HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Kevin Klein

Old
10-22-2007, 06:22 PM
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Kevin Klein

Got into his first action on October 20, I believe. What sort of role is he going to be used in?

Old
10-22-2007, 06:34 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

I imagine he'll be getting some 2nd/3rd pairing minutes UNTIL Shea Weber gets back into game shape

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2007, 10:38 PM
braindead

I'm hoping that Trotz goes with one of his rookie/veteran pairings that helps one guy show the other how to adjust his game to the NHL..... I think Klein can teach DeVries a thing or two if given the chance.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2007, 11:39 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
I'm hoping that Trotz goes with one of his rookie/veteran pairings that helps one guy show the other how to adjust his game to the NHL..... I think Klein can teach DeVries a thing or two if given the chance.
you can't teach fleet feet

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2007, 04:41 PM
Jarnberg

Speaking of Mr. Klein, what a step up and move to setup Tootoo for the second goal in the Thrashers game.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2007, 05:04 PM
CorpseFX

vCash: 872
so why was Zidlicky a scratch? is he in the dog house?

CorpseFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2007, 05:52 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpseFX View Post
so why was Zidlicky a scratch? is he in the dog house?
On the radio after the game, Trotz explained that the team is looking for certain players to step up their game and that Zidlicky has not stepped up his game. He also mentioned that players have to step up for the team and not for individual reasons, whatever that means.

Basically, yes, he's in the dog house.

Old
12-20-2007, 08:14 AM
Le Rosbeef

Can I ask you guys what the deal is with Kevin Klein right now?

For a guy ranked as the second best prospect in his organisation's depth chart, he seems quite hard to find information on.

As an outsider looking in, it seems he last played in the NHL back in late October and only has 11 games between the Preds/Admirals in total this year...

What's the story here? It seems like a guy with good potential is just keeping the dust off the Press Box floor each week... or has he simply not lived up to billing? He certainly seems to have been a scratch for the Preds quite often this year...

Le Rosbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2007, 08:55 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkyMcWoo View Post
Can I ask you guys what the deal is with Kevin Klein right now?

For a guy ranked as the second best prospect in his organisation's depth chart, he seems quite hard to find information on.

As an outsider looking in, it seems he last played in the NHL back in late October and only has 11 games between the Preds/Admirals in total this year...

What's the story here? It seems like a guy with good potential is just keeping the dust off the Press Box floor each week... or has he simply not lived up to billing? He certainly seems to have been a scratch for the Preds quite often this year...
Our defense is incredibly young as it is, and unfortunately, 2 of the players he has a chance at stealing time from, are two of the only vets on the blueline (Devries and Zidlicky). Its just a circumstantial thing. In about 15 other organizations, Klein would have been in his 2nd/3rd season in the NHL.

12-20-2007, 09:17 AM
Jarnberg

Klein is like Upshall.

He's a great prospect and will likely have a good career. Just not here.

Upshall got unlucky with injuries at the worst times and then got buried behind depth here.

Klein got an unfortunate injury early on this year. And for some reason, Trotz hasn't liked his play (the little time that he has got).

Klein should have been playing over Koistinen, who has provided nothing to our team. Yes I know that we could only use him during our PPs, but he isn't getting the job done in that regard (Koist).

Klein needs to get in another organization, one where he will get to play.

Unfortunately for us, Klein likely has little trade value right now.

Old
12-20-2007, 09:44 AM
PredDave

Klein is much too good of a player to be wasting away in the booth night after night...

I am angered by the coaching staff's inability to play him...

Oh well, I guess that's why I am just a fan and not a coach.

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2007, 10:11 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

There's been rumblings of "attitude" issues...but I guess I'd have an attitude too if i were watching from the press box for 2 straight months.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2007, 10:34 AM
PredDave

Maybe Klein's attitude will take a turn for the better once Trotz is fired?

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2007, 05:44 PM
Le Rosbeef

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Let's hope he can bounce back and make it stick in a Preds uniform sometime soon.

Le Rosbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 03:57 PM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
There's been rumblings of "attitude" issues...but I guess I'd have an attitude too if i were watching from the press box for 2 straight months.
Didn't Upshall have an "attitude" problem as well. To me, it seems it's the coach who might be in need of an attitude adjustment.

tulsytrid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2007, 04:37 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsytrid1 View Post
Didn't Upshall have an "attitude" problem as well. To me, it seems it's the coach who might be in need of an attitude adjustment.
Or it could be that the players have a pissy attitude like much of our fanbase does right now. Remember, Suter too had an attitude problem, but thankfully Coach Peterson was sent to his home in Wisconsin over the summer and told Ryan exactly how it was going to be and why it needed to be that way and with the guidance of his hockey playing family, he realized that it was indeed he who had the attitude problem and has since changed for the better.

One of the main issues this team has and that both Klein and Koistinen have is that neither has a two-way contract and that both would be exposed to waivers if sent down and most likely lost. Until that issue is resolved and we can have some roster flexibility, we will continue to see the same players in the same positions night after night because they no that there is no one to replace them with.

Honestly though, if Klein and/or Koistinen have been working hard in practice, I wouldn't be against putting them in the lineup and seeing whether or not they could hack it at this point, even if it meant them or someone else playing out of position (ie: defenseman to forward).

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 01:50 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I just don't see what it would hurt to try Klein again. I mean if Koistinen is only going to get 5-10 shifts a game why not try Klein in those shifts for a game or two. Especially now that we have lost 5 in a row, shake things up, try something new. I know they don't necessarily play the same game but how is anyone going to know if Klein can hack it if he's not playing in actual games?!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 10:06 AM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
I just don't see what it would hurt to try Klein again. I mean if Koistinen is only going to get 5-10 shifts a game why not try Klein in those shifts for a game or two. Especially now that we have lost 5 in a row, shake things up, try something new. I know they don't necessarily play the same game but how is anyone going to know if Klein can hack it if he's not playing in actual games?!
That makes sense logically....I got a feeling that Klein has been pretty unhappy with the whole situation and that is being reflected on his practice performance.

I would bet that he is sulking rather than showing them in practice why they are making a big mistake not playing him....

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2007, 06:19 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsytrid1 View Post
We all know Coach T has a rough history with young players......He battled with Legwand for years, and his opinions of Hartnell is likely why Poile only offered him a 1 year deal prior to FA.

Enoch is online now   Reply With Quote