HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Changing up the Jagr line

Old
12-12-2007, 01:50 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
on his line, he's the quarterback and the man, he does need to bear the brunt of the blame for the lack of success on the line. I said this before, there's something wrong and we don't know what it may be. Maybe he really is upset Nylander is not with the team; or perhaps the move to let him go and bring in Drury and Gomez was done without his consultation and he wanted to be consulted. Who knows, but either there's an injury or there's something else wrong with Jags.
That's ridiculous but you just may be right. Tom Renney isn't the coach of this team unless Jagr approves, Jagr needs to approve of everything, it's the only thing I don't like about the guy. If Jagr doesn't like it, it doesn't get done. He's an athlete, he's not the coach, or in the front office, therefore his say should mean little to what goes on in that department. As for the ice...he can do what he wants, nobody has a gun to his head to make him score.

I hate the way Renney sends everything by Jagr, it's almost sickening.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2007, 01:51 PM
u8mylife47

There are a couple of line possibilities that make sense to me..

Drury - Straka - Jagr would be nice, but Drury would have to take the faceoffs, and afterwards he would shift over to the left.

Straka has the hustle, chemistry, and playmaking ability that compliment Jagr. It is more important for Jagr to have a matching center than a matching winger.

As demonstrated with the lack of production this season, and Hossa succeeding last year, the left side is dictated by how Jagr plays... whereas a new center dictates Jagr... in other words, Jagr's productivity would not suffer as much if you rotate around his left wings.

Furthermore, Drury's hard, accurate shot and ability to pick up rebounds makes him a fantastic winger on that line..

Also, Prucha - Straka - Jagr could work for the same reason. Prucha can pick up rebounds, and has a good accurate shot.. Added Czech chemistry is a bonus.

u8mylife47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Larry Melnyk

Dubinsky belongs on the 3rd line. And Prucha has done nothing to deserva a shot on the 1st line.Playing Straka-Drury-Jagr together (even if Straka is C for everything but draws) for a stretch of time is the only internal move we have left..

If that fails, we will go outside the organization for a C before the deadline..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2007, 03:52 PM
bOnEs516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Dubinsky belongs on the 3rd line. And Prucha has done nothing to deserva a shot on the 1st line.Playing Straka-Drury-Jagr together (even if Straka is C for everything but draws) for a stretch of time is the only internal move we have left..

If that fails, we will go outside the organization for a C before the deadline..
I agree on the line but I don't think we are going on the hunt for another center that would be rediculous. We may just have to wait for it to begin to click.

bOnEs516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2007, 03:59 PM
mnorman1

Send a message via AIM to mnorman1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Ranger View Post
That's ridiculous but you just may be right. Tom Renney isn't the coach of this team unless Jagr approves, Jagr needs to approve of everything, it's the only thing I don't like about the guy. If Jagr doesn't like it, it doesn't get done. He's an athlete, he's not the coach, or in the front office, therefore his say should mean little to what goes on in that department. As for the ice...he can do what he wants, nobody has a gun to his head to make him score.

I hate the way Renney sends everything by Jagr, it's almost sickening.

Not sure if that's true, but if Jagr is not playing well due to disliking Nylander's departure, then he must be benched or traded immediately. This is a professional sport where people move around all the time. The best way to respond is to be adaptive to the other guys on the team. To me, if he's not happy with his linemates, he's bringing down the team and does not deserve to play. I'm talking about his emotions, not his actual numbers. If he scored less but was "happy" on his line, that is okay.

If you want to win you have to make sacrifices. If he's not over Nylander yet...

mnorman1 is offline   Reply With Quote