HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12-10-07 - GDT: Wings @ Preds - The Wings are tired edition (in more ways the one)

Old
12-10-2007, 10:49 PM
Jarnberg

vCash: 500
Predators were beaten in the first period. Detroit came out flying, looking like a team who was fresh despite playing the night before. Osgood made huge saves through the first period.

The second period was a bit more even, with Detroit having a bit more of the play, but it started to tilt.

We had a great third period but simply couldn't beat Osgood. Osgood was fantastic as usual against us. We threw everything at him in the third and came up short.

I won't get on the team too much as for the most part, they played decent. A few too many mistakes in the offensive zone and simply not enough to beat Osgood.

Poor Radulov, he's doing everything but score out there. What a fantastic move in the second period to almost get that goal...

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2007, 10:58 PM
braindead

Interesting game tonight. The troll is right that the Wings clearly are the better team. But this is not, IMO, a mediocre Preds team. They stuck with it and caused the Wings problems- the penalties were a sign of that. The Preds powerplay continues to struggle badly, although Osgood also played well. As mentioned above, I'm ready to try life without Zidlicky and hope that one of the defensive K's can get better with practice (Z clearly is not getting better).

Ellis often seems out of position but plays big and out and seems to just make the stops. He looked like Vokoun on the penalty shot though.

Our D will be great in 4-5 years (if we can keep them)- now we have Hamhuis, Suter, Weber mixing in brilliant plays with boneheaded plays among the solid play. We need a bit less bonehead. Zids is beginning to remind me of An*y *elmore. Could we fool the Sabres twice on this type of trade?

Dumont looked lost, Arnott looked frustrated, Rads looked like he was giving 110%, Bonk looked like a super hero (unfortunately it was Invisibleman), Legwand was strong (all I can say is the Preds will continue to get my hard earned $'s by keeping him from going to the Wings). Tootoo continues to play strong (actually play rather than run around, which is an amazing thing). The two or three examples of long cycles and strong pressing to score gives me hope that this team can do some damage if it can get/maintain solid goaltending and can stick with the effort for longer periods.

I got my money's worth tonight even though we lost.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 07:15 AM
PredsMan

Just one question...

One the wings first goal, they got a penalty for interference.

How does that happen? If there was interference, shouldn't the play have stopped...hence no goal?

PredsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 07:27 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsMan View Post
Just one question...

One the wings first goal, they got a penalty for interference.

How does that happen? If there was interference, shouldn't the play have stopped...hence no goal?
I was thinking the exact same thing.

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 07:33 AM
Cyberslacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing.
After the goal, Downey pushed your player into Fraser, knocking the wind out of him.

Cyberslacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 08:36 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Can something that happened after the goal (meaning play had stopped) really be considered interference? I'm not saying what happened wasn't after the goal, the call just baffled me.

Old
12-11-2007, 09:18 AM
FanGirl10

The call was a pissed off ref. I'm sure interference was the first thing out of his mouth, roughing would have been better. However, the goal was achieved before the whistle... therefore it's good. Frustrating eh?

FanGirl10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 09:39 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanGirl10 View Post
The call was a pissed off ref. I'm sure interference was the first thing out of his mouth, roughing would have been better. However, the goal was achieved before the whistle... therefore it's good. Frustrating eh?
The call was made by the official at center ice, not Fraser. Downey ran into Tootoo after the play, which wound up collecting both Suter and Fraser with Kerry getting the worst of it.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 10:03 AM
crossxcheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanGirl10 View Post

I didn't doubt the goal was good. The call just made no sense.

Old
12-12-2007, 02:01 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
If we could have played the first period with the same effort that we did the second and third periods we could have won the game. Jump on a tired team early, that's what we did to Anaheim and it frustrated them.

I didn't think we were fast enough with decisions. We held the puck too long and didn't move it enough sometimes and let the Det player just run us off the puck.

In the first period we won faceoffs 11-9. With 5 minutes left in the third Det had won 20 of the last 24 faceoffs after the first period. Someone learn how to win a f/o!

I like that we battled back and held them scoreless the rest of the game. We came alive and threw everything at them but just couldn't get one by Osgood. Someday Arnott will score again, and then he'll get a hattrick or go on a streak of like 8 gms in a row with a goal.

I'd like to see Klein get back into a game someday, surely he couldn't do worse.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote