Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Perry Upside

Old
12-12-2007, 03:11 PM
Cone

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cone
Perry falling down is just something he does. He likes to lay on the ice from time to time. Just how he likes running into goalies and telling Pavel he's gonna get it.

Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2007, 10:13 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyons71 View Post
Top 6 winger refers to top two lines.

If you're a top pairing defenseman, you are on the top pair. You're not in the top two of your side. (equaling top 4)

Perry will never be bad enough to be a 3rd liner. He's got too much skill. He really has an uncanny ability when in close to the net, and if he scored half the time he made chances for himself, he'd be up there in the stat sheets. I expect him to fill out and be a better player, but i think Getz will always be better and always score more.
agreed.

Duck Off is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 05:26 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Downsides to Perry's game are his skating (which is the reason he falls so often. contact + weak skating = butt on ice syndrome) and his weak defensive game. I would never want him out there killing a penalty, and I'm often a little nervous when he has the puck in our own zone.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 05:41 PM
Diggy

I really like Perry. He is one of the most exciting players to watch, he is always doing something when he is on the ice. Often he comes across as clumsy in the way he skates but then turns around and pulls off a brilliant move.

His checks are funny to watch as they are more of a "running into the other player" then it is a true "bodycheck". His technique is just brutal but he does get some big hits out of it.

The only other criticism I have for him is his pass reception / need to get shots off faster. If he had quick hands at getting shots off like Schneider he would be scary good.

Diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 09:00 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Downsides to Perry's game are his skating (which is the reason he falls so often. contact + weak skating = butt on ice syndrome) and his weak defensive game. I would never want him out there killing a penalty, and I'm often a little nervous when he has the puck in our own zone.
I think he is quite good defensively actually, not Getzlaf good, but certainly not bad by any means.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2007, 09:22 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Actually I think Perry's like 6th in line for the PK. He was out killing penalties one game near the end of last year when Marchant was injured or something and one (or two) of the other penalty killers was in the box. Everyone was surprised, but after the game they said Perry was actually always part of PK practice all year and he's a spare forward for the PK.

snarktacular is online now   Reply With Quote