right, and especially Marty at MSG. It would be ugly.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 02:45 PM
  #395
redfzn
#94
 
redfzn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman441 View Post
It was announced first because I heard the boos. He didn't come out.

http://rangers.nhl.com/team/app/?ser...ype=2&gnum=430
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
They announced him as the third star, but he didn't take a skate out onto the ice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgPacPBH View Post
The away players who get a star usually never come out.

why would they? they would just get booed to ****.
Thanks for clearing that up, I didn't hear when they announced him as the third star.

Yeah, I'm sure visiting players don't usually come out when announced as one of the 3 stars but I just totally missed when he was announced which was why I was a bit baffled when I read that he was the 3rd star.

Thanks again.

redfzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 02:48 PM
  #396
sandman441
Registered User
 
sandman441's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: ALASKA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,614
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to sandman441
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfzn View Post
Thanks for clearing that up, I didn't hear when they announced him as the third star.
It was really hard to hear and I almost missed it too.

sandman441 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 03:34 PM
  #397
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,469
vCash: 500
My only comment...

is that winning can be boring. Glad to see the defense and Henke back on track defensively (or the Devils back derailed offensively; either way works out for the Rangers). But one cannot dismiss the lack of scoring and say the Rangers will just have to keep winning 1-0; 2-1 games. Renney needs to find combos that can score. Get the right defensemen out with the right forwards. These players have scored in the past. Drury's scored consistently. Jagr has. Straka. Shanny. Prucha, etc. There has to be some offense in there...somewhere...

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 06:41 PM
  #398
HenriksBetter
 
HenriksBetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
whens our next game, thursday??? thats horrible, what am I supposed to watch the knicks???
They play Wed. night at Washington and then Sunday home against Phoenix.

HenriksBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 06:45 PM
  #399
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,834
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Exactly.

But in this thread all the postgame talk was Shanny . Yeah he scored on an awesome shot, but Gomez did a hell of a job to set it all up, as well as Toots & Girardi.

Gomez was by far our best forward last night
I know he's a Ranger, but Gomez doesn't exactly have my heart as one just yet. It's gonna take more than 30 games for me to feel it. I will say that he's played very well for us though.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 06:54 PM
  #400
HenriksBetter
 
HenriksBetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I know he's a Ranger, but Gomez doesn't exactly have my heart as one just yet. It's gonna take more than 30 games for me to feel it. I will say that he's played very well for us though.
I feel the same waqy about him. He has a lot to prove IMO. With that said, I think he has been our best forward for the last month or so. He has his speed game going and he and Shanny seem to have clicked pretty well. When Avery is in the lineup i feel that is our best line.

HenriksBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.