HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A little cherepanov sweetness

Old
12-11-2007, 03:56 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
WHAT a goal!!

Those white gloves he has on are ****ing awesome, too.
The gloves are real sweet.

So was the goal.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 09:33 AM
ogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
WHAT a goal!!

Those white gloves he has on are ****ing awesome, too.

Yea the white gloves are great ...you don't see too many people with white gloves. I had a pair a few years back, but after a week or two in a hockey bag they weren't white no more.

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 11:44 AM
NYRJurgen88

Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
i dont think its possible to understate how important Bobby Sanguinetti is going to be for the future of this franchise. As long as he can stay semi competent in his own end, weve got an offensive gem for sure.

17-25-42 in just 31 games

To put that in perspective, thats more points than Jaromir Jagr & Brendan Shanahan have this year combined.

Obviously i dont expect a 1:1 transition up the food chain, but those numbers are just sick.

Having a defenseman who can actively and quickly transition the puck from defense to offense is going to be huge. Right now our best player at this is probably Marek Malik, and hes sitting on the bench.
Malik? really? no chance inferno!!

But i do agree, Sangs has serious skills and his PP potency will be huge for us. I think he'll be in the NHl in 2 years. Next year he'll be groomed in the AHL and he'll then get 3rd pair and PP time in NY the following year.

Our D is going to be so young AND talent in NY in 2 yrs...

Toots -Girardi
Staal - Sauer(?)
Sanguinetti - Baranka

Regardless of pairings thats a damn talented, HOMEGROWN 6 kids.

NYRJurgen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 11:52 AM
Shaun_W_W

Man I am so pissed the leafs traded away their pick so couldn't pick this guy up... I was actually hoping they would trade up for him lol didn't think he would fall to like 14 or whatever the leafs were...

Shaun_W_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 01:51 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

man, i just love this guy..as you can see in my av. Cherry will be a highlight reel star in NYC

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 02:20 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Great movement of the body and the puck. Pretty amazing, he never really lost control of the puck even though there was a guy between him and it for a second or so.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2007, 08:08 PM
BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
i dont think its possible to understate how important Bobby Sanguinetti is going to be for the future of this franchise. As long as he can stay semi competent in his own end, weve got an offensive gem for sure.

17-25-42 in just 31 games

To put that in perspective, thats more points than Jaromir Jagr & Brendan Shanahan have this year combined.

Obviously i dont expect a 1:1 transition up the food chain, but those numbers are just sick.

Having a defenseman who can actively and quickly transition the puck from defense to offense is going to be huge. Right now our best player at this is probably Marek Malik, and hes sitting on the bench.
Right now the two best puck moving defenseman we have (that is either at making an outlet pass or carrying the puck up themselves) are Dan Girardi and Marc Staal.

By the end of the year, I fully expect Staal to be the best at both as he gains more confidence in carrying the puck and taking chances with high payoffs. As it stands, even at this point in time, he's by far our best puck carrying defenseman (and in terms of his efficiency over the first 30 games, probably gives Gomez a run for his money). With that said, obviously the sample size in carries is much different.

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2007, 06:49 AM
NYRJurgen88

Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnightRU View Post
Great movement of the body and the puck. Pretty amazing, he never really lost control of the puck even though there was a guy between him and it for a second or so.
he's insanely talented. i just hope he stays healthy...

If and when he gets to NY and he has to line up against Brandon Sutter i hope someone (hollweg, Avery etc) takes a run at that punk for Cherepanov!!!

NYRJurgen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2007, 08:58 AM
h0ckeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRJurgen88 View Post

If and when he gets to NY and he has to line up against Brandon Sutter i hope someone (hollweg, Avery etc) takes a run at that punk for Cherepanov!!!
Screw brandon sutter i bet he doesnt even crack an NHL line-up.

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2007, 09:17 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRJurgen88 View Post

Supposedly he's a bit inconsistent, reminds me of Jeff Carter. A LOT of talent, but is really streaky. Cherepanov should have time to make up for that though. He should be a big addition to the Rags in 2 years or so.

Old
12-12-2007, 11:43 AM
h0ckeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnightRU View Post
Supposedly he's a bit inconsistent, reminds me of Jeff Carter. A LOT of talent, but is really streaky. Cherepanov should have time to make up for that though. He should be a big addition to the Rags in 2 years or so.
I certainly hope hes not a jeff carter!! lol.

A lot of scouts had cherepanov as the most talented kid in the draft(teams were scared to take him because of the risk of him not coming over from russia), which means the possibility of him being more talented than PPG player pat kane. Not saying this is definately going to turn out true, but im a rangers fan an i gotta hope this kid is atleast close to what hes supposed to be.

Either way lookout, hes gonna be an impact player.

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2007, 11:51 AM
pzilla3

There's our power foward, nice stuff

pzilla3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2007, 12:09 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
I certainly hope hes not a jeff carter!! lol.

A lot of scouts had cherepanov as the most talented kid in the draft(teams were scared to take him because of the risk of him not coming over from russia), which means the possibility of him being more talented than PPG player pat kane. Not saying this is definately going to turn out true, but im a rangers fan an i gotta hope this kid is atleast close to what hes supposed to be.

Either way lookout, hes gonna be an impact player.
True. Unlike Carter, he can hit the net. But he was one of the top 5 in every draft list before the draft, and fell way back from a huge slump in the RSL. You guys are lucky cause I thought he'd go way earlier than he did. Rangers got one heck of a bargain when they drafted him.