Notices

Kovalchuk/Nash Waiting On Iginla

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2004, 09:06 PM
Heater15

vCash: 500
Kovalchuk/Nash Waiting On Iginla

Kovalchuk and Nash both scored their 41st goals of the season. Calgary's Jarome Iginla has a chance to win the Rocket Richard Trophy against Anaheim tomorrow night. Kovalchuk had a partial breakaway but Khabibulin stopped him (kind of like last night's game where he tried going shelf on Aubin). Nash also had a breakaway chance near the end of the Detroit game but Legace stopped him as well.

I think if the ref would have blown the whistle when he should have Kovalchuk would have scored into the empty net. All he needed was another second or 2 and it was his.

Lehtonen looked great again! I can't wait to see him next season. I think that Lecavalier only has that one move (where he did it on the breakaway then tried it seconds later on the penalty shot)...every time he's on a breakaway he always does that move and it never works.

I am also disgraced with the defense. Majesky and Tjarnqvist have looked AWEFUL. I wish we had kept that 2nd round pick for Majesky.

Old
04-03-2004, 09:20 PM
cbjosufan

Send a message via AIM to cbjosufan Send a message via MSN to cbjosufan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heater15
Kovalchuk and Nash both scored their 41st goals of the season. Calgary's Jarome Iginla has a chance to win the Rocket Richard Trophy against Anaheim tomorrow night. Kovalchuk had a partial breakaway but Khabibulin stopped him (kind of like last night's game where he tried going shelf on Aubin). Nash also had a breakaway chance near the end of the Detroit game but Legace stopped him as well.

I think if the ref would have blown the whistle when he should have Kovalchuk would have scored into the empty net. All he needed was another second or 2 and it was his.

Lehtonen looked great again! I can't wait to see him next season. I think that Lecavalier only has that one move (where he did it on the breakaway then tried it seconds later on the penalty shot)...every time he's on a breakaway he always does that move and it never works.

I am also disgraced with the defense. Majesky and Tjarnqvist have looked AWEFUL. I wish we had kept that 2nd round pick for Majesky.

CBJ fan lurking onto your board to see what ya'll thought of both young guys getting 41 tonight. I was defintely impressed with both of them throughout the season and glad, as of now, they get to share the title....just gotta wait for tommorow to end...crosses fingers...

Old
04-03-2004, 09:36 PM
TelperiŽn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjosufan
CBJ fan lurking onto your board to see what ya'll thought of both young guys getting 41 tonight. I was defintely impressed with both of them throughout the season and glad, as of now, they get to share the title....just gotta wait for tommorow to end...crosses fingers...
Yeah. Sens fan lurking here.

Nash and Kovalchuk are both awesome. Just waiting for Iginla to make the final decision. Anywho, the person (or people) who wins should be proud of himself.

Old
04-03-2004, 10:26 PM
sonnytheman

is there no tie-breaker for the award? I remember when both Jagr and Lindros finished with the most points in 94-95, Jagr won it because he had more goals than Lindros. So is there no tie-breaker, like whoever has played less games wins, or something?

Old
04-03-2004, 10:36 PM
dunwoody_joe

Tie breaker is total points. Ilya would win!

Old
04-03-2004, 10:40 PM
easton122

Send a message via AIM to easton122 Send a message via MSN to easton122
Odd you think it would be less shots

ATL
CLB
OTT
PHI

who else?

Old
04-03-2004, 10:42 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

What a stupid tiebreaker. It is the award for most goals not points.

Let the kids(and perhaps Iggy too) share it.

Old
04-04-2004, 01:16 AM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heater15
He was VERY close to getting it. There should have been more time on the clock I think, they ran it a few times after whistles without putting more time on, but would have to look at my tape to be sure. Kovy was pretty ticked.

Quote:
Lehtonen looked great again! I can't wait to see him next season.
That's mostly why I was stopping by, I was very impressed by him. He made the stops he had to, and a few of them were beauties. He's really fast side-to-side, nice to have a guy that big who's that quick. He looks great so far, can't wait to see more of him next year.

Quote:
I think that Lecavalier only has that one move (where he did it on the breakaway then tried it seconds later on the penalty shot)...every time he's on a breakaway he always does that move and it never works.
LOL, sad but true. Vinny goes through streaks where he does this for weeks on end, and then he wonders why he doesn't score. Give me St. Louis in that situation anyday!

Old
04-04-2004, 04:13 PM
OMA

Iginla potted a SH goal today.

Still has half a game to go.

Obviously, I'd like to see Iginla get it. That being said, a 3-way tie between Nash, Iginla and Kovalchuk wouldn't be bad. Three guys that really deserve it IMO

Closed Thread