HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT Current All Star Voting

Old
12-12-2007, 07:15 AM
NYRJurgen88

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to NYRJurgen88
Doesnt anyone remember last year (or maybe the yr before) - Rory Fitzpatrick?

He almost made the West all star team as his team stuffed ballots and voted in silly numbers for the guy. At the time he had something minor like 2+5 in 30 or so games. He was a minor leaguer/unknown yet the tried to get him in.

I havent got a problem with Huet going to the ASG, as his numbers are good.

I think it should be on performance rather than name, and therefore Henrik and Huet should certainly be in the running whereas until recently, Brodeur would have no right to be there....

Of course if it was upto me i'd have Henrik, Cam Ward and tim Thomas(!) there.

obviously, however, the ASG is also a popularity contest.

NYRJurgen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2007, 07:52 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRJurgen88 View Post
obviously, however, the ASG is also a popularity contest.
Pretty much the whole ballot is a popularity contest. All of the wannabe fans vote nonstop for their team only. I give a few votes for my teams players, but only continuosly vote for the people who deserve it (crosby,ovie, etc.). I don't follow the west extremely close so I always vote Kane, Iglina, and change the 3rd guy like every time.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2007, 07:59 AM
NYRJurgen88

Quote:
Originally Posted by d a n n y View Post
Pretty much the whole ballot is a popularity contest. All of the wannabe fans vote nonstop for their team only. I give a few votes for my teams players, but only continuosly vote for the people who deserve it (crosby,ovie, etc.). I don't follow the west extremely close so I always vote Kane, Iglina, and change the 3rd guy like every time.
my point is why vote more than once?

surely in the interests of fairness people should only vote once. Its a numbers thing and the NHL want to brag that X amount of people voted on their All star game. PR nothing more....

I voted for Jagr (though why i dont know!!!) and Henrik and all the available Rangers but all my other votes on the West and East etc, went to the most deserving cases... i.e a guy like LeClaire etc...

Old
12-12-2007, 09:32 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Leetch_94 View Post
Sad part is Lundqvist, Brodeur, and DiPietro deserve to be at the All-Star game, but the only other players on the three teams that deserve to go is Parise. Think whoever chooses the remaining spots has enough balls to leave Brodeur out? Nothing against Brodeur but if we want to have the players that deserve to go (I know, it's about who's most popular, humor me)...Brodeur would be the old-man out. Course, we can thank Habs fans for being complete homers. Wouldn't even be so bad if Huet was even close to deserving a spot on the team but if he wasn't voted to start, he wouldn't make it at all. Oh well, guess it's not important anyways. Just a shame that our best player by far may be robbed of an all-star appearance is all while one or two of our pathetic forwards may get the nod instead.
Is Rosy still leading dmen in scoring? If he is I think he should be in the game as well.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2007, 09:49 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
Is Rosy still leading dmen in scoring? If he is I think he should be in the game as well.
I think its a 3 way tie currently.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2007, 09:59 AM
NYRJurgen88

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
I think its a 3 way tie currently.
if Roszy carries on at his rate his extension is going to cost big $$$ for the Rangers

Old
12-12-2007, 10:20 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
Huet????, oh god
I'm going to Montreal this weekend...and going to the Leafs Habs game on Saturday.

I'll grab a bat and do what needs to be done

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2007, 10:23 AM
NYRJurgen88

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
I'm going to Montreal this weekend...and going to the Leafs Habs game on Saturday.

I'll grab a bat and do what needs to be done
i was at the Leafs Pens game on the 1st and that was quality. To be fair, Toskala looked like he'd be worthy a slot in the all star game. If only he never had such a shocking defence in front of him!!!!

Old
12-12-2007, 10:39 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Leetch_94 View Post
Sad part is Lundqvist, Brodeur, and DiPietro deserve to be at the All-Star game, but the only other players on the three teams that deserve to go is Parise. Think whoever chooses the remaining spots has enough balls to leave Brodeur out? Nothing against Brodeur but if we want to have the players that deserve to go (I know, it's about who's most popular, humor me)...Brodeur would be the old-man out. Course, we can thank Habs fans for being complete homers. Wouldn't even be so bad if Huet was even close to deserving a spot on the team but if he wasn't voted to start, he wouldn't make it at all. Oh well, guess it's not important anyways. Just a shame that our best player by far may be robbed of an all-star appearance is all while one or two of our pathetic forwards may get the nod instead.
you don't think Roszival does?

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2007, 10:10 AM
dank

hmmm, check this out. a guy over on NHL.com, a Rangers blogger says this about the ASG:

Quote:
Forward #1=Jaromir Jagr-NYR- Lets face it, Jagr is a beast, a man among men. But damn is he a great player. Jagr is once again donning the Captain’s C on his blue shirt and he’s doing a terrific job, keeping his team in the 1st place race in his division before the All-Star break comes around. He is second on his team in every offensive category, 7 goals, 14 assists, and 21 points. He has 2 Power Play Goals and he has a whopping, team leading 3 game winning goals. Definately a great pick for Atlanta this year.
http://fans.nhl.com/members/NYRLeetch2/blogs/3901

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2007, 11:07 AM
TheMetalChick*

Quote:
...DiPietro, Marty, and Lundqvist...
I agree with what many have said here, all three of these guys definitely deserve to be there. However, it is because they are all from the same division that I dont think it will actually happen. IMO Rick is the only Islander that truly deserves to be called an "All-Star."- because lunchpailers might be great guys and hard workers but they arent all-stars. Brendan Witt is a great defenseman, but he certainly isnt flashy or offensive-minded- the type of game he plays is not really welcome in all-star games. Who else is left to choose- Miro? Comrie? Guerin? Maybe... but do any one of them deserve to be there over Rick? Nope. The Devs and Rangers have other players that will definitely go, but their goalies both deserve to be there.

I really dont know what they are going to do about this.

I agree with Shadowrunner, fans should not directly pick who is in the starting lineup.

My idea would be that a teams fans vote for a few of their own players to be considered for the all-star game, then the league picks and makes a team out of the guys that were voted in as possibilities for each team. That would at least be more fair... and then all the Habs voting wouldnt screw everything up!

LMAO @ Huet... not that he sucks, but come on.

And BTW I really hate having to vote for western conference teams when Im voting. We never even see these most of guys, its dumb to force us to choose.

TheMetalChick* is offline   Reply With Quote