HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Abby has zero playoffs experience.

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2004, 10:57 PM
guinness
those were the days

vCash: 500
What's the purpose of this thread? Every goalie that has ever been a starter has started out with zero playoff experience, you can't really begin to judge Aebischer has started a few games, and then go from there. Cujo has had playoff experience, as did Roy last year, and it didn't really help either of them out.

Old
04-04-2004, 11:59 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
Why exactly is that?

Colorado has a considerably deeper set of forwards, a better defense corps, and has won the season series this year.

Marty Turco has won *one* playoff series in his career.
Well, I must place a lot more emphasis on how a team is playing going into the play-off's than you do. Dallas is the one of the hottest teams in the NHL right now. To say that COL is struggling is a major understatement IMO.

Add in DAL match up very well up front, have 2 physical scoring line forwards (Guerin, Morrow), have some great defensive stoppers (Lehtinen, Modano), a solid blueline, and a very good goalie. I have to like their chances.

I bet most prognosticators give the Stars the edge. I'm not a fan of either team, but if I was a betting man I'd take Dallas. COL massive changes haven't gelled yet, and over half the team wasn't with COL at this time last year.

Old
04-05-2004, 12:34 AM
Youreallygotme

Quote:
Why exactly is that?

Colorado has a considerably deeper set of forwards, a better defense corps, and has won the season series this year.

i think the stars are a much better team. I also think lots of other people will think that too. They have better grinders, better heart and sole players, and i think that the avalanche won the series back when the stars couldnt find their game. Stars in 6.

Old
04-05-2004, 10:54 AM
StarsPensFan

Quote:
Well thats one more playoff series than the Swiss Miss...

I can't believe some people think the Avs should start Salo...if Granato does that against the Stars, he should be committed to a mental hospital. The Stars have beaten up on Salo more times than he cares to count.

Old
04-05-2004, 11:10 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by explosivethinman
Abby is the least of Colorado's problems right now.
I do not think the Avs will win their series, but I agree that it will not be because of him.

Old
04-05-2004, 01:54 PM
Condridge Holloway

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsPensFan
The Stars have beaten up on Salo more times than he cares to count.
Salo actually played Dallas well, keeping Edmonton in many of those series. He has a much better defense and foward core in front of him now.

Old
04-05-2004, 02:53 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condridge Holloway
Salo actually played Dallas well, keeping Edmonton in many of those series. He has a much better defense and foward core in front of him now.
Over his career, he has played 21 games against Dallas in the postseason. Allowing 58 goals for a GAA of 2.76 and a .910 save%. However, as known, Salo has regressed enormously since 2 years ago, and his last playoffs to date against the Stars was last season, where he recorded a 3.00 GAA and .890 save% in 6 games. He was even more humiliated during the regular season, and while that's completely irrelevant, he has never ever won a playoff series in 4 tries against the Stars and has been owned in the season throughout his career.

Closed Thread