HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Possible trade for Arnott?

Old
12-15-2007, 03:47 PM
comeonnow

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to comeonnow
Possible trade for Arnott?

Nobody freak out... is there a possible trade for Arnott? The Sabres have a couple of players available, please guys and gals give me something with some sense and your reason why the trade is fair....on your mark ...get set..go.

comeonnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2007, 04:02 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeonnow View Post
Nobody freak out... is there a possible trade for Arnott? The Sabres have a couple of players available, please guys and gals give me something with some sense and your reason why the trade is fair....on your mark ...get set..go.
The players we would want you'd likely not want to give up...considering we need scoring wingers not named Afinogenov.

Jason Pominville, Derek Roy...guys like that. Arnott still has a reasonable contract for 3 more seasons after this one.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2007, 04:25 PM
comeonnow

That doesn't scare me off. Pomminville and ? I understand you've got to give to get.

Old
12-15-2007, 11:43 PM
Jarnberg

Please word this title better next time. Something with proposal, so that some are not confused with thinking an actual rumor is in place.

But yes, I'd get Arnott out of here. He's been really bad for us. He floats too much, shows no physical side, and cannot score when needed. I think he would benefit from a change of scenery.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2007, 11:57 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Right now? Arnott for a bag of pucks. (plagiarised)

Or, Arnott and Mason for Ryan Miller. (Miller's not playing that great I guess but we couldn't do worse...)

You got anybody strong on their skates with the puck? We don't.

Ok, ok, just frustrated right now.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 12-16-2007 at 12:04 AM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2007, 09:38 AM
comeonnow

TY for the reminder I'll word my next thread better. Is he a leader? More than points production, the Sabres need some one to keep the young guys heads in the game.

Old
12-16-2007, 10:18 AM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
TY for the reminder I'll word my next thread better. Is he a leader? More than points production, the Sabres need some one to keep the young guys heads in the game.
Right now I question whether or not he is. He is in a slump right now and I think it shows on and off the ice. I fear that this is something that could actually trickle down to the rest of the team. I don't think Radulov is learning anything from him about keeping your head up to work through a slump.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2007, 01:22 PM
JeffYear92*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
The players we would want you'd likely not want to give up...considering we need scoring wingers not named Afinogenov.

Jason Pominville, Derek Roy...guys like that. Arnott still has a reasonable contract for 3 more seasons after this one.

Derek Roy For Arnott

Lock Derek up/ If he already isnt

Use your first round or second round Pick this year on Mikkel Boedker

And you could see three former kitchener Rangers playing on One Line in a few years

Second Line

Nick Spalling................ Derek Roy...................... Mikkel Boedker

I Would Pay to see them together

and maybe even travel down to Nashville

JeffYear92* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Irish Blues

Is Arnott waiving his NMC? If not, then there's no potential trade to be discussed.

12-16-2007, 09:28 PM
Statesman

I'm not sure why any NHL team would want Arnott...........Just my opinion.

Statesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2007, 09:31 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues View Post
Is Arnott waiving his NMC? If not, then there's no potential trade to be discussed.
What ever buzz kill.

I guess we should go over to the NHL talk board and get in pissing matches with everyone.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2007, 09:57 PM
fogducker

what about dumont..

fogducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 01:19 AM
Hazeltherabbit

Not going to happen. NTC

Hazeltherabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 08:17 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazeltherabbit View Post
Not going to happen. NTC
Those are waived all the time, however.

Old
12-18-2007, 09:13 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by fogducker View Post
what about dumont..
The only way Dumont gets moved is around the deadline or if Poile does an even UFA swap for a change of scenery move.

Dumont hasn't looked that good this year at all really. Not like he did last year.

Old
12-18-2007, 10:04 AM
Hazeltherabbit

Quote:
Those are waived all the time, however.
No way they are going to shake this team up like that. He still has 2 more years on his contract. Just because NTC get waived, doesn't mean this is an actual rumor. This is someone's random idea no? Is there any proof or even a rumor that this could happen? This is the first I have heard of it. It is like me saying we are talking about trading Radulov and Weber... Not gonna happen.

Hazeltherabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 10:27 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
The only way Dumont gets moved is around the deadline or if Poile does an even UFA swap for a change of scenery move.

Dumont hasn't looked that good this year at all really. Not like he did last year.
He looks just like he did last year at this time. He never really turned it on until the stretch\playoffs, where he was our best player. He's cold, but to say he hasn't looked good isn't really fair or accurate, when NO ONE has looked good.

Old
12-18-2007, 11:53 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
He looks just like he did last year at this time. He never really turned it on until the stretch\playoffs, where he was our best player. He's cold, but to say he hasn't looked good isn't really fair or accurate, when NO ONE has looked good.
Yes no one has looked good, but Dumont hasn't looked the same at all in my opinion. Maybe I'm crazy, but he seems to be terrible with the puck this year. He can't hold a pass (he almost looks like Fiddler in that regard!) and has lacked the creativity that he displayed last year.

Old
12-18-2007, 12:20 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Yes no one has looked good, but Dumont hasn't looked the same at all in my opinion. Maybe I'm crazy, but he seems to be terrible with the puck this year. He can't hold a pass (he almost looks like Fiddler in that regard!) and has lacked the creativity that he displayed last year.
Well, like I said, he went through a bout of this last year as well. I think that whole line has been pretty bad since coming back from the Canada trip

Old
12-18-2007, 12:23 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
I actually agree with NMK on this one. I think Dumont's post-season play made everyone think that he was that 'dominating' in the regular season. In reality, he never has been, and he wasn't for us. Dumont's game is hard to figure out. He is a very creative player, but his creativity is almost completely centered around himself. He has a hard time getting people involved, and when he is off his game, he looks miserable. If you remember, last year he went through periods like this where nothing worked. With Dumont, it either works, or it doesn't. Right now - its not working. I think we will see him turn it around soon. He just needs a few 1on1s and rebound hot-shots to get him back into the groove. I also suspect the weakening of that second line with Erat out strongly effects his game (not to mention that Erat has always been a bit of a puck-hog himself).

12-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Feed Me A Stray Cat

Send a message via AIM to Feed Me A Stray Cat
Sorry to bump this, but the Devils could definitely use Jason Arnott (again). He provides many of the aspects that New Jersey lacks (center for elias, physical presence down the middle, shot from the point).

What would you want from the Devils?

Feed Me A Stray Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 11:31 AM
Jiggs

Garrioch mentioned Arnott being available in his column today which means he has waived his NTC and wants out. Then again it could just be speculation. With Nashville so far under the cap I would assume that you guys want to continue working with the cap minimum in place? Is that a fair assessment?

Picks or prospects should do it but who becomes the #2 center? Bonk?

Jiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 01:20 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post
Garrioch mentioned Arnott being available in his column today which means he has waived his NTC and wants out. Then again it could just be speculation. With Nashville so far under the cap I would assume that you guys want to continue working with the cap minimum in place? Is that a fair assessment?

Highly doubt that. First and foremost like you mentioned we can't do that because we would be under the minimium salary cap. That and he his one of the only people we can create a teenie bit of offense for us. I can't see us taking someone else's crappy players salary back just to get rid of arnott. If anything my best guess is Dumont would be avaiable come trade deadline

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2007, 07:22 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggs View Post

First off, Garrioch is known in the hockey world as a blowhard and a liar. Speculating that the Preds might "make him available" doesn't mean he has "OK'd his NTC and is awaiting a trade." Regardless of how this season turns out, the idea is to be better in the future...and he's got 3 and a half years left at a reasonable price...and is our captain.

Be realistic. At least try it.

Old
12-30-2007, 11:02 PM
Jiggs

Quote:
First off, Garrioch is known in the hockey world as a blowhard and a liar. Speculating that the Preds might "make him available" doesn't mean he has "OK'd his NTC and is awaiting a trade." Regardless of how this season turns out, the idea is to be better in the future...and he's got 3 and a half years left at a reasonable price...and is our captain.

Be realistic. At least try it.
Haha.That's what I thought. The only thing that would've made sense is if Arnott wanted out because of the ownership situation, etc. It sounded like a bogus rumor which is why I conferred with you knowledgable Preds fans about Arnott's status. Thanks nomorekids and predfan24 for fighting the good fight to help stop these bogus rumors from spreading like the plague.

Jiggs is offline   Reply With Quote