HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vancouver/Philly Proposal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-18-2007, 12:48 AM
  #1
Agent007
Registered User
 
Agent007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,584
vCash: 500
Vancouver/Philly Proposal

It looks like there might be a deal that both Canuck fans and Flyer fans agree on.

I thought I'd post it on here and see what you guys think.

This deal is based on PG'S original proposal.

Basically it's short and sweet and IMO pretty darn fair value

To Philly:
Lukas Krajicek
Cory Schneider

To Vancouver:
Jeff Carter

Thoughts???

Krajicek has been one of the Canucks best defencemen all year long and is ready to play in a top 4 role if not top 3. He's a smooth skating slick defencemen that would look great playing beside Hatcher. He can quarterback the powerplay and skate miles. Basically he's ready for a top 4 role at this point and has the potential to be a number 3 if not a number 2 defencemen.

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 12:54 AM
  #2
Larry44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,119
vCash: 500
Pass.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 01:11 AM
  #3
Roger's Pancreas*
 
Roger's Pancreas*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,363
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
I'm reluctantly on board.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 01:51 AM
  #4
Clancy
Registered User
 
Clancy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 297
vCash: 500
I don't want to give up on Jeff

Damn you and your wide shots and inconsistent play!

Sadly, I can see him getting traded if his play doesn't improve. I just want to see him become more confident, and not so trigger happy.

Clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 08:07 AM
  #5
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Fair offer but I'll pass.. I think it is important for the Flyers to keep most of our young core. Carter, Umberger. Jones, I do not care about him.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 08:42 AM
  #6
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
i would do it but want a 1st included. if the flyers have to include a 4th or another prospect fine but i want the 1st

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 09:12 AM
  #7
McNasty
Registered User
 
McNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rutgers
Country: United States
Posts: 5,634
vCash: 500
I think giving up on him now would be a mistake. Carter has plenty of talent and I would prefer the Flyers hang on to him and let him develop

McNasty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 09:18 AM
  #8
tytech
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,355
vCash: 500
I don’t think Vancouver does this. It’s time we stop “hoping” and "wishing" Carter turns into something. If he was going to, we’d see traces or flashes of it at least once and awhile. He’s done nothing. Vancouver realizes this as well. They know he’ll be a routine player and we should too. Krajicek is good and getting better and Schneider has potential as well.


I see Vancouver passing or wanting more.

tytech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 09:19 AM
  #9
teegale
Hartnell Down!
 
teegale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 898
vCash: 500
Jones is a good player that has consistently had a good +/-. I like him tbh.

teegale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 09:25 AM
  #10
rayearth
Registered User
 
rayearth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by teegale View Post
Jones is a good player that has consistently had a good +/-. I like him tbh.
If by consistently you mean this year, then yes.

rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 09:37 AM
  #11
mikedifr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 8,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tytech View Post
I don’t think Vancouver does this. It’s time we stop “hoping” and "wishing" Carter turns into something. If he was going to, we’d see traces or flashes of it at least once and awhile. He’s done nothing. Vancouver realizes this as well. They know he’ll be a routine player and we should too. Krajicek is good and getting better and Schneider has potential as well.


I see Vancouver passing or wanting more.
How has Carter not shown flashes? Had 23 goals as a rookie, looked better as a playmaker overall last year after he came back from his injury and has shown flashes of his goal scoring ability this year while playing on the 3rd line with 3rd and 4th line players a lot of the time (other then Upshall) Obviously Richards has jumped ahead of him on the depth chart, but this guy still has plenty of time to get better.

Not that I am comparing the two, but LeCavalier only had 23 goals and 51 points in his 3rd season in the league and 20 goals and 37 points in his 4th.

It has been proven that bigger players take longer to develop.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 12:39 PM
  #12
Haute Couturier
Registered User
 
Haute Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 5,972
vCash: 500
Not interested. I want to keep Carter.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 12:41 PM
  #13
fogducker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,399
vCash: 500
how much are you going to sign him for then? how are you going to make room

fogducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 12:48 PM
  #14
BringBackStevens
Registered User
 
BringBackStevens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,044
vCash: 500
I would do it, but i would like to be able to dump a contract along with Carter. Could we include Knuble or someone else for something of value in addition?

BringBackStevens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 01:48 PM
  #15
Larry44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fogducker View Post
how much are you going to sign him for then? how are you going to make room
Waive/trade don't resign Hatcher, Knuble, Kapanen or Upshall. No one would take Hartnell but if there was a taker...

Sign Carter, Umberger, Jones and Smith.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 02:16 PM
  #16
mercury
Registered User
 
mercury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: South Philly/SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 11,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Waive/trade don't resign Hatcher, Knuble, Kapanen or Upshall. No one would take Hartnell but if there was a taker...

Sign Carter, Umberger, Jones and Smith.
Knuble is still producing, and I think he will stay through the end of next year, allowing Giroux and JVR time to play their ways up to the team. Upshall is staying. Kapanen has a NTC, for some reason.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 04:20 PM
  #17
jfc64
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,124
vCash: 500
Why do you keep the twins when you never can find a right winger for them? We have plenty, so...

jfc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 04:23 PM
  #18
27roenick97
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 610
vCash: 500
if homer wants carter, he'll find a way to keep him. waive hatcher; don't resign smith; trade knuble; kapanen might retire after this year. upshall does not get moved, especially after homer extended him last year.

i don't think knuble is kept, since giroux almost made the lineup straight up this year. we can replace hatcher and smith, at least positionally, with picard and parent. however, one of the two will probably be kept for the need of grit and leadership.

it'll take some crafty moving, but homer can do it. if i've learned anything the last year or so, is to have faith.

27roenick97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 04:26 PM
  #19
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tytech View Post
I don’t think Vancouver does this. It’s time we stop “hoping” and "wishing" Carter turns into something. If he was going to, we’d see traces or flashes of it at least once and awhile. He’s done nothing. Vancouver realizes this as well. They know he’ll be a routine player and we should too. Krajicek is good and getting better and Schneider has potential as well.


I see Vancouver passing or wanting more.
he scores 23 as a rookie... comes back in an injury filled (horrid) season and shows greater playmaking ability... and is on pace for another 20+ goal campaign... which could be quickly bumped up by a hot streak (which has been his MO... streakiness).

he hasn't blown the doors off the joint yet, but to say you haven't seen flashes of his talent simply means you haven't been paying attention. he's 22 right now... he may never develop into a prodigious scorer, but he's going to pot a few 30 goal seasons in the NHL.

It took Lecavalier 5 seasons to show anything close to what he's shown the past couple of years... i'm not saying Carter is going to turn into Vinny, but he certainly has the size and skill to turn into a very strong offensive player in this league. Have some patience.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 04:38 PM
  #20
Haute Couturier
Registered User
 
Haute Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 5,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fogducker View Post
how much are you going to sign him for then? how are you going to make room
Hopefully they can sign him to a shorter deal for less money like they did with Coburn.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 04:46 PM
  #21
McNasty
Registered User
 
McNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rutgers
Country: United States
Posts: 5,634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
he scores 23 as a rookie... comes back in an injury filled (horrid) season and shows greater playmaking ability... and is on pace for another 20+ goal campaign... which could be quickly bumped up by a hot streak (which has been his MO... streakiness).

he hasn't blown the doors off the joint yet, but to say you haven't seen flashes of his talent simply means you haven't been paying attention. he's 22 right now... he may never develop into a prodigious scorer, but he's going to pot a few 30 goal seasons in the NHL.

It took Lecavalier 5 seasons to show anything close to what he's shown the past couple of years... i'm not saying Carter is going to turn into Vinny, but he certainly has the size and skill to turn into a very strong offensive player in this league. Have some patience.
Exactly. What is the pressing need to make a move. We have good depth at Wing and Defense in the system and at least a couple good years of Biron left so why move him? Vinny is a good example because it took him a while to learn to use his strength along with his finesse game. I just don't see a reason to trade him, right now hes in no position to demand a huge contract and we have 2 great centers ahead of him so theres no need for another center.

McNasty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 04:53 PM
  #22
Jester
Registered User
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: St. Andrews
Country: Scotland
Posts: 34,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
Exactly. What is the pressing need to make a move. We have good depth at Wing and Defense in the system and at least a couple good years of Biron left so why move him? Vinny is a good example because it took him a while to learn to use his strength along with his finesse game. I just don't see a reason to trade him, right now hes in no position to demand a huge contract and we have 2 great centers ahead of him so theres no need for another center.
going forward i might be open to looking to move Carter, particularly if Richards keeps scoring. however, that would be built around the idea that Carter has serious untapped potential... i think we need a role playing 3rd line center (preferably with some size) at some point if we're going to be a deep and versatile club. Richards has great two-way ability, but I think it makes much more sense to have a faceoff beast who plays good defense and can chip in 40 pts a year centering your "3rd line" than someone like Carter (who i'm still convinced should be moved to RW).

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 04:56 PM
  #23
ki11joy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,140
vCash: 500
Why is it that every time I read this thread title, I see Prospal, as in Vaclav Prospal, instead of proposal?


Last edited by ki11joy: 12-18-2007 at 05:54 PM.
ki11joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2007, 05:26 PM
  #24
HappyKappy
Registered User
 
HappyKappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 463
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersHockey1967 View Post
Why is it that every time I read this thread title, I see Prospal, as in Valcalv Prospal, instead of proposal?
Maybe you miss him as much as I do?

HappyKappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.