HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Just asking ok(Renney's comment)

Old
12-10-2007, 02:00 PM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
If Renney really thinks we need to win games 2-1 and that we aren't going to win big high scoring games do you think we move Jagr? I know all the arguments will be he is cheap cap and a legend but he isn't scoring and he isn't getting younger. What about moving him for a package like the Flyers did for Foresberg. Jagr is playing hard and trying i am not jumping on him but with Nylander gone and Malik on the way out this is no longer a Euro based team and him as the captain is making less sense
THANK GOD! i cant even express my frustration with him. he could crawl into a cave and live there for all i care. Jags is different though. he just needs to shoot more. Someone should go to a game and sit right behind the rangers bench and hold a sign that says "You shoot, you get the rebound, you score" ow something like that, and while jags is on the bench yell ay him to put the puck to the net

nyrcallahan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 02:43 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
helps this team win games 1-0 and 2-1. He neutralizes other teams' top lines, which I don't think any other line can do on a consistent basis and in the playoffs. He obviously also gives you a threat of scoring too.
zuh? If he can keep them pinned in their zone but if it's the other way around, no. You'll end up with performances like against Carolina and Toronto. Jagr's line has very little defense to neutralize other team's top lines outside of Straka and if they can't neutralize with offense, what is the point of having Jagr? Keep him away from Pittsburgh. A Malkin-Crosby-Jagr line would destroy everything in its path.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 09:27 PM
polako

Quote:
Originally Posted by segmentation fault View Post
Trade Jagr for a couple guys that can actually play with the team we have? Thats crazy talk!
Don't resign guys that bring out the best in the team's superstar? That's crazy talk!

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 09:52 PM
ThirdEye

I've been a Jagr supporter for the most part, but if he continues to struggle all the way up to the all-star break we might have no choice. I can't look at his 4 points in 12 games and not cringe right now. This is a guy who can still be a top 5 forward in the game if he wanted to...

Nevertheless, struggling or not, he can still bring in a few very good players or prospects that we might never see otherwise.

And I do agree that, out of all the players we have, he seems to be the one that sticks out the most as being unable to form some kind of chemistry. It's hard to put all the blame on him though, considering the changes that this team underwent.

He can't keep playing like this forever though

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote