HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Greg Moore called up (again)

Old
12-11-2007, 10:35 AM
Blueshirt Brawler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc25 View Post
I hear you but isn't that dude a career minor leaguer?
Greg Moore was Calgary's 5th round choice in 2003. He's only 23 years old so it's not like Moore is some career minor leaguer putting up huge numbers against young kids in the AHL. He is a kid himself and this is only his second pro season after playing college hockey for four years in Maine.

Blueshirt Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 10:47 AM
jc25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Brawler View Post
Greg Moore was Calgary's 5th round choice in 2003. He's only 23 years old so it's not like Moore is some career minor leaguer putting up huge numbers against young kids in the AHL. He is a kid himself and this is only his second pro season after playing college hockey for four years in Maine.
we were talking about parenteau*

jc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 12:32 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
From Sam's blog:

Quote:
# Greg Moore was back on that well-traveled road between Hartford and New York in time for today’s skate, but it doesn’t look like he’ll see action tomorrow in Washington. The Rangers called up Moore because of a tweak to Ryan Callahan’s knee. But Callahan skated and seemed fine, so it’s unlikely his spot in the lineup will be an issue tomorrow.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 12:52 PM
bumrusherer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
From Sam's blog:
Poor fella...I'm sure he understands, but deep down he's got to be very frustrated.

bumrusherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 12:58 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumrusherer View Post
Poor fella...I'm sure he understands, but deep down he's got to be very frustrated.
Imagine how Dawes feels that he's not even a precautionary call-up.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 01:07 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Is Avery View Post
Imagine how Dawes feels that he's not even a precautionary call-up.
and Dawes had less ice time, less games, and still has more goals than most of our players.

Sure..you can argue that Dawes played with good players...but.....

Honestly the more you think about it, the more you see how less and less a lot of our players are.

It's not just that they're slumping, it's that the way our system is and the way we play and the string our offense runs through...

Prucha
Hollweg
Straka
Jagr
Orr (need a tough guy though)
Malik
Mara
Strudwick (presence is good though)

All these guys can easily be replaced, now hear me out, it's not that I don't like Straka and Jagr, it's that Straka does seem to be really injury prone in this late stage in his career, and while he's a great two way forward, and helps Jagr, if Jagr goes, Straka should too, because we could upgrade.

Jagr really does not fit this defensive system, his chances are being created through a kid thats 15 years younger than he is and has 30 games or so under his belt. Dubinsky plays physical, while Straka and Jagr don't play physical at all. Jagr is friggin' swarmed in this league now a days, and even though he used to be as well, he used to shake off the defenders, now he can't do a damn thing.

I think Jagr's NHL career is over, and I'm a Jagr fan, I just think that's true...

As for the rest... I truly believe all are tradeable and we would upgrade over them in most positions pretty easily, and I wouldn't be angry that they're gone.

Dawes can come in, we can get some other proven NHL'ers, I'm not all for a completely defensive-minded system but with Tom Renney behind the bench, and Lundqvist so competitive and great, that's where we will be, and will stay.

Therefore you need two-way forwards, physical guys, grade A defense, and guys who can score no matter who they play with, and even if we don't play run and gun.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 02:02 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
From Sam's blog:
what the **** are doing to this kid, my god, make up your damn minds!!!

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 03:52 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
what the **** are doing to this kid, my god, make up your damn minds!!!
Forgive me if it sounds like I'm picking a fight, because I'm really not trying to, but do you follow any other NHL teams, or how they use their AHL clubs? Players in the AHL are there for two reasons: 1. to improve their game, and 2. to serve as injury reserves for the parent club. Check out the AHL transactions page some time if you think Greg Moore has been jerked around. Seriously. This is part of being a professional hockey player for the majority of players who aren't blue chip prospects with the talent to step directly into the NHL. They need to work their way into the line up over time. Sometimes they get called up for a day or two of practice "just in case". Sometimes, they get to get their feet wet. Sometimes, they stick around for a few weeks or a month. And sometimes, they show something that makes sending them back to the minors impossible. It's just how it works.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 05:23 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Man, I had a good response, but I forgot what I was gonna say.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 05:30 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Forgive me if it sounds like I'm picking a fight, because I'm really not trying to, but do you follow any other NHL teams, or how they use their AHL clubs? Players in the AHL are there for two reasons: 1. to improve their game, and 2. to serve as injury reserves for the parent club. Check out the AHL transactions page some time if you think Greg Moore has been jerked around. Seriously. This is part of being a professional hockey player for the majority of players who aren't blue chip prospects with the talent to step directly into the NHL. They need to work their way into the line up over time. Sometimes they get called up for a day or two of practice "just in case". Sometimes, they get to get their feet wet. Sometimes, they stick around for a few weeks or a month. And sometimes, they show something that makes sending them back to the minors impossible. It's just how it works.
yea ok, but for like the 2nd time they give hartford a call, moore gets in a car, then gets a call half way on the freeway to turn around, retarded imo.

Old
12-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
yea ok, but for like the 2nd time they give hartford a call, moore gets in a car, then gets a call half way on the freeway to turn around, retarded imo.
Why is it retarded? Squishy just gave you a great explanation as to why players in the AHL get recalled. Moore was called up to the NHL as insurance. He'll get paid at the NHL level, he'll get extra meal money, he'll get a chance to see the holiday windows at Macy's. Do you really think he's upset?

Brooklyn Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 06:09 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Anybody want to pay me 550K to drive up and down I-95?? No sympathy from me or the car service that drives him door to door.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 07:54 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Why is it retarded? Squishy just gave you a great explanation as to why players in the AHL get recalled. Moore was called up to the NHL as insurance. He'll get paid at the NHL level, he'll get extra meal money, he'll get a chance to see the holiday windows at Macy's. Do you really think he's upset?
yea, cause thats what he's doing. I'm sure he turned the car right back around, since it was like 2 hrs between the call up and the send down. the Rangers need to get their **** together thats basically what it is.

Old
12-11-2007, 08:24 PM
NYR Viper

actually, not a big deal.....they dont play until tomorrow nite and he got to practice with the big squad which will only help him.....yea it sucks that he had to drive two hours to a practice but if you have ever played, it happens lol......at least he knows he is the one to be called up

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 08:45 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Conveniently (depending on how you see it), guys are going to the dogs at the prime point for a trade. Malik won't be here come April either way. Prucha still has some buzz as a '52-goal-scorer.' Hossa and Mara (when he returns) are expendable at this point.

We may need to take a step back in the re-building process. If Sather can manage Alex Bourret for Pascal Dupuis (no better than Hossa), what would Malik, Mara and Prucha return.

Or maybe we can package those 4 guys and/or a 2nd rounder for a couple top-six guys from LA, CAR, MIN or COL.

I have difficulty seeing Moore as anything but a fourth liner...

And here's a Holiday blockbuster fantasy:

NYR/PHO

Drury/2nd round pick for Mueller
Montoya/Prucha for Doan
Mara for Ballard

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
Conveniently (depending on how you see it), guys are going to the dogs at the prime point for a trade. Malik won't be here come April either way. Prucha still has some buzz as a '52-goal-scorer.' Hossa and Mara (when he returns) are expendable at this point.

We may need to take a step back in the re-building process. If Sather can manage Alex Bourret for Pascal Dupuis (no better than Hossa), what would Malik, Mara and Prucha return.

Or maybe we can package those 4 guys and/or a 2nd rounder for a couple top-six guys from LA, CAR, MIN or COL.

I have difficulty seeing Moore as anything but a fourth liner...

And here's a Holiday blockbuster fantasy:

NYR/PHO

Drury/2nd round pick for Mueller
Montoya/Prucha for Doan
Mara for Ballard
You're the first one to put Drury or Gomez in a trade proposal.

Let's get this straight before it gets out of hand,

1. Nobody will take their contract, and by that, I mean nobody.

Literally if you don't understand I mean nobody.

2. Uhh..neither should go anywhere anyway? They're both playing good at what they do and imagine when everyone else starts playing up to potential that will only make them stand out even more. So.....

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
You're the first one to put Drury or Gomez in a trade proposal.

Let's get this straight before it gets out of hand,

1. Nobody will take their contract, and by that, I mean nobody.

Literally if you don't understand I mean nobody.

2. Uhh..neither should go anywhere anyway? They're both playing good at what they do and imagine when everyone else starts playing up to potential that will only make them stand out even more. So.....
Let's make it even more simple: both Gomez and Drury have no movement clauses in their contracts according to published reports. The organization can't even send them to the minors without their permission.

Brooklyn Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 09:57 PM
AveryisSuperman

Clearly Dawes should have been recalled.

AveryisSuperman is offline   Reply With Quote